Too many white people playing classical music according to the WashPo

One of the best movies of all time!!!

You're kidding, right? That movie sucked big donkey dicks......

You don't surf, too?

Used to........ Forty five years ago........

Actually, Beethoven's 9th is the best introduction to classical music.
Followed by 'Ode to Joy', my little droogie...

My introduction to classical (and opera) was classic Bugs Bunny and the Lone Ranger TV series........ :lol:

Seriously? This is the dumbest thing ever. I also believe it takes someone with a large IQ and intellect to be able to understand classical music and appreciate it. I personally love turning on Wagner and putting my headphones on and just tuning everything out.

I play enough black jazz along with the classical to make up for any imbalance. :auiqs.jpg:

It's illegal for a white person to play black music - cultural appropriation...

You don't surf, too?

My introduction to classical (and opera) was classic Bugs Bunny and the Lone Ranger TV series........ :lol:

Thought so.

It was a purely politically motivated flight of fancy. I'm a Vietnam Era vet and not one person I knew who was there (and I knew quite a few) thought that movie wasn't anything but Bull Shit and hated it.
I saw a documentary about the making of the movie. It took like 10 years and the focus changed dramatically. It started out somewhat realistic, and then slowly devolved into some weirdo fantasy as the directer and actors consumed more and more drugs. ... :cuckoo:

You don't surf, too?

Bugs Bunny?

Seriously? This is the dumbest thing ever. I also believe it takes someone with a large IQ and intellect to be able to understand classical music and appreciate it. I personally love turning on Wagner and putting my headphones on and just tuning everything out.

I play enough black jazz along with the classical to make up for any imbalance. :auiqs.jpg:

It's illegal for a white person to play black music - cultural appropriation...

Tough titty.

You don't surf, too?

Thought so.

Do you realize how many kids were turned on to classical music because of those shows? My dad had hours of reel to reel classical music we listened to along with the top popular singers from the 40s and 50s. Perry Como was one of my mom's favorites. I grew up with all of that before getting seduced by that evil rock and roll....... :D

You don't surf, too?

Bugs Bunny?

Oh come on.

My personal experience was captured in two different movies.
The basic training scenes in the first part of "Full Metal Jacket".
And the division of the soldiers into two groups, the weed heads and the booze hounds, in "Platoon". ... :cool:

The guys I know who were there say that's pretty much how it was.

The whole movie or just the air assault part? Everyone I know said differently about the movie in general.

Mostly the scene with surfing and napalm in the morning:

The guys I know who were there say that's pretty much how it was.

The whole movie or just the air assault part? Everyone I know said differently about the movie in general.

Mostly the scene with surfing and napalm in the morning:

Yeah. I missed it by two weeks when Nixon started the draw down in 73, (I was in A School, San Diego). Including my dad many of my older friends and their fathers had been to Nam, grew up military. One good friend was front gunner on a PBR, said he had three of them blown out from under him the third time was a new, idiot coxswain who was "bumping logs". One log turned out to be covered in enemy captured C-4 studded with detonators, one minute he was down in his tube having a cigarette and the next he was flying through the air wondering what happened.

But I think we've gotten waaaaay of topic..... :)

What we need is a chorus line of Jesus's to help all those Wuhanvirus afflicted Americans!

White people only? Folks, these bassists are masters in their respective genres. On the left is solo Double Bassist Maestro Gary Karr. On the right is Jazz Master Bassist Richard Davis performing Eccles' Sonata. Oh, and did I forget to mention that in 1984, trumpeter Wynton Marsalis won dual Grammies for both Classical AND Jazz? WaPo and BLM can go suck eggs for all I care.

I like classical especially baroque but I'm not so much of an opera fan. Although my firsrt wife was a coloratura soprano and a good friend of mine is a tenor for the San Franciso opera. He's a staunch conservative so go figue that one.
I told my first wife to wait till I was well out of the house before she put her Beverley Sils stuff on.
Handel is my favorite composer.

Victor Borge was a Maestro Pianist and comedian himself. He was also masterful with the baton. His stunning interpretation of DeBussey's "Clair De Lune" brings me to tears. This was my late mother's favorite piece and my favorite classical pianist.

Forum List

Back