To Pay For Israeli Aid, GOP Wants To Make It More Expensive For You To File Your Taxes

Republicans are looking at defunding a free digital tax filing system that's under development by the IRS to instead help pay for weapons for Israel.
Their billionaire buddies will never use it so they see no need for it.

Their billionaire buddies will never use it so they see no need for it.
There are already free versions of tax prep software available. Why does the IRS need to spend billions to develop another one? This is starting to sound a lot like the Obamadon'tcare website that cost billions and didn't work.

Raise taxes? Look I'm not a goddamn piggy bank. Mooching bastards already take nearly 50% of every dollar I earn and that's before all the other taxes. Sales tax and property tax and vehicle tax it's endless. If you want to raise taxes then raise them on the people earning less up to the % I pay and see how that goes. Then people will demand spending cuts.

By all means explain to me how it's 'fair' to take over half of what I earn? Talk about demotivating your top earners. We'll hide our money and stop investing in things that create jobs for the rest of you.
You didn't complain when the government was spending like crazy and your investments went up.
Now its time to pay the piper. No whining.

If you have a better solution put it on the table. Here is my solution:

1. Add a 4% Federal Sales Tax on all sales (gains ~400b/yr)
2. Add a 0.1%? financial transaction tax on ALL financial buy/sell transactions (stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.) (gains 777b/yr, see link below)
3. Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (gains ~$150b/yr, see link below)
4. Remove the cap on SS tax, and raise the ages from 62/67 to 63/68 (saves SS)
5. Raise the tax and co-pay for Medicare
6. Add a co-pay for Medicaid
7. So if all of the above taxes were implemented, the $1T Budget Deficit would become a $500b surplus to start paying down the $33T Debt. Adjust rates to suit.

Revenues went up after the Trump across the board tax cuts, Simp.
Explain how more revenue grows debt.
We spend ~$7T and revenue is ~$5T, so we borrow about $2T

We need to cut spending (I suggest another Grace Commission for starters)

Then we need to raise taxes to get to a $500b surplus to start paying down the Debt. This is my solution:

2. Add a 0.1%? financial transaction tax on ALL financial buy/sell transactions (stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.) (gains 777b/yr, see link below)
3. Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (gains ~$150b/yr, see link below)
7. So if all of the above taxes were implemented, the $1T Budget Deficit would become a $500b surplus to start paying down the $33T Debt. Adjust rates to suit.

The House should not appropriate money for Israel, tax software, Ukraine, and a whole lot of other crap.

Then we need to raise taxes to get to a $500b surplus to start paying down the Debt. This is my solution:

(gains 777b/yr, see link below)

Your math is worse than the kid who wrote that stupid article.

Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (gains ~$150b/yr, see link below)

What rate? How much would it raise?

You didn't complain when the government was spending like crazy and your investments went up.
Now its time to pay the piper. No whining.

If you have a better solution put it on the table. Here is my solution:

The hell I didn't, I'm a fiscal conservative. Fuck these tax the rich PUNISHMENT taxes you propose. Why don't all of you mooching sponges get a 2nd job and pay YOUR share, boom budget balanced. Stop mooching off me.

Cool story.

Now explain how Trump's across the board tax cuts that increased revenue drove up the debt. THAT was your claim.

Back it up.

(gains 777b/yr, see link below)

Your math is worse than the kid who wrote that stupid article.

Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (~$150b/yr, see link below)

What rate? How much would it raise?
I say at the end that the rates would be adjusted to obtain a $500b surplus a year to start paying down the $33.7T Debt.

Put up your ideas how to raise about $2T a year in new revenue.

Forum List

Back