Zone1 Too Bad That God Promised No More Great Floods

Geology shows a flood footprint or sediment. In Iraq it's 150 miles wide and 350 miles south.
Not arguing that region has not routinely flooded, dummy. I'm arguing the account does not support a routine flooding event.

That's odd because all you want to do is argue with Christians about their faith. So you saying his faith is of no interest to you would only be true if he practiced any religion other than Christianity.
I said his faith is of no interest, not his religion. If he wants to believe in heaven and hell and all that goes with it, fine. I can't prove he's wrong any more than he can prove he's right

I find Christianity a fascinating combination of history, sociology, mythology, allegory, and wisdom. It is our best source to understand the world of 2,000 years ago. I consider Christianity as a human institution just like every other religion/human institution, no better and no worse than any other.

I did tell you why I wasn't going to discuss it with you. Your interpretation was wrong and it made no sense to waste my time arguing with you about it. If you want to take passages and conclude God condones violence and is unloving and uncaring based on texts written by people who believed the exact opposite and not take the time to discover why they believed that, I'm not going to waste my time with someone who will just dismiss everything I say. Your mind is made up. You just want a conflict.
How do you know what the people who wrote the texts believed? Seems to me they celebrated when God condoned violence, maybe because they did too.

I said his faith is of no interest, not his religion.
Faith and religion are pretty much the same thing in the context of these discussions. But I'll make sure to preference all future comments with the phrase "my faith." Since those are apparently the magic words to shut you up.

After spending 30 posts on something that should have only taken two, I'm not that interested in hearing what you find fascinating about Christianity. That ship has sailed.

Last edited:
How do you know what the people who wrote the texts believed? Seems to me they celebrated when God condoned violence, maybe because they did too.
I read the whole book. It's obvious. That you would even question that just shows how difficult you are trying to be.

Seems to me they celebrated when God condoned violence, maybe because they did too.
So is it your belief that God - who you don't believe exists - literally commanded the Hebrews by saying, "hey go kill those bastards and their wives and children too." Or do you believe that was Jewish embellishment? The distinction is important to your argument, you know. Because I'm thinking you don't believe the first and by admitting you believe the second, your house of cards against God collapses. Right?

How many of god’s children need to die to satisfy you?
All those who go after the children at least.

It's way past time to start stockpiling millstones, and chartering boats.

Millstone.jpg

I read the whole book. It's obvious. That you would even question that just shows how difficult you are trying to be.
God commanded Joshua to exterminate everyone in Jericho. Seems to me He condoned that violence and the Jews kept that story alive for millennia. Neither apologized or agonized over the genocide. What did I miss?

God commanded Joshua to exterminate everyone in Jericho. Seems to me He condoned that violence and the Jews kept that story alive for millennia. Neither apologized or agonized over the genocide. What did I miss?
So do you really believe God commanded Joshua or do you believe that was Jewish embellishment?

Isn't it kinda hard to believe that God commanded Joshua if you don't believe God exists?

Jericho is very old, dating back to the Natufians. I think it has eleven layers. There's a spring and a ziggurat. It's been continuously inhabited except during the time of Joshua... The spring dried up.

The Creator has the right to "kill" anyone at any time. In fact, it is the fate that befalls all of us.

Once you really understand that, and know God, an extinction level event is not scary. As the Bible says, this is not our home anyway.

Thank you! Sometimes I find it amazing that God has been as patient with us as He has been. :lol:

I mean, when you look at all the evil people do, and how so many people thumb their nose at God's basic rules.... I'd say people are lucky to get the 80-100 or so years we have been given. :dunno:

Thank you! Sometimes I find it amazing that God has been as patient with us as He has been. :lol:

I mean, when you look at all the evil people do, and how so many people thumb their nose at God's basic rules.... I'd say people are lucky to get the 80-100 or so years we have been given. :dunno:

Jesus says otherwise when the tower of Siloam collapsed.

So is it your belief that God - who you don't believe exists - literally commanded the Hebrews by saying, "hey go kill those bastards and their wives and children too." Or do you believe that was Jewish embellishment? The distinction is important to your argument, you know. Because I'm thinking you don't believe the first and by admitting you believe the second, your house of cards against God collapses. Right?
Right.

Do you believe that it was Jewish embellishment? That distinction is also important, you know. If you don't you're saying the genocide was ordered by the God you believe in. If you do believe that it was Jewish embellishment and the genocide was not God's desire, you're saying the Bible is not the work of God and is not to be trusted and your house of cards for God collapses.

Forum List

Back