Tighter U.S.-Japan alliance is unexpected legacy of Kishida-Biden era

I'm starting to wonder if Shocked Canadian was traumatized by a "Happy Ending" gone wrong.

Yes, civil liberties in Europe and elsewhere in the world exist because of America. WWII changed everything. It's only been 80 years. America ensured that no world wars broke out since then and that fascism and communism failed.

I think the people of those nations insisting on them had a lot more to do with that...

They now realize that the decades of assisting China and embracing every issue THEY pushed, such as climate change, mass immigration, larger government control has all been for Chinas benefit.

Next you'll be blaming China for the Heartbreak of Psoriasis.

People in the west are upset about climate change because they can see the results. We have mass migration because the west has jobs and the third world has excess people. China is not hiding under your bed waiting to do awful things to you, you paranoid fuck.

This has been a long, slow grind by the Communists of China to have Europe and the U.S undermine their own energy industries, to sink their own Middle Class, their patriotism, their manufacturing and military capabilities, and ultimately, ensure more central control which China can influence. All at the cost of civil liberties and sovereignty of citizens.

Most of those things we've done to ourselves. I find it amusing when a guy like Trump can convince stupid fucks like you that when Rich people like him moved their jobs to China, it was because the Chinese did something devious.

I don't think people realize just how impressive Chinas intelligence have been. They even have a long line of apologists for them in America. They divided and conquered the West without firing a shot. Turning the tables on what Reagan did to the old Soviet Union.

Wow, those devious Chinese. I need to keep a closer eye on my wife.

We did it to ourselves. I listen to people who are supposed to be intelligent and knowledgeable. I'm not impressed in 80% of the cases unfortunately. These guys are supposed to be able to impress average people like myself. That's a problem when the standard has fallen so much.

Well, frankly, I don't think anyone can overcome your paranoia.

The real Chinese are in Taiwan, you know that right?

The CCP who run China now are just a party that was funded by Russia at that time. They are now a very powerful party.

Um, no, guy, the Nationalists lost a civil war and we propped up their "playing house" in Taiwan for the last 70 years.

Heck, the Chinese have only been in Taiwan since the 16th Century. Before that it was indigenous people they displaced/genocided.

I'm starting to wonder if Shocked Canadian was traumatized by a "Happy Ending" gone wrong.

I think the people of those nations insisting on them had a lot more to do with that...

Next you'll be blaming China for the Heartbreak of Psoriasis.

People in the west are upset about climate change because they can see the results. We have mass migration because the west has jobs and the third world has excess people. China is not hiding under your bed waiting to do awful things to you, you paranoid fuck.

Most of those things we've done to ourselves. I find it amusing when a guy like Trump can convince stupid fucks like you that when Rich people like him moved their jobs to China, it was because the Chinese did something devious.

Wow, those devious Chinese. I need to keep a closer eye on my wife.

Well, frankly, I don't think anyone can overcome your paranoia.

You're too biased. You remind me of the Influencers in China who speak so romantically about the country when anyone with half a brain knows he cannot speak negatively of them while in their country. You've heard of "visa exit bans" I'm sure.

Clearly we are never going to agree. I have nothing against the Chinese culture or even the CCP, they are doing what they deem necessary to win and it has been working fantastically.

I do have a selfish agenda as I don't want to be a G-dless world where human rights are crushed at the hands of the state. You've never seen tanks rolling on American cities have you?

These issues are well above our paygrades, but at least one of us thinks domestic human rights matter in the West matter.

You're too biased. You remind me of the Influencers in China who speak so romantically about the country when anyone with half a brain knows he cannot speak negatively of them while in their country. You've heard of "visa exit bans" I'm sure.

If I were visiting a foreign country- even yours (which is the only foreign country I've ever visited) I wouldn't go there and badmouth it. That's just bad manners.

They have different values than we do. that doesn't make them wrong, just different. I wouldn't want to live in China any more than I would want to live in the Netherlands. One is more restrictive, the other is far too permissive. But I don't pretend that either country is part of a vast conspiracy to make my life terrible. I can usually thank other Americans for that.

Clearly we are never going to agree. I have nothing against the Chinese culture or even the CCP, they are doing what they deem necessary to win and it has been working fantastically.

No, you just rant about them constantly. You aren't obsessed at all. And LingLing didn't emasculate you during the Happy ending Gone Wrong.

I do have a selfish agenda as I don't want to be a G-dless world where human rights are crushed at the hands of the state. You've never seen tanks rolling on American cities have you?

Oh, quite the contrary, nothing would make me happier if religion was eradicated. I fucking hate religion. Ever since a Nun told me it was "God's Will" that my mom died of cancer. Fuck religion.

I haven't seen them in American cities, but I have seen them used in places like Waco. Shit, most of our police departments have miltiary grade vehicles now, they don't need the Army to pop in.

These issues are well above our paygrades, but at least one of us thinks domestic human rights matter in the West matter.

I agree, but this is nothing to do with China. Republicans want to ban abortions and gay rights and teaching evolution, Democrats want to restrict racist hate speech and corporate profiteering. So I'm a little suspicious of anyone who says they are about "Freedom" or "Liberty".

But again, nothing to do with China at all.

If I were visiting a foreign country- even yours (which is the only foreign country I've ever visited) I wouldn't go there and badmouth it. That's just bad manners.

They have different values than we do. that doesn't make them wrong, just different. I wouldn't want to live in China any more than I would want to live in the Netherlands. One is more restrictive, the other is far too permissive. But I don't pretend that either country is part of a vast conspiracy to make my life terrible. I can usually thank other Americans for that.

No, you just rant about them constantly. You aren't obsessed at all. And LingLing didn't emasculate you during the Happy ending Gone Wrong.

Oh, quite the contrary, nothing would make me happier if religion was eradicated. I fucking hate religion. Ever since a Nun told me it was "God's Will" that my mom died of cancer. Fuck religion.

I haven't seen them in American cities, but I have seen them used in places like Waco. Shit, most of our police departments have miltiary grade vehicles now, they don't need the Army to pop in.

I agree, but this is nothing to do with China. Republicans want to ban abortions and gay rights and teaching evolution, Democrats want to restrict racist hate speech and corporate profiteering. So I'm a little suspicious of anyone who says they are about "Freedom" or "Liberty".

But again, nothing to do with China at all.

I'm obsessed with ensuring the West remains free and avoiding WWIII.

Do you think it's ok if China invades Taiwan? You've said it is their territory anyways.

I'm obsessed with ensuring the West remains free and avoiding WWIII.

Do you think it's ok if China invades Taiwan? You've said it is their territory anyways.
Uh, US policy says it's their territory.

We don't recognize Taiwan as an independent country.

We would be on shaky legal ground if we got in the middle of that fight.

I doubt they will because the lack the capability for a mass amphibious invasion of that scale (more impressive than D-Day with no element of suprirse).

Of course, Taiwan has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world, they can just wait them out.

Uh, US policy says it's their territory.

We don't recognize Taiwan as an independent country.

We would be on shaky legal ground if we got in the middle of that fight.

I doubt they will because the lack the capability for a mass amphibious invasion of that scale (more impressive than D-Day with no element of suprirse).

Of course, Taiwan has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world, they can just wait them out.

Japan and America will defend Taiwan. When they do, you are going to have to decide who you support.

You seem to have some logical, though jaded view. I will grant you some points for clarity.

However, you have not explained why Harris is a better option than Trump. Again, list the policies to explain why.

Harris is not a better option than Trump and Trump is not a better option than Harris.

When the two choices both suck, there is not a better choice

Oh, quite the contrary, if you can't see why Trump is a far worse choice, I'm not sure there is much that can be done for you.

Yeah, the Trumpers say the exact same thing....two sides, one coin

Forum List

Back