Too Much Talk Too Little ACTION

I know what our limitations are. NGs are considered soldiers and part of the armed forces. Many of them went through some of the same qualification schools I went through in the Army. They can be posted today if the Governor wanted to.
Sure, but NG is still a temporary fix. These are civilian citizens who have full time jobs, and taking thousands of them away from those jobs of an unlimited amount of time, would be a major disruption to society.

I'm well aware of the National Guard and its workings. I have an honorable discharge from it.
Temporary or not.....R U willing to risk more attacks just cause the security won't be a permanent solution?

Fear is a poor basis for decision making.

It will be difficult for you, but please try to answer this question honestly:

Is the lack of armed security and/or militarized entry points a root cause of school shootings?

If the answer is no, why are you focused on them?

Desperado has surprised me with his somewhat rational take on the level of risk at the typical American school. You
should listen to what he has to say....up to the point where he bangs on "gun free zones" and supports armed teachers. That shit is
crazy talk and will lead to more casualties on campuses.

American children are safer in their schools today than they are in their own homes.

It is stupid to make schools into fortresses with armed instructors. It will make them more dangerous than they are now.

The kneejerk reaction that dummies have to fortify places instead of keeping weapons out of the hands of homicidal maniacs is lame.

Try harder.
How dumb can USMB posts get ? Every day we find out. I'd say the 17 kids killed at MSDHS were a lot safer in their own homes, than they were in the school. Same applies to those fighting for their lives in the hospital right now. Same applies to the kids killed in all these 108 American school shootings (just within the last 5 years >>

List of school shootings in the United States - Wikipedia

Obviously arming trained/licensed school employees would make them safer than they are now. How anyone can arrive at an idea that it would make them dangerous, is beyond comprehension. Must be just more liberal distorted "thinking"

AS for fortifying places and keeping weapons out of the hands of homicidal maniacs, there is no "instead' involved here. It's not one or the other. Both are necessary, but fortifying is the immediate problem. The gun control part has merit too, but it's a longer range fix that will take time.

There is NO TIME available for protecting. securing schools. A shooter could be on his way to one right this minute.

Fear is a poor foundation for sound decision making. Kids are perfectly safe in schools today. They would remain safe from shooters if we
made it impossible for nuts to get guns.

Use your head and don't cave into that fear. The remainder of your putrid existence will be happier and more productive.

Desperado has surprised me with his somewhat rational take on the level of risk at the typical American school. You
should listen to what he has to say....up to the point where he bangs on "gun free zones" and supports armed teachers. That shit is
There is absolutely zero evidence that armed security in schools is dangerous or leads to casualties. Quite the contrary, where adequate security is in place, violence has been deterred or stopped. (ex, LAX shooting, July 4, 2002)

I suppose your crazy talk is some looney leftist yammering that leftist hear and believe, no matter how absurd it is.

As for gun free zones, these abominations have been partially responsible for scores of deaths in shooting attacks in America, where inhabitants were unarmed (disarmed), and left defenseless, by the fools who suggest this idiotic idea.

I'm going to pose a speculation. I'll guess that liberals are opposed to good guys carrying guns, because they simply are so clueless and unfamiliar with guns, that they are scared shit of them. That's their problem. They need to get oriented, and stop endangering (and killing ) people with moronic ideas like gun free zones, and not arming schools for self-protection.

As for fear, it is a perfectly sound reason for decision making. It is why we have military, police forces, and security officers who save lives.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

th
Ahmed Mohammed Hadayet - shot dead by a security guard. Hadayet had 250 rounds of ammunition, and the airport was filled with people. if not for the armed guard, the airport would have been a bloodbath. This is one example among millions.

Last edited:
There is absolutely zero evidence that armed security in schools is dangerous or leads to casualties. Quite the contrary, where adequate security is in place, violence has been deterred or stopped. (ex, LAX shooting, July 4, 2002)

I suppose your crazy talk is some looney leftist yammering that leftist her and believe, no matter how absurd it is.

As for gun free zones, these abominations have been partially responsible for scores of deaths in shooting attacks in America, where inhabitants were unarmed (disarmed) and left defenseless, by the fools who suggest this idiotic idea.

I'm ging to pose a speculation. I'll guess that liberals are opposed to good guys carrying guns because they simply are so clueless and unfamiliar with guns that they are scared shit of them. That's their problem. they need to get oriented, and stop endangering (and killing ) people with moronic ideas like gun free zones, and not arming schools for self-protection.

I own a gun and have a CC permit. Idiot.

You are a dummy...which is why you are supporting dumb ideas. And you are a crazy person....which is why you think more guns will lead to
fewer gun deaths.

Because, no offense, you seem to want the perfect solution and not the quicker solution.
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm for arming the schools TODAY. (a shooter could be on his way to one right this minute)

You are a dummy...which is why you are supporting dumb ideas. And you are a crazy person....which is why you think more guns will lead to
fewer gun deaths.
You are an idiot (or a lunatic), because you think more guns (in the hands of the right people) will lead to more deaths. Of course, that is exactly what it will prevent.

It's hard to imagine what drives you to think such bizarre thoughts. You are as dangerous as the shooters themselves. Your moronic gun-free zone approach has killed hundreds of people in America.

Thankfully, the issue is being dealt with properly right now. By hardening the schools immediately, with armed security, and meritable gun control measures, with time.

Well, if you have a grassroots action plan, I'm all ears. Seriously.
You just heard it - in the OP. You did read it ?
Okay. Trained armed personnel at every school. In Texas, it is one for every four hundred students. I think Florida has gone the immediate route and armed security is being posted at every school. Not 100% sure though.
If your state doesn't have it, talk to your legislature.

I suppose your crazy talk is some looney leftist yammering that leftist her and believe, no matter how absurd it is.

As for gun free zones, these abominations have been partially responsible for scores of deaths in shooting attacks in America, where inhabitants were unarmed (disarmed) and left defenseless, by the fools who suggest this idiotic idea.

I'm ging to pose a speculation. I'll guess that liberals are opposed to good guys carrying guns because they simply are so clueless and unfamiliar with guns that they are scared shit of them. That's their problem. they need to get oriented, and stop endangering (and killing ) people with moronic ideas like gun free zones, and not arming schools for self-protection.

fewer gun deaths.
The Parkland incident proves that the police are no longer there to protect you.
Their in-action lost them any credbility they had. Have to have some way to protect
the kids before the police arrive. Also get rid of the No Gun zones, those are just invintations to the shooters

fewer gun deaths.
The Parkland incident proves that the police are no longer there to protect you.
Their in-action lost them any credbility they had. Have to have some way to protect
the kids before the police arrive. Also get rid of the No Gun zones, those are just invintations to the shooters

Bullshit.

fewer gun deaths.

Bullshit.
Really, such a great come back.
You say you have a CC permit, now if you were at that school and you saw the shooter before the police arrived, would you protect the kids and take him down or hide behind a wall

fewer gun deaths.

Bullshit.
You say you have a CC permit, now if you were at that school and you saw the shooter before the police arrived, would you protect the kids and take him down or hide behind a wall

Don't be an ass.

No gun zones save lives. Period.

fewer gun deaths.

Bullshit.

Don't be an ass.

Now I will quote you: BULLSHIT
Now answer my last post

fewer gun deaths.

Bullshit.

Don't be an ass.

Now I will quote you: BULLSHIT
Now answer my last post

Why? It's a hypothetical that I couldn't possibly answer with knowledge. Neither could you.

Everyone in America needs to stop talking about assault weapons, mental health, et al gun control measures, and start ACTING on school safety, and I mean NOW. As I'm posting this, a school shooter could be on his way to some school, who in conjunction with the Crime Control Act of 1990 (which enacted "gun-free zones"), can do as he pleases, with little ot no opposition. Rep. Massey (R-KY) has proposed a repeal of the 1990 CCA, to abolish ludicrous/dangerous gun-free zones, and thereby harden schools to become protective of their inhabitants.

The schools must populated with a staff of well-armed, well-trained guards, who can DEFEND them instantly, in those first critical minutes, while police RESPONDERS are on the road en route to the school (if a call to them has even been able to be made). The schools must also be equipped with security systems (cameras, monitors, alarms, locks, etc) as good as any airport or courtroom.

These ACTIONS must happen RIGHT NOW. Any delay could result in more deaths, as gun-free zone policy has already repeatedly caused. Gun control legislation might be feasible also, but it is the school protection that is first and foremost.

I'm good with more trained guards ...
But government jackboots don't get to tell local school school boards that they must arm teachers.
You can wish and hope until your ears turn purple and that'll never happen on a broad scale.

Everyone in America needs to stop talking about assault weapons, mental health, et al gun control measures, and start ACTING on school safety, and I mean NOW. As I'm posting this, a school shooter could be on his way to some school, who in conjunction with the Crime Control Act of 1990 (which enacted "gun-free zones"), can do as he pleases, with little ot no opposition. Rep. Massey (R-KY) has proposed a repeal of the 1990 CCA, to abolish ludicrous/dangerous gun-free zones, and thereby harden schools to become protective of their inhabitants.

The schools must populated with a staff of well-armed, well-trained guards, who can DEFEND them instantly, in those first critical minutes, while police RESPONDERS are on the road en route to the school (if a call to them has even been able to be made). The schools must also be equipped with security systems (cameras, monitors, alarms, locks, etc) as good as any airport or courtroom.

These ACTIONS must happen RIGHT NOW. Any delay could result in more deaths, as gun-free zone policy has already repeatedly caused. Gun control legislation might be feasible also, but it is the school protection that is first and foremost.
Rather than arming teachers, use retired military volunteers; we're familiar with various weapons, will go toward the danger, not wait outside and take the idea of protecting students seriously.

Okay. Trained armed personnel at every school. In Texas, it is one for every four hundred students. I think Florida has gone the immediate route and armed security is being posted at every school. Not 100% sure though.
If your state doesn't have it, talk to your legislature.
My legislature is advocating training/arming school employees (overwhelmingly)

Excuse me but YOU posted this

Talk is action

If that is not drawing an equivalency what is?
Talking to elected representitives, and public protest is action. No time for gotcha games. You're excused. Present ideas.

Forum List

Back