Todays school shooting

The majority of NRA members want universal background checks. Is that reasonable?

No

-Geaux

Looks like you think all gun laws are bad.
Your quote that responsible gun owners want reasonable gun control. I argue we have that already.

What is reasonable to one, may be unreasonable to another

-Geaux
Notice how this shill will NEVER state his idea of what's reasonable.

I've said lots of times that universal background checks would be a great thing.
And I disagree

-Geaux

Most NRA members agree with me. What gun laws do you agree with?
You have never talked to "most members of the NRA", you are lying.

Regressive liberal ROE

13. Reword and repeat
Poll: Most NRA members support comprehensive background checks

No

-Geaux

I've said lots of times that universal background checks would be a great thing.
And I disagree

-Geaux

Regressive liberal ROE

13. Reword and repeat
There is a 95 percent chance Hillary Clinton wins the Electoral College by 118 votes: poll

Most NRA members agree with me. What gun laws do you agree with?[/QUOTE]
My right to carry concealed

-Geaux[/QUOTE]

I guess I worded the question wrong. Forgive me.
What gun control laws do you agree with?

No

-Geaux

And I disagree

-Geaux

No, they don't. The overwhelming majority think you're a loon.

Why are you insulting me? People get reported for that.
Somebody at work said I was overweight, and just plain fat. Warden heard it, and asked me if I was offended. I said why would I be offended, I am fat? Truth is truth.

I'm sure some gun nut will claim that's what responsible gun owners want, but responsible gun owners want reasonable gun control.
Still waiting for one of you to tell us all what this "reasonable gun control" is. You wont because you are inherently dishonest.

I'll be happy to, but first I want to know what all you gun nuts "think" my idea of reasonable gun control might be. I am constantly being told that I want to take everybody's guns, or that I don't want people to be able to defend themselves. Come on. Tell me where you "think" I stand, and we can start on an even field.
Classic twist and spin.

I get it. You would rather insult and troll than have a real discussion. I guess that's why I respond to you as I usually do.
View attachment 193817

What am I accusing you of Mikey?

Still waiting for one of you to tell us all what this "reasonable gun control" is. You wont because you are inherently dishonest.

I'll be happy to, but first I want to know what all you gun nuts "think" my idea of reasonable gun control might be. I am constantly being told that I want to take everybody's guns, or that I don't want people to be able to defend themselves. Come on. Tell me where you "think" I stand, and we can start on an even field.
Classic twist and spin.

I get it. You would rather insult and troll than have a real discussion. I guess that's why I respond to you as I usually do.
View attachment 193817

Why are you pretending you don't know?

Your quote that responsible gun owners want reasonable gun control. I argue we have that already.

What is reasonable to one, may be unreasonable to another

-Geaux

I've said lots of times that universal background checks would be a great thing, and the majority of NRA members agree with me.
There are only about eight or nine states that do not have Universal background check

I wasn't aware of the number. Don't you think it would be better for all states to do that? It will happen in time. Common sense and reason always wins eventually.

Background checks, aka, Registration leads to confiscation

-Geaux

I see you believe that to be true. Do background checks at licensed dealers include registration, or is that seperate, and just in states that require registration?

Most are. Gun laws that prevent non criminals from owning weapons are stupid. They do nothing to prevent crime as they target those who don't break the laws anyway.

You quoted the talking point perfectly. What gun laws do you agree with, if any..

I want to see a national gun buyer check, that is free to use, that whoever wishes to sell a gun to another person, makes a phone call, and the buyer is checked for eligibility. No gun registration, no tracking of who owns what. That is the universal background check that the majority of gun owners would be happy to support.

Gun registration is not part of the background check system we have now. Why are you whining about something that doesn't exist to start with?
It's called incrementalism. Start with a little bit until you eventually take it all. Now stop pretending you don't understand.

I know what incrimentalism is. Do current background checks include registration? We both know that the possibility of federal registration doesn't stand a chance. Nothing incremental there.

Most are. Gun laws that prevent non criminals from owning weapons are stupid. They do nothing to prevent crime as they target those who don't break the laws anyway.

You quoted the talking point perfectly. What gun laws do you agree with, if any..

I want to see a national gun buyer check, that is free to use, that whoever wishes to sell a gun to another person, makes a phone call, and the buyer is checked for eligibility. No gun registration, no tracking of who owns what. That is the universal background check that the majority of gun owners would be happy to support.

Gun registration is not part of the background check system we have now. Why are you whining about something that doesn't exist to start with?
It's called incrementalism. Start with a little bit until you eventually take it all. Now stop pretending you don't understand.

I know what incrimentalism is. Do current background checks include registration? We both know that the possibility of federal registration doesn't stand a chance. Nothing incremental there.
screenshot_446.png

And I disagree

-Geaux

Regressive liberal ROE

13. Reword and repeat
There is a 95 percent chance Hillary Clinton wins the Electoral College by 118 votes: poll

The odds were probably right, but they included a 5% chance she would lose. That's how it worked out. Now, can we get back to the subject instead of deflecting?

And I disagree

-Geaux

Regressive liberal ROE

13. Reword and repeat

The odds were probably right, but they included a 5% chance she would lose. That's how it worked out. Now, can we get back to the subject instead of deflecting?
Sure Goebbels.

Guy with a gun stopped another "good boy" before he massacred people. Guns save lives.

'Things could have gone much worse': Ex-student shot by officer during gunfire exchange at Dixon High School

Officials say a police officer working at Dixon High School shot and wounded a former student who fired a gun at him.

The shooting incident began near the school’s west gymnasium about 8 a.m. Wednesday, according to officials speaking at a late-morning news conference.

Earlier in the day, City Manager Danny Langloss said students were gathered at the gym for graduation practice.

Dixon Police Chief Steven Howell said the suspect, a 19-year-old former student, “fired several shots near the west gym.”

The school resource officer confronted the suspect, who then fled from the school with the officer in pursuit, Howell said. During the pursuit, the suspect fired several shots at the officer but did not strike him.

The officer returned fire and struck the suspect, who was then taken into custody just west of the school, Howell said. He was brought to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one else was injured.

'Things could have gone much worse': Ex-student shot by officer during gunfire exchange at Dixon High School

So....here is the math...

No school resource officer at Parkland ( he cowered outside) .... 17 dead.

Maryland school shooting one school resource officer..... 1 dead.

Dixon, Illinois school shooting, one school resource officer.... 0 dead.

Now, anti gunners....tell us how you have the solution by keeping armed guards and armed staff out of schools.....the math isn't adding up for your solution.

Getting rid of gun free zones would stop mass shooters from targeting schools and current democrat gun free zones....but the anti gunners need dead people, especially children, to get the mojo to ban and confiscate guns.....they are the sacrifices they need to get power.......so gun free zones are going to stay...

Guy with a gun stopped another "good boy" before he massacred people. Guns save lives.

Officials say a police officer working at Dixon High School shot and wounded a former student who fired a gun at him.

The shooting incident began near the school’s west gymnasium about 8 a.m. Wednesday, according to officials speaking at a late-morning news conference.

Earlier in the day, City Manager Danny Langloss said students were gathered at the gym for graduation practice.

Dixon Police Chief Steven Howell said the suspect, a 19-year-old former student, “fired several shots near the west gym.”

The school resource officer confronted the suspect, who then fled from the school with the officer in pursuit, Howell said. During the pursuit, the suspect fired several shots at the officer but did not strike him.

The officer returned fire and struck the suspect, who was then taken into custody just west of the school, Howell said. He was brought to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No one else was injured.

Now, anti gunners....tell us how you have the solution by keeping armed guards and armed staff out of schools.....the math isn't adding up for your solution.

Getting rid of gun free zones would stop mass shooters from targeting schools and current democrat gun free zones....but the anti gunners need dead people, especially children, to get the mojo to ban and confiscate guns.....they are the sacrifices they need to get power.......so gun free zones are going to stay...
Agree, and the main troll in here is spinning and twisting at every post and failing again....

Good guy with a gun.

He did what he was hired to do. This doesn't justify every Rambo wanna be being armed 24/7

No...what justifies allowing civilians to carry guns is the fact that 2.4 million times a year, armed Americans stop violent criminal attacks....according to the CDC.....and the other fact? As more Americans own and carry guns, our crime rates have gone down...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Are you sure anti-gunners want to keep trained, professional armed security out of schools? As long as they aren't dressed in SWAT gear with a rifle slung over their shoulders in a K-5 school, why would anyone object? I don't think that's the objection. Arming teachers IS.

Good guy with a gun.

No, not a “good guy with a gun”. Not a teacher with a gun either. An armed and trained police officer performing his duty.

You guys know, right, that there are already 14 states that allow armed teachers in schools...right? Some 30 school districts in Ohio alone, I believe.....you don't know what you are talking about....

'Heroic' resource officer hailed for stopping armed teen at high school, saving lives

An Illinois school resource officer stopped an armed teenager at a high school Wednesday morning, according to the local police chief, who applauded the officer for saving "countless" lives.

When the 19-year-old suspect fired several shots near a gym at Dixon High School, the school resource officer reported the incident to authorities and then confronted the gunman, Dixon police chief Steven Howell said at a news conference.

When confronted, the suspect -- a former student at Dixon High School -- started running away, and the officer pursued him, Howell said. The suspect shot several rounds at the officer, and the officer then returned fire, hitting the gunman, the chief added.

All it takes is one good man with a gun

Good guy with a gun.

No, not a “good guy with a gun”. Not a teacher with a gun either. An armed and trained police officer performing his duty.

You guys know, right, that there are already 14 states that allow armed teachers in schools...right? Some 30 school districts in Ohio alone, I believe.....you don't know what you are talking about....
Texas has some, and so far no attempts....

Classic twist and spin.

View attachment 193817

Why are you pretending you don't know?

Comeon Mikey. If I've offended you in this discussion, I appologize. If I've accused you of anything in this discussion, I want to know.

Forum List

Back