To those saying flipping burgers or dunking fries deserves 15.00 per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consumer Reports have them lagging far behind Japan and European models. Looks like you are a dupe.

Car Reliability: U.S. Automakers vs. the World
10 years ago they had none in the top ranks now they have some and Buick rated number one...

Ohh goody, one out of how many? The reality is, they still trail far behind the rest of the world. Dupe.
That is all about reliability and still Buick is number one. American cars have improved immeasurably in reliability and then everything else they're just as good as foreign cars, with cheaper repair bills. You are relying on Myth that car people have moved on from...

And Cadillac is the lowest.

I linked the consumer reports article, ask you might want to ask them to move on from their facts. Hater dupe.
A few years ago they are all were the lowest and no American cars in the top 20, or reliability. And now many American cars are in the top four performance and original quality. But thanks for hating American cars, Dupe.

Your claim is all BS hater dupe, you ask me to read Consumer Reports and when they support my position I’m a hater dupe? Sorry dupe, you are wrong the US lags behind by a wide margin Europe and Asia in reliability. Now, handling and comfort, I’d take a US vehicle any day. So, dupe, quit drunk posting, learn and quit being a dupe, that compares our union workers to McDonald workers, silly hater dupe.

Consumer Reports have them lagging far behind Japan and European models. Looks like you are a dupe.

10 years ago they had none in the top ranks now they have some and Buick rated number one...

Ohh goody, one out of how many? The reality is, they still trail far behind the rest of the world. Dupe.
That is all about reliability and still Buick is number one. American cars have improved immeasurably in reliability and then everything else they're just as good as foreign cars, with cheaper repair bills. You are relying on Myth that car people have moved on from...

My last American made car was my last American made car. After 30,000 miles, my mechanic drove it more than I did.

That's when I switched to Toyota. Never been happier. They come with a 100,000 mile 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. I've had two since I made the switch. Never have I seen a tow truck and I have never been stranded.

I don't know what American cars are like today. If they are better, the only reason is because foreign auto manufacturers forced them to make better cars. That and American auto workers don't get paid anything like they used to. The unions almost totally ruined our auto industry.

As my former mechanic explained, Toyota puts their money into engineering and quality parts. American manufacturers put their money into high pay for labor and benefits.
Republicans blame the unions Democrats blame the designers and the executives... It isn't as if Japanese workers are paid poorly...

Hey dupe, Toyota’s are made by US non-union workers. The American Toyota worker is paid well far more than the McDonalds worker you try to compare union auto workers.

The country is not responsible for providing wages--employers are.

I'm capable of paying my electricians more money, my plumbers more money, my grocery store more money, but why should I? Companies (like consumers) pay the lowest price they can for services and products. If somebody is willing to work cheaper for me, I hire that person. If somebody is able to sell me the same quality of product at a cheaper price than another, then that's who I buy my product from. I don't care what their floor sweepers make, what their maintenance people make, what their shelf stockers make.

So if we all decide that we are going to change the law to make the minimum wage $15.00 an hour, that's the cheapest people will pay.

See how easy that was?

And you think that would be the end of the story?

Well great. You and your ilk do that Joe. Because I make well over twice the minimum wage. And once you make that minimum wage $15.00 an hour, I will demand my employer pay me $40.00 an hour. See how that works?

It's not just me, but all labor would demand huge increases in salary as well. If you think somebody making $20.00 an hour now would continue to be satisfied with $20.00 an hour if minimum wage went to $15.00, then you have another thing coming.

You cannot raise wages for one segment of our workforce alone. It would crate a domino effect just like the unions did years ago. And within a few years of that increase, cost of living would increase just as much, so those minimum wage workers afterwords would find themselves in the exact same position they are in today, and that is not making a livable wage.

Last year the minimum wage jumped in our state, we as a company decided to increase the wages of all our worker by the same percentage. With that when workers left or retired we didn’t replace several of them we also increased or pricing. Companies aren’t going to eat the added expense. They increase work loads, cut back in other areas and increase the prices. Small businesses have no real choice.

If a murderer, then I ain't gonna call you a saint. If you worry about a murderer being called a murderer in which is a label, and a category, then you need help. Thugs do thug things which is why they are called thugs by those on the receiving end of those thuggish things.

Wow, guy, why don' t you just use the N-word, you'll feel better and it won't be as dishonest.
. You sure ain't shy about throwing out the race card willy nilly, now do you have the sense to answer my post properly or are you gonna deflect with the race card again ? Like I said if one is a murderer, do you think we should water down the title by calling it something else ?? We have Hillary being watered down to just a matter in order to escape justice. Words are simply magical in the twisted usage of them, and now we have Chicago that has gotten so bad on gangland thug violence, that we have that official calling for help from the UN ??? Blue helmets on the streets of Chicago ??? Kidding me right ?? Keep deflecting and spinning your racist bullcrap around here Joe, nobody's fooled by it.

Funny that he has no idea on what to call white thugs. Is he so racist that he doesn’t think white thugs exist? :dunno: Racist Democrats seem to think only blacks can be low lifes.

US Car quality Has risen in the last 10 or 15 years. Read any car magazine or Consumer Reports. Also performance and mileage.

My last American made car was my last American made car. After 30,000 miles, my mechanic drove it more than I did.

That's when I switched to Toyota. Never been happier. They come with a 100,000 mile 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. I've had two since I made the switch. Never have I seen a tow truck and I have never been stranded.

I don't know what American cars are like today. If they are better, the only reason is because foreign auto manufacturers forced them to make better cars. That and American auto workers don't get paid anything like they used to. The unions almost totally ruined our auto industry.

As my former mechanic explained, Toyota puts their money into engineering and quality parts. American manufacturers put their money into high pay for labor and benefits.

I had been driving foreign cars since college but 2 yeas ago I went for a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Love the look of the car but the transmission was replaced twice I've had it in for countless recalls and the fucking thing still doesn't run right.

Don't mind Joe, he does that in every topic on USMB. You could be talking about the best water heaters to buy, and Joe would somehow make it a race issue. It's a sickness you know.....

Naw, I would only bring it up when people start blathering about "Hood Rats" and then claim they are totally not racist because they figured out a new code word for the N-word.

Well great. You and your ilk do that Joe. Because I make well over twice the minimum wage. And once you make that minimum wage $15.00 an hour, I will demand my employer pay me $40.00 an hour. See how that works?

And then the guy who doesn't consider you worth insuring will just say, "Have fun at McDonalds, twit!"

You cannot raise wages for one segment of our workforce alone. It would crate a domino effect just like the unions did years ago. And within a few years of that increase, cost of living would increase just as much, so those minimum wage workers afterwords would find themselves in the exact same position they are in today, and that is not making a livable wage.

Okay, let's look at that. When we established a REAL living wage back in the 1950's, yup, everything else went up. And you know what, we enjoyed fantastic prosperity in the years following WWII. Well, white people did anyway. It still kind of sucked to be black in those days.

Although one could argue that blacks being able to get good factory jobs during WWII and the years after was part of the catalyst that caused the Civil Rights movement. Moving into the middle class economically but still being forced to sit on the back of the bus was more ridiculous.

You sure ain't shy about throwing out the race card willy nilly, now do you have the sense to answer my post properly or are you gonna deflect with the race card again ? Like I said if one is a murderer, do you think we should water down the title by calling it something else ??

Murderer has a clear legal definition. "thug" is just another way of racists to say N****r.

We have Hillary being watered down to just a matter in order to escape justice.

Naw, it was watered down because "using the wrong email address" wasn't a real crime. The challenge I've given to right wingers was to point out where someone else did what Hillary did and went to prison for it. And you guys couldn't cite ONE FUCKING CASE.

Words are simply magical in the twisted usage of them, and now we have Chicago that has gotten so bad on gangland thug violence, that we have that official calling for help from the UN ??? Blue helmets on the streets of Chicago ???

Okay, not sure where you are going with this... the funny thing is, the City Council has always been a clown show with people saying really stupid things between being indicted for petty corruption.

Now, we are having a violence problem in Chicago. Part of the problem is the National Rampage Association got our sensible gun laws overturned, and flooded our streets with even more guns. The other part is that because the feds busted up the big gangs, a bunch of smaller gangs are fighting over the drug trade. The final problem is that our wonderfully corrupt and incompetent police department is getting timid because with body cams, they can't go around claiming he was totally going for that drop piece I just put on his corpse.

Funny that he has no idea on what to call white thugs. Is he so racist that he doesn’t think white thugs exist? :dunno: Racist Democrats seem to think only blacks can be low lifes.

No, I don't thing anyone is a lowlife. I think that when your sort blurts out "thug", it's because you've discovered you can't say N****r anymore.

Yeah it's you. the sooner you realize that the better

I wasn't the one who made the asshole in 2000 fire the gay lady.

Or the one who lied to the entire staff in 1996 that they weren't going to close down our branch.

Or the guy in 2008 who fired all of his long-term employees because they were making more money than the guys he just hired. (This is the one that cured me of Republican Bullshit).

Yeah it's you. the sooner you realize that the better

I wasn't the one who made the asshole in 2000 fire the gay lady.

Or the one who lied to the entire staff in 1996 that they weren't going to close down our branch.

Or the guy in 2008 who fired all of his long-term employees because they were making more money than the guys he just hired. (This is the one that cured me of Republican Bullshit).
You attract people that are like you.

I agree, there's no excuse for why the richest country in the world can't provide a living wage for every adult capable of working.

None whatsoever

I'm capable of paying my electricians more money, my plumbers more money, my grocery store more money, but why should I? Companies (like consumers) pay the lowest price they can for services and products. If somebody is willing to work cheaper for me, I hire that person. If somebody is able to sell me the same quality of product at a cheaper price than another, then that's who I buy my product from. I don't care what their floor sweepers make, what their maintenance people make, what their shelf stockers make.
. If someone is willing to work cheaper for you, then you hire that person eh ??

Is cheaper your gauge on hiring a person Ray ? Is that the most important thing to you when hiring someone Ray ?? I wonder how the employee interview went with someone like Ray in his thinking ?? Hmm let me see now, on the one hand we have Ray saying "well this is the job, so will you do it for $5.00 dollars lump sum as the kid looks out over 8 acres of heavy grown up yard with his run down push mower "?? The poor kid trusting the adult like his parents taught him to do in life, says "YES SIR, I can do it", as a thinker like Ray then turns with an evil grin on his face thinking to himself "what a dupe this poor kid must be" right ??

At what point are the adults, bosses, and CEO'S gonna realize that American's just want to be respected in life again, and to be treated fairly again, and to be compensated correctly by those they had put their trust in, and had given their respect towards in life, and all because their parents taught them to do that when coming up ?? Can you imagine the let down the youth have experienced these day's, when they were taught to say YES SIR and YES MAM to deplorables in life ?? Not to say you are a deplorable in life Ray, but some thinking that you might have could qualify maybe.

Then you say you buy the cheapest products ?? Well I will say that I don't do that if the product is no good just because it's cheaper.
Is an Americans life worth more than a Cambodians life? Why is it ok for Cambodian to work for a dollar a day but it isn't ok for an American to do so? Do we have the right to a better life, than a Cambodians, simply because we were born American?
. That's a Cambodian problem, not an American one. These other countries have in some cases very corrupt governments, and to the Cambodian the USA is still that shinning city on the hill. For many in the world we are still that shinning city, but we are failing fast in holding on to the title, and it is a problem.

So if we all decide that we are going to change the law to make the minimum wage $15.00 an hour, that's the cheapest people will pay.

See how easy that was?

It's not just me, but all labor would demand huge increases in salary as well. If you think somebody making $20.00 an hour now would continue to be satisfied with $20.00 an hour if minimum wage went to $15.00, then you have another thing coming.

Last year the minimum wage jumped in our state, we as a company decided to increase the wages of all our worker by the same percentage. With that when workers left or retired we didn’t replace several of them we also increased or pricing. Companies aren’t going to eat the added expense. They increase work loads, cut back in other areas and increase the prices. Small businesses have no real choice.
. Quick question - Why is it that companies who are making huge profits always take the attitude that if they have to increase the labor budget by just a small percentage, then they rebel against the employee's because they may actually lose a tiny fraction of a percentage point ?? Do companies have any family ties to their employee's anymore or have they gone the same way as the break down that is found within the American family ?

Don't mind Joe, he does that in every topic on USMB. You could be talking about the best water heaters to buy, and Joe would somehow make it a race issue. It's a sickness you know.....

Naw, I would only bring it up when people start blathering about "Hood Rats" and then claim they are totally not racist because they figured out a new code word for the N-word.
. Do you know where I first heard that term hoodrat ? Black folk... Are you surprised ?

When you say ALL managers are assholes and ALL business owners are douche bags it is YOU that does not have an argument.

sure I do. It's just not an argument you like... because you are probably a douchebag asshole, but we can tell that from your posts and your basic disregard for human decency.

NEXT>>>>

Do you know where I first heard that term hoodrat ? Black folk... Are you surprised ?

I think the word would be "indifferent". "It Timmy jumped off a bridge would you jump off a bridge", as Sister Mary Butch would say when I tried to use that excuse in the fifth grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back