Todays school shooting

Your idea of "reasonable" gun control is in effect in Chicago. How's that working out for you loons?

So why don't you tell me what you think my idea of "reasonable gun control" is? You seem to think you know more about my opinions than I do.

Universal background checks.
gun registration.
gun owner licensing.
training requirements.

Those are a few of the dumb ones you have mentioned in the past that have been shown to be useless for stopping criminals and mass shooters...but they will make it harder for law abiding people to own and carry guns, and it will put them in legal peril if they don't jump through your hoops, just like you want.

I have often mentioned universal background checks, but when did I advocate registration? Are you sure you aren't just imagining that?
as previously stated, it's called incrementalism and you know exactly what we are all talking about. The old frog in the water thing that "You see what it has to do with"....
At this point, you have neither the frog or the water. Yes, I know we are speaking figuratively.
Complete falsehood, we have all manner of gun control laws that do nothing but impede the law abiding.

Guy with a gun stopped another "good boy" before he massacred people. Guns save lives.

'Things could have gone much worse': Ex-student shot by officer during gunfire exchange at Dixon High School

Officials say a police officer working at Dixon High School shot and wounded a former student who fired a gun at him.

The shooting incident began near the school’s west gymnasium about 8 a.m. Wednesday, according to officials speaking at a late-morning news conference.

Earlier in the day, City Manager Danny Langloss said students were gathered at the gym for graduation practice.

Dixon Police Chief Steven Howell said the suspect, a 19-year-old former student, “fired several shots near the west gym.”

The school resource officer confronted the suspect, who then fled from the school with the officer in pursuit, Howell said. During the pursuit, the suspect fired several shots at the officer but did not strike him.

The officer returned fire and struck the suspect, who was then taken into custody just west of the school, Howell said. He was brought to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one else was injured.

'Things could have gone much worse': Ex-student shot by officer during gunfire exchange at Dixon High School

So....here is the math...

No school resource officer at Parkland ( he cowered outside) .... 17 dead.

Maryland school shooting one school resource officer..... 1 dead.

Dixon, Illinois school shooting, one school resource officer.... 0 dead.

Now, anti gunners....tell us how you have the solution by keeping armed guards and armed staff out of schools.....the math isn't adding up for your solution.

Getting rid of gun free zones would stop mass shooters from targeting schools and current democrat gun free zones....but the anti gunners need dead people, especially children, to get the mojo to ban and confiscate guns.....they are the sacrifices they need to get power.......so gun free zones are going to stay...
Are you sure anti-gunners want to keep trained, professional armed security out of schools? As long as they aren't dressed in SWAT gear with a rifle slung over their shoulders in a K-5 school, why would anyone object? I don't think that's the objection. Arming teachers IS.

Yes...... they don't want the school to be like a prison...that is what they say, that is their excuse and you don't have to believe me, listen to what they say, they do not want armed guards in schools.

In fact, Illinois democrats want to hand out state grants to schools that replace armed police resource officers with therapists...not add therapists....replace armed guards with therapists.....

Illinois plan: Replace armed school officers with therapists

Some Illinois lawmakers want to give extra money to schools that replace armed security officers with unarmed social workers and behavior therapists, an approach to safety that’s far different than a national push to add police or arm teachers following a mass shooting at a Florida high school.
Maybe they should do BOTH. Counseling doesn't work overnight. An AR does.

Do you realize that lawn mowers kill more people every year than mass shooters do with AR-15 civilian rifles? Do you want to ban lawn mowers?

I want more therapists, and more armed guards and armed staff...we already have armed teachers in at least 14 states.....and it works.

Are there any other countries in the world (besides the stupid Americans), who are calling for armed guards in schools?
Well lets see, 300 schoolgirls were kidnapped in Nigeria, I bet their families would have welcomed a man with a gun to shoot the kidnappers. Idiots like you will disagree however

Are there any other countries in the world (besides the stupid Americans), who are calling for armed guards in schools?
Israel. No school shootings. I understand you are upset because multiple children were not murdered but wait a while and I'm certain a doped up criminal that has been ignored by LE will satisfy you soon!

We have waiting periods, but they don't apply to me. But say a waiting period keeps my from getting my gun right then. What's to stop me from using a gun I already have to commit a crime or steal one? A law? Really?

Israel.

The other countries have been lucky.....Britain had 3 school shooters they were able to stop with blind luck.......Australia, their shooters target malls, not schools...so far...but when that changes, they will have armed guards in schools.

Most are. Gun laws that prevent non criminals from owning weapons are stupid. They do nothing to prevent crime as they target those who don't break the laws anyway.

you're ignoring the other side of the coin where law enforcement needs laws to exist before they can demand they be upheld.

going by your simplicity, we don't need any laws at all because criminals will just commit crimes anyway.

"gun laws" do more than just "prevent non criminals from owning weapons".

Laws prevent no crimes. They merely codify an offense that can then be punished. if your philosophy had any base in reality whatsoever no one would ever take illegal drugs, no one would drive drunk, no one would murder anyone merely because a law told them not to. It is infantile to believe those silly things, yet here you are spouting them off as if they are meaningful.

Israel. No school shootings. I understand you are upset because multiple children were not murdered but wait a while and I'm certain a doped up criminal that has been ignored by LE will satisfy you soon!
Every school in Israel is protected by men with full auto weapons, you know that right?

Or are u a simpleton?

My guess is simpleton...………….

1dd25c6e46e439c0643a4e0bf734af97.jpg

No

-Geaux

Looks like you think all gun laws are bad.
Notice how this shill will NEVER state his idea of what's reasonable.

I've said lots of times that universal background checks would be a great thing.
And I disagree

-Geaux

Most NRA members agree with me. What gun laws do you agree with?

No, they don't. The overwhelming majority think you're a loon.

Why are you insulting me? People get reported for that.

That's not an insult, it is an observation.

Most are. Gun laws that prevent non criminals from owning weapons are stupid. They do nothing to prevent crime as they target those who don't break the laws anyway.

you're ignoring the other side of the coin where law enforcement needs laws to exist before they can demand they be upheld.

going by your simplicity, we don't need any laws at all because criminals will just commit crimes anyway.

Laws prevent no crimes. They merely codify an offense that can then be punished. if your philosophy had any base in reality whatsoever no one would ever take illegal drugs, no one would drive drunk, no one would murder anyone merely because a law told them not to. It is infantile to believe those silly things, yet here you are spouting them off as if they are meaningful.
Old Val is right! "gun laws" do more than just "prevent non criminals from owning weapons". They allow innocents to be murdered with no way to stop them.

Thank goodness there was a law enforcement officer in the right place at the right time. Those armed civilian patrols by Second Amendment advocates weren't necessary.
They are when there aren't any police. Those are the places you get the body counts you guys love and crave.
Another "you guys"er, responding to one person's post as if it were a plural. What is this dementia?

The same one that you exhibit when you demand that assault weapons be banned due to the criminal misdeeds of a very, very, very small number of those who own them.
Not that I take your word for anything resembling authoritative, but is is at least a relief that you see I do not have this "dementia". Having never "demanded" that anything be "banned", I must be exempt.

Thank goodness there was a law enforcement officer in the right place at the right time. Those armed civilian patrols by Second Amendment advocates weren't necessary.
They are when there aren't any police. Those are the places you get the body counts you guys love and crave.
Another "you guys"er, responding to one person's post as if it were a plural. What is this dementia?

The same one that you exhibit when you demand that assault weapons be banned due to the criminal misdeeds of a very, very, very small number of those who own them.
Not that I take your word for anything resembling authoritative, but is is at least a relief that you see I do not have this "dementia. Having never "demanded" that anything be "banned", I must be exempt.
Excellent wordplay!

Laws that take away weapons can have an impact, though, because those weapons won't be available to murder.

Laws that take away weapons can have an impact, though, because those weapons won't be available to murder.
A murderer will find a new source.

Perhaps, but locking the doors on the schools would certainly have an impact so why don't people who claim to be concerned by school shootings lobby for locking the doors? Cameras and metal detectors would also have a huge impact on school shootings at times when the doors have to be open. Perhaps Democrats are just not taking the school shootings seriously enough to push for common sense solutions and are callously using these events to push for an ideological change?

why do we even bother having laws against murder? ho hum
Perhaps you aren't looking at this right. What we should do since the original law against murder does not work, we need a new stronger, more common sense law against murder.

Look stupid, that works until you comprehend that criminals do not follow laws.

You need to be medicated

Forum List

Back