Tomorrow feb 12 is birthday of our most famous white supremacist

All real history books carry that quote but history TEXTBOOKS used in schools never do.

Still pissed off with Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation and instigating the 13th Amendment eh?

You do know that Lincoln didn't free the slaves, in The United States, right? And that he wanted the blacks all shipped back to Africa?

You should be thanking John Wilkes Booth for mixing Lincoln's plan. Look at that big ass voting block Booth have you...lol

You do know that you are incredibly ignorant right? You just gobble up the racist crap.

Lincoln did indeed 'free the slaves'- not all of them- but most of them.

The Emancipation Proclamation eventually resulted in the freeing of the majority of the slaves in the United States- every slave that Lincoln could find a legal pretext to free under his powers as Commander in Chief.

Lincoln was an advocate of the voluntary return to Africa of African American slaves- until he found out to his surprise that African Americans didn't want to go to some continent that their ancestors had come from 5 or 10 generations before. Lincoln then stopped advocating for sending ex-slaves to Africa.

No, Lincoln didn't free a single slave, in The United States. That's a fact. The Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the Confederate States.

No- that is just your revisionist history and wishful thinking. The vast majority of slaves in the United States of America were freed by the Emancipation Proclamation- no matter how much you regret that.

"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.
"That the Executive will, on the first day of January aforesaid, by proclamation, designate the States and parts of States, if any, in which the people thereof, respectively, shall then be in rebellion against the United States; and the fact that any State, or the people thereof, shall on that day be, in good faith, represented in the Congress of the United States by members chosen thereto at elections wherein a majority of the qualified voters of such State shall have participated, shall, in the absence of strong countervailing testimony, be deemed conclusive evidence that such State, and the people thereof, are not then in rebellion against the United States."
Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:
Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.
And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.
And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence; and I recommend to them that, in all cases when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.
And I further declare and make known, that such persons of suitable condition, will be received into the armed service of the United States to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessels of all sorts in said service.
And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgment of mankind, and the gracious favor of Almighty God.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.
Done at the City of Washington, this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.
By the President: ABRAHAM LINCOLN
WILLIAM H. SEWARD, Secretary of State.

The President can't change law. The Emancipation Proclamation in no way shape or form freed one single slave in The United States.

Still pissed off with Lincoln for the Emancipation Proclamation and instigating the 13th Amendment eh?

You do know that Lincoln didn't free the slaves, in The United States, right? And that he wanted the blacks all shipped back to Africa?

You should be thanking John Wilkes Booth for mixing Lincoln's plan. Look at that big ass voting block Booth have you...lol

You do know that you are incredibly ignorant right? You just gobble up the racist crap.

The Emancipation Proclamation eventually resulted in the freeing of the majority of the slaves in the United States- every slave that Lincoln could find a legal pretext to free under his powers as Commander in Chief.

Lincoln was an advocate of the voluntary return to Africa of African American slaves- until he found out to his surprise that African Americans didn't want to go to some continent that their ancestors had come from 5 or 10 generations before. Lincoln then stopped advocating for sending ex-slaves to Africa.

No, Lincoln didn't free a single slave, in The United States. That's a fact. The Emancipation Proclamation only freed slaves in the Confederate States.

No- that is just your revisionist history and wishful thinking. The vast majority of slaves in the United States of America were freed by the Emancipation Proclamation- no matter how much you regret that.

"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.
"That the Executive will, on the first day of January aforesaid, by proclamation, designate the States and parts of States, if any, in which the people thereof, respectively, shall then be in rebellion against the United States; and the fact that any State, or the people thereof, shall on that day be, in good faith, represented in the Congress of the United States by members chosen thereto at elections wherein a majority of the qualified voters of such State shall have participated, shall, in the absence of strong countervailing testimony, be deemed conclusive evidence that such State, and the people thereof, are not then in rebellion against the United States."
Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:
Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.
And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.
And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence; and I recommend to them that, in all cases when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.
And I further declare and make known, that such persons of suitable condition, will be received into the armed service of the United States to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessels of all sorts in said service.
And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgment of mankind, and the gracious favor of Almighty God.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.
Done at the City of Washington, this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.

The President can't change law. The Emancipation Proclamation in no way shape or form freed one single slave in The United States.

that's false. it was an executive order. :thup:

Nope. The President can't change a law, period.

I bet you people are still scratching your head, asking why the emancipation proclamation didn't free slaves in The United States. Huh?...lol

The denial runs thick with you.

The Emancipation Proclamation freed the majority of slaves in the United States- the remainder were freed under the 13th Amendment.

I bet you people are still scratching your head, asking why the emancipation proclamation didn't free slaves in The United States. Huh?...lol
The president can change a law just like you or I can.By presenting legislation for consideration to abolish the law in question...Or, by lawsuit to nullify the law enacted..

you're funny.

if only you knew anything about your government.

so when ronnie reagan issued hundreds of executive orders it was advisory. there are things that can be done by executive order and things that can't.

Executive Orders

and you still have zero understanding of what our laws and our court can do.

Not the Great Emancipator: 10 Racist Quotes Abraham Lincoln Said About Black People - Page 3 of 5 - Atlanta Black Star

Lincoln was, indeed, a white supremacist. In his 1858 debate with Sen. Steven Douglas, Lincoln maintained, “And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

All real history books carry that quote but history TEXTBOOKS used in schools never do.
and yet we don't have a month to show him off in? Why not? Why is it that only a reward for the black men?
How many black men are imprinted upon our money? Plastered on a mountain side?

The president can change a law just like you or I can.By presenting legislation for consideration to abolish the law in question...Or, by lawsuit to nullify the law enacted..

Right...legislation...through Congress.

You people really don't know how our government works, so you?

come up with your own material, oh ignorant one.

as i pointed out. there are things that can be done by executive order and things that can't. but they aren't advisory, little boy

you're funny.

so when ronnie reagan issued hundreds of executive orders it was advisory. there are things that can be done by executive order and things that can't.

Executive Orders

And you call me ignorant...lol

1. Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the ExecutiveBranch, to Federal Administrative Agencies. Executive Orders are generally used to direct federal agencies and officials in their execution of congressionally established laws or policies.

Evidently ignorance is bliss to you...You can write a law and try to lobby it's direction just like the corporate boyz.....do..get hip to the trip on how shit works, takes away the frustration of ignorance.

Evidently ignorance is bliss to you...You can write a law and try to lobby it's direction just like the corporate boyz.....do..get hip to the trip on how shit works, takes away the frustration of stupidity..

Through Congress, sure. Not through the executive branch.

Soooo solly!

Tomorrow feb 12 is birthday of our most famous white supremacist

Words escape me how to retort to total trolling asinine absurdity..

Evidently ignorance is bliss to you...You can write a law and try to lobby it's direction just like the corporate boyz.....do..get hip to the trip on how shit works, takes away the frustration of stupidity..

Through Congress, sure. Not through the executive branch.

Soooo solly!
I thought it was the bank branch..

you're funny.

Executive Orders

• Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the ExecutiveBranch, to Federal Administrative Agencies. Executive Orders are generally used to direct federal agencies and officials in their execution of congressionally established laws or policies.
The Emancipation Proclamation was a presidential proclamation and executive order issued by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863. In a single stroke, it changed the federal legal status of more than 3 million enslaved persons in the designated areas of the South from "slave" to "free". It had the practical effect that as soon as a slave escaped the control of the Confederate government, by running away or through advances of federal troops, the slave became legally free. Eventually it reached and liberated all of the designated slaves. It was issued as a war measure during the American Civil War, directed to all of the areas in rebellion and all segments of the executive branch (including the Army and Navy) of the United States.[1]
It proclaimed the freedom of slaves in ten states (excluding Tennessee).[2] Because it was issued under the President's war powers, it necessarily excluded areas not in rebellion - it applied to more than 3 million of the 4 million slaves at the time. The Proclamation was based on the president's constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces;[3] it was not a law passed by Congress. The Proclamation also ordered that suitable persons among those freed could be enrolled into the paid service of United States' forces, and ordered the Union Army (and all segments of the Executive branch) to "recognize and maintain the freedom of" the ex-slaves. The Proclamation did not compensate the owners, did not outlaw slavery, and did not grant citizenship to the ex-slaves (called freedmen). It made the eradication of slavery an explicit war goal, in addition to the goal of reuniting the Union.[4]
Around 20,000 to 50,000 slaves in regions where rebellion had already been subdued were immediately emancipated. It could not be enforced in areas still under rebellion, but as the Union army took control of Confederate regions, the Proclamation provided the legal framework for freeing more than 3 million slaves in those regions.

White Europeans took advantage of and enslaved ignorant primitive black African natives for the better part of four hundred years when they weren't busy enslaving the Irish or the Spanish or any other culture that seemed weak. The flag that flew off the stern of slave ships in the New World for two hundred years wasn't the Confederate stars and bars, it was the Union Jack and the French and Spanish flags and later the Stars and Stripes. The point is that you can't selectively judge 18th century or 19th century racism by 21st century standards.

you're funny.

Executive Orders

• Executive Orders (EOs) are legally binding orders given by the President, acting as the head of the ExecutiveBranch, to Federal Administrative Agencies. Executive Orders are generally used to direct federal agencies and officials in their execution of congressionally established laws or policies.
The Emancipation Proclamation was a presidential proclamation and executive order issued by President Abraham Lincoln on January 1, 1863. In a single stroke, it changed the federal legal status of more than 3 million enslaved persons in the designated areas of the South from "slave" to "free". It had the practical effect that as soon as a slave escaped the control of the Confederate government, by running away or through advances of federal troops, the slave became legally free. Eventually it reached and liberated all of the designated slaves. It was issued as a war measure during the American Civil War, directed to all of the areas in rebellion and all segments of the executive branch (including the Army and Navy) of the United States.[1]
It proclaimed the freedom of slaves in ten states (excluding Tennessee).[2] Because it was issued under the President's war powers, it necessarily excluded areas not in rebellion - it applied to more than 3 million of the 4 million slaves at the time. The Proclamation was based on the president's constitutional authority as commander in chief of the armed forces;[3] it was not a law passed by Congress. The Proclamation also ordered that suitable persons among those freed could be enrolled into the paid service of United States' forces, and ordered the Union Army (and all segments of the Executive branch) to "recognize and maintain the freedom of" the ex-slaves. The Proclamation did not compensate the owners, did not outlaw slavery, and did not grant citizenship to the ex-slaves (called freedmen). It made the eradication of slavery an explicit war goal, in addition to the goal of reuniting the Union.[4]
Around 20,000 to 50,000 slaves in regions where rebellion had already been subdued were immediately emancipated. It could not be enforced in areas still under rebellion, but as the Union army took control of Confederate regions, the Proclamation provided the legal framework for freeing more than 3 million slaves in those regions.

The Executive Branch can't change, nor create Federal law.

Forum List

Back