Todays school shooting

Not sure what that has to do with this discussion. Registration isn't required for licensed dealer sales, and there is no reason to believe it would be for universal background checks. You have been told to fear something that has no chance of happening. Just to be clear on your stance, would you approve of universal checks if there was a guarantee that no registration would ever be associated with them, or is there another reason you oppose them?

You cant do universal background checks without registering all guns.....you have been shown this over and over again. You have to know who owns the gun, originally, to know if a background check was done when they sold it or gave it away...so you have to register guns...

This is the only reason the anti gun leadership wants universal background checks......

Unviersal background checks do not stop criminals, who use straw buyers or steal their guns, or mass shooters, who simply pass any background check or steal their guns.....

There is no promise that anti gunners keep.

You have asserted that background checks can't be implemented without registratrion lots of times, but it just isn't so. Our current system of background checks from licensed dealers dosen't require registration, and there is no reason to believe universal checks would have to be any different.
There is plenty of reason. Politicians and gun banners cannot be trusted.

Come on Mikey. Even you know that is a dumb non-answer answer.
What do they pay you to destroy the country

Oh. My. That's something else I didn't know. How long have I been trying to destroy the country? It seems like that is something I would have caught on to.

Not sure what that has to do with this discussion. Registration isn't required for licensed dealer sales, and there is no reason to believe it would be for universal background checks. You have been told to fear something that has no chance of happening. Just to be clear on your stance, would you approve of universal checks if there was a guarantee that no registration would ever be associated with them, or is there another reason you oppose them?

You cant do universal background checks without registering all guns.....you have been shown this over and over again. You have to know who owns the gun, originally, to know if a background check was done when they sold it or gave it away...so you have to register guns...

This is the only reason the anti gun leadership wants universal background checks......

Unviersal background checks do not stop criminals, who use straw buyers or steal their guns, or mass shooters, who simply pass any background check or steal their guns.....

You have asserted that background checks can't be implemented without registratrion lots of times, but it just isn't so. Our current system of background checks from licensed dealers dosen't require registration, and there is no reason to believe universal checks would have to be any different.

Yes and you ignore the fact that private sales are different. The government will not be able to tell if a background check is done for a private sale if they don't know who originally owned the gun.....the gun store will not sell a gun without a backgroud because of the law requiring it for all gun store sales....they can lose their license if they sell a gun without a background check.

There is every reason to know that registration is what the anti gunners want, and they will get there through universal background checks.

There you go again. Saying tha unless it's perfect, it won't work at all. That's kinda childish isn't it? Child molestation isn't stopped by laws against it. The perverts have to be caught before the law can be used against them. Most of our laws work the same way. You don't understand that?

wrong...no law stops crime, it creates the punishment for when you break the law. What you don't know or pretend to not know, is that the laws you want are attempting to stop people from breaking the law....and it doesn't work. A law can define acceptable behavior and then define the punishment for not complying with that norm. You guys want Tom Cruise "Minority Report" gun laws that prevent criminals from using guns in the first place...that is why you focus on background checks, registration, licensing, magazine limits....all things that criminals ignore....while normal, law abiding people will comply with. You focus on the law abiding and think that will lower the crime rate....

We focus on criminals and keeping them away from normal people...that actually works.....your ideas...suck.

Oh. My. That's something else I didn't know. How long have I been trying to destroy the country? It seems like that is something I would have caught on to.
You should be stood against a wall.

You should be stood against a wall.

If his beliefs take hold...he will be...

Yes and you ignore the fact that private sales are different. The government will not be able to tell if a background check is done for a private sale if they don't know who originally owned the gun.....the gun store will not sell a gun without a backgroud because of the law requiring it for all gun store sales....they can lose their license if they sell a gun without a background check.

There is every reason to know that registration is what the anti gunners want, and they will get there through universal background checks.

There you go again. Saying tha unless it's perfect, it won't work at all. That's kinda childish isn't it? Child molestation isn't stopped by laws against it. The perverts have to be caught before the law can be used against them. Most of our laws work the same way. You don't understand that?

wrong...no law stops crime, it creates the punishment for when you break the law. What you don't know or pretend to not know, is that the laws you want are attempting to stop people from breaking the law....and it doesn't work. A law can define acceptable behavior and then define the punishment for not complying with that norm. You guys want Tom Cruise "Minority Report" gun laws that prevent criminals from using guns in the first place...that is why you focus on background checks, registration, licensing, magazine limits....all things that criminals ignore....while normal, law abiding people will comply with. You focus on the law abiding and think that will lower the crime rate....

We focus on criminals and keeping them away from normal people...that actually works.....your ideas...suck.

Isn't that what I just said about laws stopping crime? Somehow, you seem to think any gun laws are required to stop crime before it happens, or it's useless. You lost me on the Tom Cruse crap. Concentrate hard, and you can seperate what is actually being said from what the voices in your head, or your talking points are telling you.

Thank goodness there was a law enforcement officer in the right place at the right time. Those armed civilian patrols by Second Amendment advocates weren't necessary.
They are when there aren't any police. Those are the places you get the body counts you guys love and crave.

They are when there aren't any police.

you bet they are

a FBI report stated that 5 percent of mass shootings have been stopped by armed citizens

[/QUOTE]Isn't that what I just said about laws stopping crime? Somehow, you seem to think any gun laws are required to stop crime before it happens, or it's useless. You lost me on the Tom Cruse crap. Concentrate hard, and you can seperate what is actually being said from what the voices in your head, or your talking points are telling you.[/QUOTE]
'dog, you've touched the salient point, here and in other threads. On certain subjects, some 'posters' (or impostors, in a sense) can only regurgitate the talking points and vicious insults swarming through their cloudy 'thinking'. No matter what one says, if these people even suspect it does not coincide with their position all they can do is barf out their preconceived, putrid polemic.
Good luck with correcting them, but now when I see a poster is like that, I just clam up and go on.

This is why we need a couple "school resource officers" at every school. More for larger schools.

Could save some money, and have every former police, military, or anyone trained, who is working as a school teacher armed. I think it would be great.

Thank goodness there was a law enforcement officer in the right place at the right time. Those armed civilian patrols by Second Amendment advocates weren't necessary.
They are when there aren't any police. Those are the places you get the body counts you guys love and crave.

you bet they are

a FBI report stated that 5 percent of mass shootings have been stopped by armed citizens

Yeah, the the only reason it's a mere 5% of mass shooting stopped by armed people... is because of the "shocking" (shocking i say), number of shootings that happen in gun-free-zones where citizens are not legally allowed to have guns.

How can "gun"-free zones exist if the Second Amendment isn't being 'infringed'? Those 'gunners' are shirking their responsibility in letting this pass. They should go down to those sites and demonstrate bearing their well polished arms, if they truly believe what they claim.

Instead of worrying so much about the guns let's focus on the way the news reports the incidence. Those sickos think there's my chance to get my recognition I'll be World widely famous, so I'll go out this way and get my two or three weeks of fame

Most are. Gun laws that prevent non criminals from owning weapons are stupid. They do nothing to prevent crime as they target those who don't break the laws anyway.

You quoted the talking point perfectly. What gun laws do you agree with, if any..

I want to see a national gun buyer check, that is free to use, that whoever wishes to sell a gun to another person, makes a phone call, and the buyer is checked for eligibility. No gun registration, no tracking of who owns what. That is the universal background check that the majority of gun owners would be happy to support.

Gun registration is not part of the background check system we have now. Why are you whining about something that doesn't exist to start with?
It is in California, New York and other Communist states

-Geaux

Communist states? I'll bet you wonder why people laugh at you too.

lol.. I'll consider the source :21:

-Geaux

you bet they are

Yeah, the the only reason it's a mere 5% of mass shooting stopped by armed people... is because of the "shocking" (shocking i say), number of shootings that happen in gun-free-zones where citizens are not legally allowed to have guns.

indeed that is correct

law abiding folks follow the rules

while criminals simply disregard them

How can "gun"-free zones exist if the Second Amendment isn't being 'infringed'? Those 'gunners' are shirking their responsibility in letting this pass. They should go down to those sites and demonstrate bearing their well polished arms, if they truly believe what they claim.

We have always opposed gun-free zones. You need to show us they work, before you complain about how we view them.

you bet they are

indeed that is correct

law abiding folks follow the rules

while criminals simply disregard them

Yeah, and what criminal who is willing to commit murder, is going to be put off by a gun law.

"You know I was going to shoot and kill people..... but oh crap! They passed a gun law! I wouldn't want to violate THAT law!"

Why do the firearms enthusiasts permit "'gun'-free zones if they really feel about the Second Amendment as they claim? Why do they accept such 'infringement'? Why do they accept age limitations, taxes, even profit, on firearms, if 'God' has set aside arms as a 'right' that 'God' gives all people..er,..oh, no, not all people; just U.S. citizens? Why do they regard any slightest question that even vaguely sounds as if it could ever be interpreted by anyone as being other than their accepted doctrine as being so evil?

Why do the firearms enthusiasts permit "'gun'-free zones if they really feel about the Second Amendment as they claim? Why do they accept such 'infringement'? Why do they accept age limitations, taxes, even profit, on firearms, if 'God' has set aside arms as a 'right' that 'God' gives all people..er,..oh, no, not all people; just U.S. citizens? Why do they regard any slightest question that even vaguely sounds as if it could ever be interpreted by anyone as being other than their accepted doctrine as being so evil?

Because we don't rule the country, nor the politicians. Many local jurisdictions are Democrat controlled. We don't vote for them, but we still have to abide by them when they pass stupid laws. Same on the Fed level. Jeez.

Yes we peacefully protest, write letters, vote, but we also have jobs, and lives unlike many professional Leftist, paid protestors.

Forum List

Back