Tina Turner Says Goodbye

That's the problem with bucket lists.

You don't do what's on that list.

I have no use for bucket lists.

Live your life to the fullest. Don't just exist.

If you do that, you will never need a bucket list.

Yes Bumbershoot is still happening. I started going to it and photographing it in the early 80s.

Don't just make a list.

Live your life.

Bumbershoot hopefully will happen this year. It happens every Labor Day.

Well said! I don't actually HAVE a list - Just stuff that rattles around in my brain that I need to do in the next 15 years or so while I'm still able to enjoy. Europe is one of those rattlers. I have a cousin with a home outside of Paris and another in Netherlands. Have an open invitation. As soon as I get my second Moderna shot it may be time. Not sure if we're still unwelcome there however. ;)

Thank you.

Take that stuff out of your brain, dust them off and go do them.

Let me know when you do Bumbershoot. I'll meet you there one of the three days on Labor Day Weekend.

I'm leaving to drive the full length of Route 66 next week.

Something the pandemic put off but I'm fully vaccinated now and am free to travel again.

I'll get to Europe next year.

Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most under rated and under acknowledged guitar players in Rock and Roll.

Very few can hold a candle to him.

He is truly blessed with a gift and he's a genius with it.

Fun fact, the shots I took of Lindsey that day in 1993, were used in the VH1 documentary show Behind The Music of Lindsey Buckingham.

I have worked with Lindsey Buckingham many times. Both with Fleetwood Mac and alone.

Here are a couple shots Lindsey from that 1993 Turner Show he opened.

I guess he and Stevie had quite the torrid relationship. Nice to see them remain friends -
They were a vocal meld extraordinaire!

Yes Bumbershoot is still happening. I started going to it and photographing it in the early 80s.

Don't just make a list.

Live your life.

Well said! I don't actually HAVE a list - Just stuff that rattles around in my brain that I need to do in the next 15 years or so while I'm still able to enjoy. Europe is one of those rattlers. I have a cousin with a home outside of Paris and another in Netherlands. Have an open invitation. As soon as I get my second Moderna shot it may be time. Not sure if we're still unwelcome there however. ;)

GO! JUST GO DO IT! I hope that you get there and you experience magic.:)

I want to go to the Glastonbury Festival really badly. Right now, though, the prospect of hurtling through the night somewhere over Greenland in a metal tube with 200ish of my closest friends is a bit off-putting.

Don't just make a list.

Live your life.

I want to go to the Glastonbury Festival really badly. Right now, though, the prospect of hurtling through the night somewhere over Greenland in a metal tube with 200ish of my closest friends is a bit off-putting.

Oh just HURTLE!! ;)
PS: I can count "true friends" on four hands.
If you have 200 truly close friends - You've lived a VERY great life!

Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most under rated and under acknowledged guitar players in Rock and Roll.

Very few can hold a candle to him.

He is truly blessed with a gift and he's a genius with it.

Fun fact, the shots I took of Lindsey that day in 1993, were used in the VH1 documentary show Behind The Music of Lindsey Buckingham.

I have worked with Lindsey Buckingham many times. Both with Fleetwood Mac and alone.

Here are a couple shots Lindsey from that 1993 Turner Show he opened.

I guess he and Stevie had quite the torrid relationship. Nice to see them remain friends -
They were a vocal meld extraordinaire!

They had a very long relationship.

What ended it and him being in the band for along time was Stevie was having an affair with Mick Fleetwood, the drummer.

Lindsey just couldn't take seeing it on stage so in the middle of a concert in the early 80s he just walked off stage. Not to return with the band until Bill Clinton got them together in 1993 to perform Clinton's campaign song.

Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow.

The rest is history.

Tina Turner says he final goodbye to America and her fans in an HBO documentary about her life.

Tina Turner is the sweetest and classiest lady in Rock and Roll. What a total joy to work with. So professional but very sweet at the same time.

She puts on a show that is totally electric as in the energy she puts out on stage is electric. Her back up singers, the twins, Karen and Sharon, basically do a high impact aerobic workout in dancing the whole time on stage while singing.

So does Tina. Only she's singing all the way through that workout and dancing.

I hope to see this documentary. I'm sure it will be moving and filled with wonderful music.

I have been honored to have worked with her a few times. In fact, one of the times I worked with her she wore the dress in the first photo in this article.

I worked with her in the 90s so all my shots of her are on film. I did digitize some of them, not all.

Here's one of my shots of her in that dress in the article:

View attachment 473028

Here she is from other shows I worked with her:

View attachment 473029View attachment 473030
Why is she saying goodbye to America for?
She renounced her US citizenship and moved to Sweden
Good Bye ad Good riddance

Tina Turner says he final goodbye to America and her fans in an HBO documentary about her life.

Tina Turner is the sweetest and classiest lady in Rock and Roll. What a total joy to work with. So professional but very sweet at the same time.

She puts on a show that is totally electric as in the energy she puts out on stage is electric. Her back up singers, the twins, Karen and Sharon, basically do a high impact aerobic workout in dancing the whole time on stage while singing.

I hope to see this documentary. I'm sure it will be moving and filled with wonderful music.

I have been honored to have worked with her a few times. In fact, one of the times I worked with her she wore the dress in the first photo in this article.

I worked with her in the 90s so all my shots of her are on film. I did digitize some of them, not all.

View attachment 473028

Awwwww C'mon. No pooping area in Music.

View attachment 473028

Some asked and I told what I knew... She moved to Sweden
and in my opinion she is not rock and roll.

View attachment 473028

Now that's a lot better..............lolol

View attachment 473028

She moved to Switzerland. She has Swiss citizenship.

View attachment 473028

She moved to Switzerland. She has Swiss citizenship.
Smaaaarrttt................You don't get soaked in taxes over there.

Don't just make a list.

Live your life.

Oh just HURTLE!! ;)
PS: I can count "true friends" on four hands.
If you have 200 truly close friends - You've lived a VERY great life!

I think I just invented a new dance. You sit down and hold your arms tightly by your sides and kick out. If you can kick the seat in front of you while simultaneously elbowing the person next to you, you have reached a more advanced level of proficiency. I wish I had 200 truly close friends. But I have enough. Do the HURTLE, better than a mosh pit!!:cool:

(why am I hearing disco music all of a sudden? Must be something I ate)

She seemed to have a very successful and happy 2nd phase of life. I knew she was married and in Switzerland for a long time. 1969
tina3.jpg

View attachment 473028

She is sick. Can no longer perform.

View attachment 473028

She is sick. Can no longer perform.
Well welcome to the party.

Forum List

Back