Too many white people playing classical music according to the WashPo

Seriously? This is the dumbest thing ever. I also believe it takes someone with a large IQ and intellect to be able to understand classical music and appreciate it. I personally love turning on Wagner and putting my headphones on and just tuning everything out.
Love classics. "Russian Nights", Brahms "Hungarian Dance" , " Blue Danube" list goes on and on.

Much classical music is white, or at least Caucasian. It is the kind of music which happens to be traditional to Europe, including Austria, Hungary, Finland, other countries as well as Italy, although Italians tend not to be that white.

If people are not white, or if they do not wish to associate with classical "white people's" symphony orchestra music as such, there are many other "genres" of music which might be more classical or authentic to other cultures.

The symphony orchestras are too much of a production for me to have much interest in them. When there's too much furniture and people have to get off the property, I don't want to have anything to do with it whatsoever.

What the BLM idiots and looney liberal don't know is how orchestra musicians are selected.
The auditioning musicians are assigned a number, and play behind a curtain, so the judges have no idea of the race, age, or gender of the applicant. Thus the hiring process is totally based on their proficiency and technique with the instrument they are playing. ... :cool:

This common sense you speak of is a direct assault on all things left.

Then there's the classical guitar genre which I love, also called Spanish Guitar.

If you want your mind blown sometime check out Charo playing classical guitar sometime. She was taught by Andres by god Segovia himself. She does Malaguena a lot.

Stop reading the WA PO, it's crap, and go listen to more classical music; even if you're listening to heavy metal you're probably listening to a song ripped off from classical. It influences everything, except degenerate violent rap and hip hop, aimed at morons and rapists.

Got to see Paco de Lucia live a couple of times; he didn't do flamenco, just classical sets and a jazz set when I heard him, though, so I never got to see his best genre. He was as good as Segovia, imo.

Charo was very good, and not just 'for a girl', she could play with most orchestras.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back