Too many white people playing classical music according to the WashPo

Seriously? This is the dumbest thing ever. I also believe it takes someone with a large IQ and intellect to be able to understand classical music and appreciate it. I personally love turning on Wagner and putting my headphones on and just tuning everything out.

It doesn't take a high IQ to appreciate classical music. I know a couple of kids with Downs Syndrome who adore classical music.
Me too.

I frequent classical music concerts, and many members of the orchestra are Asian as well. I hate to comment on articles that only take snippets of an author’s work as most time their comments are taken out of context. But if true, the author is all screwed up and his views are extreme to the max. Not everything is racism.

Last edited:

Seriously? This is the dumbest thing ever. I also believe it takes someone with a large IQ and intellect to be able to understand classical music and appreciate it. I personally love turning on Wagner and putting my headphones on and just tuning everything out.
Sorry, but the classic composers did not leave any rap or raggae music behind suitable for minorities to enjoy

I don't get the attraction but I know it must be there and therefore agree with you, it must be my lack of sophistication [I've always felt that]...classical musicians just have such a succinct way of looking at a musical instrument for the very first time and saying to themselves, "I know exactly what this is suppose to do" and those who enjoy it so must have the ear for music that food and wine tasters have for a palate and I believe that comes from generations of selectiveness and harmony...[I have a tin ear, probably comes from generations of opening oysters with them]...anyway, enjoy your music, like all things so fine it is probably better left the few who really can grasp it.

What the BLM idiots and looney liberal don't know is how orchestra musicians are selected.
The auditioning musicians are assigned a number, and play behind a curtain, so the judges have no idea of the race, age, or gender of the applicant. Thus the hiring process is totally based on their proficiency and technique with the instrument they are playing. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back