Time To HAUL ASS Out Of South Korea

I'm not as worried about Seoul as I am a nuke from N. Korea being launched at the US.

Of course, which is why I'm advocating pulling US forces off the Korean Peninsula and then informing Kimchi that if he tests another ICBM we will flatten and irradiate everything in a 10 mile radius around him.
I agree with you on needing to get out of S. Korea, but since S. Korea's people are in danger - and I would not want to act unilaterally and cause the deaths of thousands of South Koreans, I think we should keep close ties with South Korea and work with them to resolve this the best we can.

I agree with you on needing to get out of S. Korea, but since S. Korea's people are in danger - and I would not want to act unilaterally and cause the deaths of thousands of South Koreans, I think we should keep close ties with South Korea and work with them to resolve this the best we can.

And maintain the status quo until he has a missile that will reach us? No thanks. As long as our troops remain there, we can do nothing about him that could trigger an artillery barrage and invasion from the north. We should also tell China and S.Korea if they don't take care of him and quick, they can forget exporting another dime's worth of trade into the US until they do. Once Kim is gone and N.Korea is pacified, there's no need for US forces there.

And maintain the status quo until he has a missile that will reach us?
Not at all. I am just not advocating the start of a major war on the Korean peninsula without remaining in coordination with the South Korean Govt, and not rushing into such a war without careful consideration and planning. By all means this nutball in N. Korea needs to be taken out of power.

And maintain the status quo until he has a missile that will reach us?
Not at all. I am just not advocating the start of a major war on the Korean peninsula without remaining in coordination with the South Korean Govt, and not rushing into such a war without careful consideration and planning. By all means this nutball in N. Korea needs to be taken out of power.

Who's advocating for a war? The whole point is NOT having a war. As for planning, that's what the 7th Fleet has been doing with two carrier groups currently in the Sea of Japan. If the light goes green, they will target Kim's home(s) and other top leaders to behead the government and prevent an order being given to attack the south.

What's stopping us from dropping a big firecracker on the fat little bastard in Pingpongyang? We've got 30K troops within the north's artillery range is what. They've been there since 1953 and we ain't getting a dime from the S.Korean government for their care and feeding. They'd be overrun if Kimchi attacked so they're sitting ducks regardless. But they'd get nuked for doing it and China won't allow it. So the stalemate goes on, the north develops a missile that will hit mainland USA, and China gets trade advantages out of keeping their little dog on a chain. That's been the game. :eusa_doh:

But now there's a different deck being dealt. S. Korea just REFUSED our ability to defend our troops by installing our THAAD missile defense. Yes, Trump asked them for a billion dollars for it....small change compared to what they're making exporting their shitty little cars duty-free into the US. How did this happen? China is terrified of that missile system and assured the south Koreans the north will never attack them. And the S. Koreans backed out of our agreement. Trump's charm-offensive with the Chinese leader didn't work...he tried but hardcore communists don't get charmed. So we have to face the reality that nothing is going to change there until we change it.

Pull our boys off the Korean peninsula ASAP. We redeploy them or bring them home out of harm's way. Now there is nothing keeping us from turning fat boy into a pile of charred pork if he ever tests another ICBM. Am I right? Oh yeah.
117537-98aabc77dde0769fc46fef528a3c535e.jpg
What are you referring to--"S. Korea just REFUSED our ability to defend our troops by installing our THAAD missile defense?"

Who's advocating for a war? The whole point is NOT having a war. As for planning, that's what the 7th Fleet has been doing with two carrier groups currently in the Sea of Japan. If the light goes green, they will target Kim's home(s) and other top leaders to behead the government and prevent an order being given to attack the south.
How do you suppose ending the Korean threat without committing an act of war upon North Korea?

Do you think the United States could, in 1 swift, simultaneous strike take North Korea completely out where they are completely incapable of striking back at South Korea and the US?

Not possible. Not IMO.

That are you referring to--"S. Korea just REFUSED our ability to defend our troops by installing our THAAD missile defense?"
S. Korea sees that move as 'provocation'...a potential for 'escalation'.

How do you suppose ending the Korean threat without committing an act of war upon North Korea?

Do you think the United States could, in 1 swift, simultaneous strike take North Korea completely out where they are completely incapable of striking back at South Korea and the US?

Not possible. Not IMO.

Alright enough of this....I've explained this several times now and it's not getting through to you for some reason.

That are you referring to--"S. Korea just REFUSED our ability to defend our troops by installing our THAAD missile defense?"

I'll answer inquiries to me and again, you're wrong. CHINA convinced S.Korea to refuse further installation of the THAAD system with assurances they wouldn't allow an invasion from the north.

Better solution: Massive conventional bombing of NK followed Iraq style invasion and occupation. No more North and South; just Korea.

I'll answer inquiries to me and again, you're wrong. CHINA convinced S.Korea to refuse further installation of the THAAD system with assurances they wouldn't allow an invasion from the north.
From my understanding, the THAAD system only protects against the Big Boomers, not the conventional range weapons that would hit our troops and Seoul if NK started letting loose. Is that true?
Also, could we put it on a ship instead or install it in Japan? Surely, it could perform at that range?

Better solution: Massive conventional bombing of NK followed Iraq style invasion and occupation. No more North and South; just Korea.

China wouldn't stand for that and they'd come across the Yalu River at us again, same as they did before. What's required here is a one-off beheading of Kim's government and scoot before China can mobilize. They'd raise hell for awhile and then settle down so as not to jeopardize their massive trade surplus with us.

Last edited:
From my understanding, the THAAD system only protects against the Big Boomers, not the conventional range weapons that would hit our troops and Seoul if NK started letting loose. Is that true?
Also, could we put it on a ship instead or install it in Japan? Surely, it could perform at that range?

Correct...the THAAD system knocks down incoming missiles, not artillery, same as the Patriot platform only more sophisticated. Our troops could survive conventional artillery barrages because they have extensive bunker systems. But if the artillery was followed by a massive invasion they'd be screwed. My whole premise here is removing them and thus opening up our options plus saving what it's costing us to protect the newly unappreciative S. Korean government.

Correct...the THAAD system knocks down incoming missiles, not artillery, same as the Patriot platform only more sophisticated. Our troops could survive conventional artillery barrages because they have extensive bunker systems. But if the artillery was followed by a massive invasion they'd be screwed. My whole premise here is removing them and thus opening up our options plus saving what it's costing us to protect the newly unappreciative S. Korean government.
It just seems to me that after being there for 60+ years, to pull out now when the area is as hot and at risk as it has ever been would be really cowardly. It is their country, Tom, and although they had the temerity to question the decision of the U.S. military, we should not "punish" them. We should respect their wishes. It's primarily their half million people on the line, not ours.

It just seems to me that after being there for 60+ years, to pull out now when the area is as hot and at risk as it has ever been would be really cowardly. It is their country, Tom, and although they had the temerity to question the decision of the U.S. military, we should not "punish" them. We should respect their wishes. It's primarily their half million people on the line, not ours.

If we do nothing Kim will build an ICBM with a nuclear warhead....imagine that hitting Los Angeles and tell me who's lives are on the line.

Don't kid yourselves . The Dmz would be a speed bump if NK wanted to invade . It's more symbolic/ political than anything .

Now, let's talk about the number of North Korean troops that would automatically surrender and ask for political asylum in South Korea, because they are starving to death while serving in the military of an idiot who thinks he is a god. North Korea is using old ass military equipment while South Korea has some of the latest and greatest U.S. built stuff. One on one, South Korea would more than likely beat North Korea without the U.S.
The thing is, the NK troops still think they are starving because the U.S. is bombing their grain shipments.

They are damn near as brainwashed as people who vote Democrat.

Last edited:

China wouldn't stand for that and they'd come across the Yalu River at us again, same as they did before. What's required here is a one-off beheading of Kim's government and scoot before China can mobilize. They'd raise hell for awhile and then settle down so as not to jeopardize their massive trade surplus with us.

"China wouldn't stand for that and they'd come across the Yalu River at us again, same as they did before."

And then we promptly kicked their ass. You may have forgotten but you can bet China hasn't. Our (hugh) mistake was not kicking their ass all the way back to their border. We simply wimped out Worse we later fell for the exact same bluff and abandoned our allies in S. Vietnam. And cemented our reputation in the world as a "paper tiger" who could not be trusted by our allies. Our military never fails to accomplish the mission they are given in an outstanding manner. Unfortunately we have politicians determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Your suggestion is just one more version of that. There is no shortage of China's puppets in Asia.

And maintain the status quo until he has a missile that will reach us? No thanks. As long as our troops remain there, we can do nothing about him that could trigger an artillery barrage and invasion from the north. We should also tell China and S.Korea if they don't take care of him and quick, they can forget exporting another dime's worth of trade into the US until they do. Once Kim is gone and N.Korea is pacified, there's no need for US forces there.

I said this many times....the Chinese LOVE money and are very greedy. Cut out the imports and they will run out of cat and dog quick....we rule this planet regardless of what liberals think.

Forum List

Back