Tne democratic partys new symbol

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A more true article has not been written....

202910_5_.png

Democrats Have a New Party Symbol: The Boomerang
By Brian C. Joondeph
History has a way of coming full circle. When Democrat Andrew Jackson ran for president in 1828, he was called a jackass for his populist views. Today’s populist is a Republican. Yet the jackass, or donkey, has remained associated with the Democrats, and appropriately so. For confirmation, just watch Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Adam Schiff or any of the other braying Democrats.

If Democrats are tired of being associated with a jackass, I have a suggestion as a new party symbol. As an aside, if anyone feels triggered by my use of the word jackass, “The words ‘donkey’ and 'ass' are used interchangeably to speak of the same species of animal.”

My suggestion is a boomerang, a hunting weapon of indigenous Australians. Designed to be thrown and returned to the thrower. Democrats are learning to throw the boomerang as well as any Aboriginal hunter in the Outback....

Democrats Have a New Party Symbol: The Boomerang

Jackson wasn't a "Democrat" in 1828. The party didn't exist yet. His supporters were simply called, in a rare burst of creativity, "Jacksonians". His detractors had an equally creative name: "anti-Jacksonians". Neither of them was an organized political party.

His successor Martin van Buren would organize them into a formal party organization, which first used the name "Democratic Party" six years later in 1834. The anti-Jacksonians eventually organized into the Whigs.

Exactly when the idea of editors fact-checking articles went out the window I'm not sure but it's definitely in the past. But considering the known history referenced just above, I'd have to say a great many more true articles have been written. Especially since this is an opinion piece.

Only other thing to add is that we capitalize proper names in English; "Democratic" referring to the party is a proper adjective; 'democratic' is a common adjective referring to the traits of democracy.

Hope this helps :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
There was a Dem who was on the floor with some cheesy chart that looked like it was made by a grade school class, and he so bravely screamed that "this tax cut will put the tab on the next generation".

I dont know how old he is, but I imagine he was around the last 8 years where Obama dropped $10TRILLION on the debt, and not a peep came from these same Dems.

This is about angry Cali and New York donors who have to now speak from one side of their mouth rather than two. It's so easy to support Sanctuary Cities, big boondoggles and vast government social programs when the rest of the country is in effect paying for it when you transfer your taxes to them.

Now, whatever you want in your state, you pay for yourself. Let's see if they change their position on assisting ICE now...

Last edited:
Exactly when the idea of editors fact-checking articles went out the window I'm not sure but it's definitely in the past.
can't say for sure, but I do know "editor" fact checking during "Watergate" was a samantical endeavor...Ben Bradley was getting so much heat from other news outlets [both print and electronic] that he only used it in situations that it could be claimed he did it when necessary and did not when he needed wiggle room, if it happened prior to this I am unaware.

• Banned
Jackson wasn't a "Democrat" in 1828. The party didn't exist yet. His supporters were simply called, in a rare burst of creativity, "Jacksonians". His detractors had an equally creative name: "anti-Jacksonians". Neither of them was an organized political party.

His successor Martin van Buren would organize them into a formal party organization, which first used the name "Democratic Party" six years later in 1834. The anti-Jacksonians eventually organized into the Whigs.

Exactly when the idea of editors fact-checking articles went out the window I'm not sure but it's definitely in the past. But considering the known history referenced just above, I'd have to say a great many more true articles have been written. Especially since this is an opinion piece.

Only other thing to add is that we capitalize proper names in English; "Democratic" referring to the party is a proper adjective; 'democratic' is a common adjective referring to the traits of democracy.

Hope this helps :eusa_angel:
Sure he was a dem. The article says so.

Exactly when the idea of editors fact-checking articles went out the window I'm not sure but it's definitely in the past.
can't say for sure, but I do know "editor" fact checking during "Watergate" was a samantical endeavor...Ben Bradley was getting so much heat from other news outlets [both print and electronic] that he only used it in situations that it could be claimed he did it when necessary and did not when he needed wiggle room, if it happened prior to this I am unaware.

Quite the leap, from early 19th century US history to "Watergate". For what point I can't tell. Obviously I was referring to the OP article's sloppy homework.

Forum List

Back