Today is Good Friday. The day Jesus was crucified

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Today is the day Jesus paid for our sins based on repentance and acceptance of Him
Such suffering that He literally bled at his poors to cover every sin that would ever be committed.
It's to bad so many reject this free offer.

"bled at his poors"

How rude!

Bet you meant he 'bled from his pores' but its still nonsense.

Anyway, thanks for telling me what day it is.

True story - One early morning, I came home from a night of heavy partying in time to see my roomy, all dressed up, going out to easter church. Or maybe it was palm Sunday; I don't know one from the other.

I was pretty blotto but succumbed to the nagging, showered, changed and went with.

Big cathedral, lots of pomping and circumstancing, mumbo and jumbo but I missed most of it because I fell asleep.

Question: If his daddy murdered him on a Friday, why is his uh-risin-ing celebrated on a Sunday?

And, another question: why do christians worship him with the symbol of his murder? That's really pretty nasty.

In any event - surely they were the first and most dysfunctional family.

There's so many problems with this statement.
Not a true honest account of events or rational ideology regarding sin, which is why sins flourish and you complain how messed up the world is, because of this free get away with sin card you carry in such nonsense.
1)First of all Yeshu son of Mary was hanged not crucified even your NT has 2 different accts! The Galilean tax revolter of 6bc was the one crucified as was the AD era christ.
source: Acts 5:30 "Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree" Acts 10:39 "whom they slew and hanged on a tree" Acts 13:29 "they took him down from the tree" 1 Peter 2:24 "who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree" Galatians 3:13 "Christ... being made a curse upon us... Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree"
The Talmud depicts the son of Mary of 100bc sentenced on passover as being stoned and hanged not crucified.
2)The Jesus character says self testimony is not true. And worse then self testimony is Rome's testimony acct of self testimony characters.
3)Rome created the image for you to worship, you think you'd follow a failed prophet who dies and offers you no LIVE FOREVER get away with crimes promise that The SERPENT OFFERED EVE IN GENESIS?
4)Deut 21:22 of the Tanakh
5)The Hebrew Bible requires that the sacrificial ritual be administered by a Priest (Kohen) - we are told that Jesus was crucified by Roman soldiers.
Second, the Hebrew Bible requires that the blood of the sacrifice had to be sprinkled on the altar in the Temple by the Priest - we are told that it wasn’t done.
Third, the Hebrew Bible requires that the sacrifice be without any physical defects or blemishes - we know that Jesus was beaten, whipped, and dragged on the ground before being crucified (not to mention that, as a Jew by birth, he was circumcised on the eighth day after being born, which is rendered as a mutilation in the New Testament).
Fourth, the Hebrew Bible specifies that the Passover sacrifice was offered on an individual basis, not as a communal offering.
Fifth, the Hebrew Bible requires that the Passover sacrifice had to be roasted and eaten.
Sixth, the Hebrew Bible states that the Passover sacrifice wasn’t offered for the removal of sins, it was a commemorative offering; a more appropriate time for a sin offering would have been on Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement).
Seventh, the Hebrew Bible strictly forbids vicarious atonement.
Eighth, the Hebrew Bible strictly prohibits human sacrifices.

6)Jesus did not absorb the sins of people. For Jews, sins are removed not by Jesus' atonement but by seeking forgiveness. Jews seek forgiveness from God for sins against God and from other people (not just God) for sins against those people. Seeking forgiveness requires a sincere sense of repenting but also seeking directly to redress the wrong done to someone. Sins are partially removed through prayer which replaced animal sacrifice as a way of relieving sins. They are also removed by correcting errors against others.

7)the Jewish view is that humans are not born naturally good or naturally bad. They have both a good and a bad inclination in them, but they have the free moral will to choose the good and this free moral will can be more powerful than the evil inclination. Indeed, Jewish ethics requires the idea that humans decide for themselves how to act. This is so because temptation, and with it the possibility of sin, allows people to choose good and thus have moral merit. The Jewish view is not that humans are helpless in the face of moral error. We then get what we give as in reactions to our actions and chose to live in what we leave.

8)atoning for sins is not in blood
Hosea chapter 14 verses 2-3

9)Ezekiel condemns the doctrine thata righteous man can die for the sins ofthe wicked.
Vicarious atonement iscondemned throughout by Ezekiel.
10)has this method and logic worked in the world=NO!

My problem with this myth is the moral bankruptcy required to agree to have an
INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR evil deeds!

You know, this is the perfect time of the year to tell the Christians that they ripped off Judaic beliefs, mixed it with pagan beliefs, and serve it up in a concoction known as Easter and the Sunrise service.

Interestingly enough, Easter is scheduled to happen right around the time of the Equinox, (this year it was March 19th), but the whole reason that Jesus was in Jerusalem in the first place, was to celebrate Passover, like a good Jewish boy should.

Only trouble is, Passover this year doesn't happen until next month.

So, unless Jesus is a time traveling masochist (why else would He travel a month back in time from His arrival in Jerusalem, just to be killed on Good Friday), there are a lot of holes in the whole Easter story.

And...............that's before we start talking about the eggs and the rabbits, which are both pagan fertility symbols.

According to some text, like an ancient aramaic bible from turkey, Jesus was not put the cross.

Many believe he want on to travel and preach in asia.

Why do "christians" think they have a monopoly on the truth?

Why do they think the Sinaiticus was the whole story/truth?

Certainly, not all followers in the teachings of Jesus believed he was the son of god that could be killed for the sins of man.

Certainly this year most western christians are not even observing near passover. They are off by a month. Eastern christian will be observing the week during the right time. Coptics will be a few days off.

Especially by his own FATHER!!

Seriously, way back when I was a kid, one of the first questions I asked was about this.

This is a religion based on infanticide!

According to some text, like an ancient aramaic bible from turkey, Jesus was not put the cross.

Certainly, not all followers in the teachings of Jesus believed he was the son of god that could be killed for the sins of man.

Certainly this year most western christians are not even observing near passover. They are off by a month. Eastern christian will be observing the week during the right time. Coptics will be a few days off.

"off a month" ?

Am I correct that easter is usually in April?

"off a month" ?

APRIL
  • 23-30
    • Pesach (Passover) * - Jewish
    • St. George's Day - Christian
    • Lazarus Satuday - Orthodox Christian
    • Palm Sunday - Orthodox Christian
    • Ninth Day of Ridvan * - Baha'i
    • Holy Friday - Orthodox Christian
    • St. James the Great Day - Orthodox Christian
    • Mahavir Jayanti ** - Jain
MAY
    • Pascha (Easter) - Orthodox Christian
    • Beltane - Samhain * - Wicca/Pagan Northern and Southern Hemisphere

To be historically correct, the passover execution was only done to Yeshu son of Mary of 100bc, and it was stoning &hanging not cruci-"fiction". Such events never occured on high holidays, thus so rare it can't be a coincidence or common theme and dates that particular figure in the 100bc era of Jannaeus which is where the widows mite coin comes from-his era.

Satan changes the times and dates and holidays they say=what Rome did.

But when you change the dating of Jesus death back 6 years to 6bc to fit the Herod story who died on 4bc, it still fails the census date of 7bc and Lysanias in the Jesus era who died in 35bc. *Wah wah wahhh!
Proof they change the dates is found in Acts where they swap Yehudas death sequence with Theudas by saying THEUDAS 45ad died before Yehuda 6bc.-OOOPSIE!

Last edited:

"off a month" ?

APRIL
  • 23-30
MAY

So where is easter in all that?

Is palm Sunday before or after same?

Actually, it doesn't matter cuz I'll forget by next year.

Sounds like you're having lots of fun being a cynic, ed. You sound like a glass half-empty kind of guy. God offers you a gift, which is the sacrifice of his only beloved Son to wash away your sins, and all you have to do in return is accept the gift.

i don't care if it's a myth or not. i care that certain people think they have some level of superiority because they have such belief.

everyone thinks they are correct or they'd believe/not believe differently.

Sounds like you're having lots of fun being a cynic, ed. You sound like a glass half-empty kind of guy. God offers you a gift, which is the sacrifice of his only beloved Son to wash away your sins, and all you have to do in return is accept the gift.
It sounds more like a trick of Satan, agree to punish an INNOCENT in your place, rather than a "gift" from God.

How do you know your morality isn't being tested????

"off a month" ?

APRIL
  • 23-30
MAY

So where is easter in all that?

Is palm Sunday before or after same?

Actually, it doesn't matter cuz I'll forget by next year.

the anglo-saxon goddess of the vernal equanox?

Oh, you mean when is easter, this sunday, March 27th

To be historically correct, the passover execution was only done to Yeshu son of Mary of 100bc, and it was stoning &hanging not cruci-"fiction". Such events never occured on high holidays, thus so rare it can't be a coincidence or common theme and dates that particular figure in the 100bc era of Jannaeus which is where the widows mite coin comes from-his era.

Satan changes the times and dates and holidays they say=what Rome did.

But when you change the dating of Jesus death back 6 years to 6bc to fit the Herod story who died on 4bc, it still fails the census date of 7bc and Lysanias in the Jesus era who died in 35bc. *Wah wah wahhh!
Proof they change the dates is found in Acts where they swap Yehudas death sequence with Theudas by saying THEUDAS 45ad died before Yehuda 6bc.-OOOPSIE!

satan?

It sounds more like a trick of Satan, agree to punish an INNOCENT in your place, rather than a "gift" from God.

How do you know your morality isn't being tested????

The most miserable always need to attack others and Blackrook sounds miserable.

This is actually I question I've thought about many times:

Why are the faithful so damn ugly and unhappy? Why doesn't their faith seem to give them any comfort?

Read the "christian" posts here. They are ALWAYS very desperate and unhappy.

Its their business but damn, if I were that unhappy about my beliefs, THAT is where I would start.

Forum List

Back