To all you pro oil folks out there.

Are they laying off blue collar labor now, with record high profits?

No, not now. Back in late 2020. My son was part of the first groups to get the axe. He's a pipeliner.
Any examples in the past when they laid off workers while making record amounts?

They do it at the start of every bust cycle.
Or were all the past layoffs when they were losing money?

Oil companies never lose money. They just don't make as much. In 2020, their yearly NET profits were over $4 billion. In just the 1st quarter of this year, it's over $100 billion net profit.

Are you really this ignorant about the topic or just plain desperate?

LMAO.. You're taking the word of politicians as fact? Shall I post a few of Trumps lies? Like who's going to pay for the wall or "lock her up?"

If Biden wanted to destroy the US oil industry, he would've banned ALL drilling on ALL federal lands. But he didn't. Not even close. Over 3000 drilling permits issued in his first year, that mostly went unused by the oil industry.

Note the bold and reply to that while staying on topic. Address this issue, without moving the goal post.

No, not now. Back in late 2020. My son was part of the first groups to get the axe. He's a pipeliner.

Oil companies never lose money. They just don't make as much. In 2020, their yearly NET profits were over $4 billion. In just the 1st quarter of this year, it's over $100 billion net profit.

Right. Except you're claiming current high prices are the bust cycle.

Oil companies never lose money.

Never? Never ever? LOL!

In 2020, their yearly NET profits were over $4 billion.

Net profits? What do you mean?

The profits of the oil companies is so enormous that, despite being pointed out repeatedly here, people don't seem to believe it.

LMAO.. You're taking the word of politicians as fact? Shall I post a few of Trumps lies? Like who's going to pay for the wall or "lock her up?"

If Biden wanted to destroy the US oil industry, he would've banned ALL drilling on ALL federal lands. But he didn't. Not even close. Over 3000 drilling permits issued in his first year, that mostly went unused by the oil industry.

Note the bold and reply to that while staying on topic. Address this issue, without moving the goal post.
/-----/ No one ever accused Bloomberg of being a right-wing news org.
The Biden administration has repeatedly pointed to the number of approved but untapped drilling permits on federal land when questioned about how U.S. production can rise, and what the federal government can do to help.

“There’s a fundamental misunderstanding of the administration as to how the process actually works,” Sommers said in an interview on the sidelines of the conference.

“Just because you have a lease doesn’t mean there’s actually oil and gas in that lease, and there has to be a lot of development that occurs between the leasing and then ultimately permitting for that acreage to be productive,” he said. “I think that they’re purposefully misusing the facts here to advantage their position.”

Yall need to stop complaining about Biden and what you think he's done to increased gas prices. Biden is doing the oil companies a favor. Record profits with little overhead.
So if you're going to continue to be pro big oil, yall need to stop complaining about the price. It's a free market economy, and if the oil companies get to make $100 billion just in the 1st quarter, then you should all be proud. In fact, I'd advise you all to buy extra gas cans and fill them all up. Buy it and give it away to those who can't afford it.

You know, just to show your support for big oil.
Maybe check into the hows and whys 5 US oil refineries closed.
Biden can import all the oil on the planet, if you can't turn it into gas.......LOL

Saying that economic laws are not in play is like saying the law of gravity has been suspended.

You have reached an unrivaled level of idiocy, even for this forum.

Nobody said economic laws weren't in place, dumbass; you just don't know squat about which ones they are when it comes to the oil business.

Nobody said economic laws weren't in place, dumbass; you just don't know squat about which ones they are when it comes to the oil business.
Wrong. You just did. You just claimed that the laws of supply and demand don't determine the price of oil.

"Says an ignoramus who denies the obvious fact those 'laws' aren't in play in the oil business at the consumer level."

Wrong. You just did. You just claimed that the laws of supply and demand don't determine the price of oil.

"Says an ignoramus who denies the obvious fact those 'laws' aren't in play in the oil business at the consumer level."

Those aren't the only economic laws, as most educated people know.

Right. Except you're claiming current high prices are the bust cycle.

Oil companies never lose money.

Never? Never ever? LOL!

In 2020, their yearly NET profits were over $4 billion.

Net profits? What do you mean?
What does the term "net profits" mean?

"Go look up the evidence that supports my claim" is the demand of a dumbass. You prove your claims. Don't ask me to do it. For now we'll just assume you're a lying idiot.

We can assume you're just an idiot, since you don't even know the basics about it, you just parrot some inane ideological rubbish and aren't really interested in the actual facts, For now we can note for a fact you're just a parrot.

Forum List

Back