Together

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
In one of my lower-level classes, there was a new student today. She is from Liberia. She seems nice but was painfully nervous. I had her sit next to a few students who I know are friendly and gregarious to hopefully ease her into the class. Two girls from Haiti tried their best to make her feel welcome, but she was clearly uncomfortable. One of the Haitian girls spoke up and gave an absolutely inspirational speech. She went on at length that "in this class we welcome everyone, and every culture and we all learn together and enjoy learning together..." and such. The new girl was still very nervous, but it was a good speech. And everyone did enjoy learning together as far as I could tell.

In one of my lower-level classes, there was a new student today. She is from Liberia. She seems nice but was painfully nervous. I had her sit next to a few students who I know are friendly and gregarious to hopefully ease her into the class. Two girls from Haiti tried their best to make her feel welcome, but she was clearly uncomfortable. One of the Haitian girls spoke up and gave an absolutely inspirational speech. She went on at length that "in this class we welcome everyone, and every culture and we all learn together and enjoy learning together..." and such. The new girl was still very nervous, but it was a good speech. And everyone did enjoy learning together as far as I could tell.
I once had a student from Liberia who turned out to be the son of a terrorist leader who was attempting to overthrow their government.

My great-great-great-great grandfather was a terrorist. (maybe too many 'greats' in there)
Interesting. This kid had never been disciplined in his entire life. He once threatened to smash a deck over another student's head, and I got screamed at by our little Napolean principal for yelling at the kid to stop! After that, I decided to leave the school at the end of my contract. My principal was an idiot, and he got fired shortly thereafter.

Forum List

Back