Tina Turner Says Goodbye

I think I just invented a new dance. You sit down and hold your arms tightly by your sides and kick out. If you can kick the seat in front of you while simultaneously elbowing the person next to you, you have reached a more advanced level of proficiency. I wish I had 200 truly close friends. But I have enough. Do the HURTLE, better than a mosh pit!!:cool:

(why am I hearing disco music all of a sudden? Must be something I ate)

Do the Hurtle - DO IT!! :D

Tina Turner is the queen of rock n roll.
She has nothing to do with rock
You are a blithering idiot.

To some, if it ain't Stryker, Winger or Neckbeard Deathcamp - It ain't rock :)

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought she had retired to France a long time ago. I have a few of her CD's' great vocalist, and her stuff after Ike was a lot better as well. She has a great ear for her own voice and what to do with it.

Buckingham developed a distinct sound, but it was Stevie Nicks that made Fleetwood Mack a going concern, and her songwriting is clearly superior. He was pretty competent as a producer, but not great.

Last edited:
She moved to Switzerland in the mid-90s, though she toured until about 2010. (The performance I posted is from Arnhem in 2009.)

I'm an old curmudgeon and have followed her since it was Ike and Tina Turner. I was blessed to have been able to attend a number of her concerts over the years, the last one I saw was some years back in Tampa, Florida. I get chills just thinking about her and her shows.

I sometimes felt sorry for her band, backup singers, and especially the dancers. Although it must have been quite an addition to a dancer's resume to have Tina Turner listed as one of your gigs. She is an extraordinary person. My God Bless her and keep her comfortable and happy.

Tina Turner says he final goodbye to America and her fans in an HBO documentary about her life.

Tina Turner is the sweetest and classiest lady in Rock and Roll. What a total joy to work with. So professional but very sweet at the same time.

She puts on a show that is totally electric as in the energy she puts out on stage is electric. Her back up singers, the twins, Karen and Sharon, basically do a high impact aerobic workout in dancing the whole time on stage while singing.

So does Tina. Only she's singing all the way through that workout and dancing.

I hope to see this documentary. I'm sure it will be moving and filled with wonderful music.

I have been honored to have worked with her a few times. In fact, one of the times I worked with her she wore the dress in the first photo in this article.

I worked with her in the 90s so all my shots of her are on film. I did digitize some of them, not all.

Here's one of my shots of her in that dress in the article:

View attachment 473028

Here she is from other shows I worked with her:

View attachment 473029View attachment 473030
Why is she saying goodbye to America for?
Maybe she is dealing with health issues of some kind unworthy of disclosure. Unless she fessed up on Oprah , we may never know why this leading lady decided to just up and leave. She deserves privacy if she wants it.

Tina Turner says he final goodbye to America and her fans in an HBO documentary about her life.

Tina Turner is the sweetest and classiest lady in Rock and Roll. What a total joy to work with. So professional but very sweet at the same time.

She puts on a show that is totally electric as in the energy she puts out on stage is electric. Her back up singers, the twins, Karen and Sharon, basically do a high impact aerobic workout in dancing the whole time on stage while singing.

I hope to see this documentary. I'm sure it will be moving and filled with wonderful music.

I have been honored to have worked with her a few times. In fact, one of the times I worked with her she wore the dress in the first photo in this article.

I worked with her in the 90s so all my shots of her are on film. I did digitize some of them, not all.

View attachment 473028

Maybe she is dealing with health issues of some kind unworthy of disclosure. Unless she fessed up on Oprah , we may never know why this leading lady decided to just up and leave. She deserves privacy if she wants it.
I didn't know she had those issues. Seems most of these stars leave cursing America. The same country that gave them that life....................LOLOL

View attachment 473028

I didn't know she had those issues. Seems most of these stars leave cursing America. The same country that gave them that life....................LOLOL
Hollywood folk have helped Demmies run conservatives out of their state that didn't see widespread open sewers coming to the metropolitan areas of San Fran and LA not to mention a murder rate that doubled overnight , a floodtide of human trafficking and deadly narcotics at their southern border overnight, and waning tourist industry with all that mayhem that followed losing the best of good citizens who decided anywhere else was a better place to raise rational children than in Communist CA.

I can't tell in that video but here are the twins, Karen and Sharon.

From the tour I photographed in 1993. Lindsey Buckingham opened the show.

Yes she's wearing that dress in the first shot in the article.

Ahh Lindsey Buckingham. He could really make that guitar sing. Out of the Cradle another favorite album!

Lindsey Buckingham is one of the most under rated and under acknowledged guitar players in Rock and Roll.

Very few can hold a candle to him.

He is truly blessed with a gift and he's a genius with it.

Fun fact, the shots I took of Lindsey that day in 1993, were used in the VH1 documentary show Behind The Music of Lindsey Buckingham.

I have worked with Lindsey Buckingham many times. Both with Fleetwood Mac and alone.

Here are a couple shots Lindsey from that 1993 Turner Show he opened.

View attachment 473088View attachment 473089

yep .....he is the 3rd best guitarist the group has had....

View attachment 473028

Thanks for the fine pics. Tina WILL be missed. She's definitely an icon, just a great singer and performer.

View attachment 473028

Being 81 years old and of Ill heath is the reason.
Lol. Yeah that too. I see because her boyfriend of decades lives there and she is bigger there than here in her opinion.

Great career.
Yeah, she says goodbye to America about every other year. She said goodbye when she moved to France. Then she said goodbye when she retired a couple years ago--I guess she needs some more money, so she's saying goodbye again. Adios.

Forum List

Back