To Kill A Kid

With all due respect (and you are due none)...yeah, I do.

I know she's a liar, and the prosecutors lied as well.

I don't know why she would lie about her age. That seems ridiculous. I think they lied about her age...or just didn't ask and made something up. Because they didn't want anyone else talking to her, because they already knew that she wasn't going to help their case.

I think she's a druggie.

A prosecution team or its investigators would have a lot more to lose for lying than she would. I cant rationalize anyone lying about their age or someone else lying about someones age...what gives?

What gives is they didn't want her interviewed, because they know anyone who talks to her is going to know that Martin is a thug, and she's a liar.

Which, in the case of special prosecutors and sech, is strong, strong motivation.

Yeah, I get that....but lying to a judge about someones age?...a prosecutor?...they have a lot to lose to lie about something that will quickly be found out...makes no sense to lie about it...shes a witness...they are going to find out...if they find out you lied about it then you are in huge trouble. I dont see it as a possibility, unless they hold no regard for their job. This is not a lie they would get away with or could even hope to get away with.

The prosecutor's office told the reporters that she was 16 years old, and therefore her name was confidential.

That's not the sort of dumb mistake state prosecutors generally make. They run background checks on their witnesses to see if they're in the system.

Meanwhile:

"
This puts in a bind those who have vested their beliefs in this case on this young woman's account of the phone call and on discrepancies in accounts of the shooting given by defendant George Zimmerman. It's on her version of events that the "Zimmerman was stalking a frightened Martin" narrative rests, and the exposure of this very odd lie in a sworn statement suggests she won't do very well on the witness stand. "

Change of Subject: Trayvon Martin's girlfriend's credibility is crumbling

And I suspect that she knew exactly what Trayvon was up to that night, and that is why she lied about their conversation, and her location, and that is why the prosecution wants her hidden from view.

I have a strong feeling that, no matter how much coaching she gets, the defense will take her testimony apart. The problem with lying is that you have to remember EVERYTHING you say.

And I suspect that she knew exactly what Trayvon was up to that night, and that is why she lied about their conversation, and her location, and that is why the prosecution wants her hidden from view.

I have a strong feeling that, no matter how much coaching she gets, the defense will take her testimony apart. The problem with lying is that you have to remember EVERYTHING you say.

There's also the whole...why did she lie about where she was during Trayvon's funeral? What's up with that?

It comes across as drug-addled nonsense, which I suspect it is.

They didn't lie to the judge. They lied to reporters.

Sorry...I shoudnt have said judge. But it is the judge that could ultimately hold them responsible for lying to the media about a witnesses age....not worth it, imo.

No, the judge doesn't give a rat's ass if they lie to the media. It's not a crime to lie to the media, as far as I know. They aren't a part of the court system.

There's nothing legally wrong with prosecutors lying to the media. Their motive is the funky part. They didn't want her identified because the truth didn't fit the narrative.

What the judge WILL get upset with is failure to disclose. If the defense is hiding discoverable evidence from the defense, they could be in a lot of hurt.

And I think that's really close to what is going on with the whole girlfriend thing. Now you see her, now you don't. She has revealed to them something that makes them not want the defense or the public talking to her.

Last edited:
There is a conflicting account of what happened.

TM's girlfriend was on the phone when TM and GZ made contact.

Her story (under oath), is the opposite of what GZ says.

She says that GZ approached TM, asked what he was doing, and then she heard a bump (contact), and then the phone went dead.

Now, why haven't any of you explained your position from HER testimony as opposed to GZ's perspective?

Thanks.

The prosecutors said that her story is a lie.

Want to try again, or are you going to keep living in a world that has no basis in reality?

She says that GZ approached TM, asked what he was doing, and then she heard a bump (contact), and then the phone went dead.

Now, why haven't any of you explained your position from HER testimony as opposed to GZ's perspective?

Thanks.
I'll explain my position in 1 hour and 5 minutes, OK Aaron?

Thanks.

You crack me up, Ernie. Remind me to never make you mad at me. :tongue:

They didn't lie to the judge. They lied to reporters.

Sorry...I shoudnt have said judge. But it is the judge that could ultimately hold them responsible for lying to the media about a witnesses age....not worth it, imo.

No, the judge doesn't give a rat's ass if they lie to the media. It's not a crime to lie to the media, as far as I know. They aren't a part of the court system.

Well I dont know what is technically legal, but it seems unethical for a person of the court to lie or deceive anyone...especially to the media on a national news story.

Thanks.

You crack me up, Ernie. Remind me to never make you mad at me. :tongue:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic]Evil Laugh - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, so everyone thinks the girl was telling a lie about why she missed TM's funeral?

Therefore, you think nothing she says is credible?

Well, GZ lied under oath to a judge in a murder case!!

Why aren't y'all looking at him as a liar, dishonest, etc?

Thanks.

Ok, so everyone thinks the girl was telling a lie about why she missed TM's funeral?

Therefore, you think nothing she says is credible?

Well, GZ lied under oath to a judge in a murder case!!

Why aren't y'all looking at him as a liar, dishonest, etc?

Thanks.

link?

Oh! You mean about his finances so he could get out of jail on bond?

Last edited:

Well I dont know what is technically legal, but it seems unethical for a person of the court to lie or deceive anyone...especially to the media on a national news story.

Lol..you haven't spent much time with lawyers, I see. It's not unethical to lie to the press..or at least, it isn't NECESSARILY unethical. The press has no standing in a court of law.

But I did think it was the prosecutor that gave the incorrect age...

Last edited:
We are all familiar with The Zimmerman Case. Yet often, I think we forget that a kid was killed. A kid doing nothing wrong. Now, NORMALLY in America, this would be a cause for outrage! Lynch mobs have been formed for less!

But for some reason, there is unprecedented support for GZ's killing of an unarmed kid doing nothing wrong.

Why is that?

Let's look at this subtle treachery on behalf of the Justice Department of Florida...

1. Florida charged Zimmerman with Murder2. Ok, Florida already knew they had a law called "Stand Your Ground". In SYG, a person may kill you if you feel they are threatening your life. So WHY charge GZ with something that YOU ALREADY KNOW is going to tough as hell to prosecute? When you also ALREADY KNOW that the kid was innocent, and was killed by an adult who was asked not to engage the KID!

Why not MAKE SURE the killer doesn't slip through your slippery state laws, and charge him with something YOU KNOW you can convict him on?

Let's look at this odd phenomenon called The Sanford Police Department...

WELL IN ZIMMERMANS defense, martin was black.

Forum List

Back