Time For Voter ID with Firearm Endorsements

Righties don't want any regulations to buy guns but want super specific voter id for voting .

Hmmmm
It's only our most sacred duty as a citizen - and I think it reaches or exceeds the bar set in getting a library card. lol
Voting is a fundamental right entitled to Constitutional protections, immune from attack by the states, including unwarranted voting ID laws.

In order for government to place requirements, limits, and restrictions on fundamental rights such as voting, there must be ample objective, documented evidence in support of those requirements, limits, and restrictions; and absent such evidence, the requirements, limits, and restrictions are invalid, just as voter ID laws are invalid:

‘A 2016 working paper concluded that the upper limit on double voting in the 2012 election was 0.02%. The paper noted that the incident rate was likely much lower, given audits conducted by the researchers showed that “many, if not all, of these apparent double votes could be a result of measurement error.”’

ibid

So we don’t need have to pay Federal income taxes?

That means Obama’s Mandate was illegal right?

That means SCOTUS is Corrupt.

Which is it?

Motor Voter Registrations could actually be used to fight illegal immigration instead of enable it this way.

The States are who would run this, so The Federal Government would be telling the states to run this program, and this could be tied in to a National DB.

With all The Russia Hysteria over a Nothing Burger and Clinton Butt Hurt over losing, it’s time to give The Left exactly what they have been asking for.

Voter ID

Simply pass a Federal Law that mandates States indicate Citizenship on State IDs indicating that you are a Legally Registered Voter.

Include Legal Immigration Status as well.

Include this on College IDs, and Driver’s Licenses.

This law will nclude whether or not this person has a legal right to carry a firearm, has concealed carry or other endorsements associated with firearms as an endorsement on the ID.

Boom, there it is. Do it yesterday. Kill 3 birds with one stone. End Voter Fraud, End Illegal Immigration, and keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldn’t have them.

The answer is right there in technology. Easy fix for many issues!
Such is the ignorance common to most conservatives.

Elections are the sole purview of the states, the states alone determine the qualifications for voting, not the Federal government.
That makes perfect sense, CA for instance, can have documented illegals voting and the Feds have no other choice but to throw up their hands and bow down to 'Moonbeam Brown'. It's not like one state could effect the results of a National election or anything.
At least conservatives are consistent at being ignorant and wrong.

The Federal government can’t compel the states to enforce Federal law (Printz v. US (1997)).

Righties don't want any regulations to buy guns but want super specific voter id for voting .

Hmmmm
It's only our most sacred duty as a citizen - and I think it reaches or exceeds the bar set in getting a library card. lol
Voting is a fundamental right entitled to Constitutional protections, immune from attack by the states, including unwarranted voting ID laws.

In order for government to place requirements, limits, and restrictions on fundamental rights such as voting, there must be ample objective, documented evidence in support of those requirements, limits, and restrictions; and absent such evidence, the requirements, limits, and restrictions are invalid, just as voter ID laws are invalid:

‘A 2016 working paper concluded that the upper limit on double voting in the 2012 election was 0.02%. The paper noted that the incident rate was likely much lower, given audits conducted by the researchers showed that “many, if not all, of these apparent double votes could be a result of measurement error.”’

ibid
Your pedanticism is impressive. I'll cut to the chase, 0.02% doesn't work for me - nor does the contrived rational seeking to explain such anomalies.

Every Democracy in the world has Voter ID, and so do many states.

We are talking about creating consistent Federal Standards to guarantee the sanctity of each citizen’s vote.

With all The Russia Hysteria over a Nothing Burger and Clinton Butt Hurt over losing, it’s time to give The Left exactly what they have been asking for.

Voter ID

Simply pass a Federal Law that mandates States indicate Citizenship on State IDs indicating that you are a Legally Registered Voter.

Include Legal Immigration Status as well.

Include this on College IDs, and Driver’s Licenses.

This law will nclude whether or not this person has a legal right to carry a firearm, has concealed carry or other endorsements associated with firearms as an endorsement on the ID.

Boom, there it is. Do it yesterday. Kill 3 birds with one stone. End Voter Fraud, End Illegal Immigration, and keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldn’t have them.

The answer is right there in technology. Easy fix for many issues!

Na, never happen. To easy .

Hmmmm

Do you know what regulations exist now? I mean those that exist today, and if you answer none, you are wrong.

Any American citizen who has been educated in a US school including HS Civics in it curriculum would have covered the US Constitution as amended. The student would know that to do what you propose would been Unconstitutional and would be assured that any PROPER installed Congress considering a bill to do as you foolishly suggest would never let any action get beyond it first reading and its author made a laughing stock!

Such a proposed statute would violate Amendment X on its face for just a SINGLE issue to make it moot! The Congress establishing law removing a good degree of the sovereignty of the several States ceded by the National Government to them would clearly be violative of that Great Contract! Edify thyself, foolish one!

Last edited:
Every Democracy in the world has Voter ID, and so do many states.

We are talking about creating consistent Federal Standards to guarantee the sanctity of each citizen’s vote.

EVERY state hasID requirements!

These gop voter ID laws are really voter suppression by being very specific on what IDS will be allowed . For example : 80 year old lady is refused her vote because her drivers License is expired . Why? It still is a state picture ID. She just doesn’t drive anymore . That’s what these ID laws are designed for . Supression .

Voter fraud is not an issue . Unlike illegal guns . Yet cons want to ignore the gun issue.

While I think the OP has an interesting concept in mind, I think the specifics of the program need to be put together slightly differently.....

I'm in favor of the single ID, a Federal ID, to be issued at the State level. This ID would serve as a Photo ID, Driver's License, Voter Registration Card and a de facto Firearms Card, in this manner.....

Being a positive photo ID would require that the ID be issued at age 16 for a cost of $25 (ID only) or $50 as a driver's license. This ID would be valid until the holder's 18th birthday. Individuals would have to prove US Citizenship and current residency to be issued a card. Individuals who originally got an ID only, would only have to pay the $25 difference if they were to get a driver's license prior to their 18th birthday. The ID would be issued at the same size as the current drivers licenses/state ID cards, with a special background and format that indicates the holder is younger than 18 years old.

Within 60 days prior to the holder's 18th birthday the ID would be renewable, for a standard four year ID/License. The new ID card/Driver's License would not be valid until the holder's 18th birthday. Issuance of the new card would require proof of residence, and a NICS check. Assuming all three items were presented and passed, the individual would be registered to vote in the proper district and the ID would be issued, with Endorsements. for Voting and Class I (ammunition and long guns only) Firearms possession. Individuals who failed to provide residency info or who failed either the NICS check would not have those endorsements added to their card.

At age twenty-one the card could be surrendered, and with the passage of a NICS check re-issued with a Class II (all firearms, ammunition, and concealed carry) Firearms endorsement for a cost of $25. The renewal date on the card would not change.

After that point, cards would be renewed every four years, with a new residency and NICS check. Any time an individual changed place of residence, they would be required to get a new card ($25) but the renewal date would not change. If any information were to be entered into the NICS database that made the individual's endorsements invalid, they would be sent a letter requiring them to have a new card issued ($25). Failure to do so within 30 days would be considered a Felony.

I'm sure many of you notice that this system relies on the NICS database extensively. That's true. However, I see the NICS database as something it never has been, but should be - a one-stop, all inclusive Federal Database for recording data on individuals. The NICS system should be updated to include all info that would be applicable from a CORI check and pretty much every other Criminal History record in the country.

Additionally, every licensed mental health professional in the country should be required to IMMEDIATELY provide data on individuals whom they believe are a danger to themselves or others to the system. Those individuals would receive a letter notifying them of a temporary suspension of their Firearms Endorsement and a hearing date where they may dispute this suspension before a three arbirot panel if they feel it is unwarranted. .

While I think the OP has an interesting concept in mind, I think the specifics of the program need to be put together slightly differently.....

I'm in favor of the single ID, a Federal ID, to be issued at the State level. This ID would serve as a Photo ID, Driver's License, Voter Registration Card and a de facto Firearms Card, in this manner.....

Being a positive photo ID would require that the ID be issued at age 16 for a cost of $25 (ID only) or $50 as a driver's license. This ID would be valid until the holder's 18th birthday. Individuals would have to prove US Citizenship and current residency to be issued a card. Individuals who originally got an ID only, would only have to pay the $25 difference if they were to get a driver's license prior to their 18th birthday. The ID would be issued at the same size as the current drivers licenses/state ID cards, with a special background and format that indicates the holder is younger than 18 years old.

Within 60 days prior to the holder's 18th birthday the ID would be renewable, for a standard four year ID/License. The new ID card/Driver's License would not be valid until the holder's 18th birthday. Issuance of the new card would require proof of residence, and a NICS check. Assuming all three items were presented and passed, the individual would be registered to vote in the proper district and the ID would be issued, with Endorsements. for Voting and Class I (ammunition and long guns only) Firearms possession. Individuals who failed to provide residency info or who failed either the NICS check would not have those endorsements added to their card.

At age twenty-one the card could be surrendered, and with the passage of a NICS check re-issued with a Class II (all firearms, ammunition, and concealed carry) Firearms endorsement for a cost of $25. The renewal date on the card would not change.

After that point, cards would be renewed every four years, with a new residency and NICS check. Any time an individual changed place of residence, they would be required to get a new card ($25) but the renewal date would not change. If any information were to be entered into the NICS database that made the individual's endorsements invalid, they would be sent a letter requiring them to have a new card issued ($25). Failure to do so within 30 days would be considered a Felony.

I'm sure many of you notice that this system relies on the NICS database extensively. That's true. However, I see the NICS database as something it never has been, but should be - a one-stop, all inclusive Federal Database for recording data on individuals. The NICS system should be updated to include all info that would be applicable from a CORI check and pretty much every other Criminal History record in the country.

Additionally, every licensed mental health professional in the country should be required to IMMEDIATELY provide data on individuals whom they believe are a danger to themselves or others to the system. Those individuals would receive a letter notifying them of a temporary suspension of their Firearms Endorsement and a hearing date where they may dispute this suspension before a three arbirot panel if they feel it is unwarranted. .

It’s not that easy . There are privacy rules that come into play . The government doesn’t juts have one magic computer that knows everything . Do you want the clerk at the RMV looking at your taxes ?

Plus who monitors who’s qualified to have a gun licese , ability to vote, and ability to drive ? Different agencies . One might be state , one might be local .

Logistics aren’t as easy as you think .

Regulations, Laws.

Only honest people follow them.

This is why you must make it hard for criminals to break the law and make the punishment for breaking the law harsh.

Because whether it is owning a gun, buying a gun, being a citizen, being a legal immigran here tomwork or study or a citizen exercising your right to vote, people who believe in the law follow the law regardless of how hard or soft it is.

It’s the criminal element who always seeks to break the law that we need to restrain by the law.

It’s not that easy . There are privacy rules that come into play . The government doesn’t juts have one magic computer that knows everything . Do you want the clerk at the RMV looking at your taxes ?

Plus who monitors who’s qualified to have a gun licese , ability to vote, and ability to drive ? Different agencies . One might be state , one might be local .

It's not as complex as you make it out to be.

No, the clerk at the RMV doesn't need to see my taxes. They just need to see that the system indicates a denial of my Voting or Firearms endorsement because I haven't paid whatever I owe to the IRS.

As for the State vs. Federal issue.... As I said, I believe this should be a Federal ID, issued at the State level. That allows the State to determine who is allowed to drive and the Federal Government to determine who IS NOT allowed to vote or have a firearm (as those are Federal Rights).

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Hmmmm

Who doesn't want a gun to be bought without proof of age? No one

Who wants anyone whether they are a citizen or not to be able to vote? You

Hmmmm

I don’t want illegals voting in elections. That’s not even a problem. My concern is legit voters being turned away.

Hmmmm

Whether you are a US citizen is "super specific?"

BTW, you're required to be a citizen to vote ...

Hmmmm

I don’t want illegals voting in elections. That’s not even a problem. My concern is legit voters being turned away.

Why would a legit voter be turned away? You just made that up

It's not as complex as you make it out to be.

No, the clerk at the RMV doesn't need to see my taxes. They just need to see that the system indicates a denial of my Voting or Firearms endorsement because I haven't paid whatever I owe to the IRS.

As for the State vs. Federal issue.... As I said, I believe this should be a Federal ID, issued at the State level. That allows the State to determine who is allowed to drive and the Federal Government to determine who IS NOT allowed to vote or have a firearm (as those are Federal Rights).

I'm not sure I agree with all the details, but I like the approach to State and Federal responsibilities.

I realize the IRS is already exempt from providing us with our Constitutional rights, but should they have the power to deny more Constitutional rights then they already freely violate themselves?

I'm not sure I agree with all the details, but I like the approach to State and Federal responsibilities.

I realize the IRS is already exempt from providing us with our Constitutional rights, but should they have the power to deny more Constitutional rights then they already freely violate themselves?

Obviously the details would need to be ironed out. Especially the idea of turning the NICS system into a one-stop shopping database that could be used for employment checks, CORI inquiries and Firearms Licensing/Purchasing approvals.

I believe that Rights come with Responsibilities. It you want your Right to Vote/Keep and Bear Arms protected by the Government, then you need to help fund that Government.

Obviously the details would need to be ironed out. Especially the idea of turning the NICS system into a one-stop shopping database that could be used for employment checks, CORI inquiries and Firearms Licensing/Purchasing approvals.

I believe that Rights come with Responsibilities. It you want your Right to Vote/Keep and Bear Arms protected by the Government, then you need to help fund that Government.

You also have the right to due process. That the IRS says you owe them money is not due process. If you mean only if there is a court ordered judgment against you on behalf of the IRS, that's a better argument

Forum List

Back