Top 8% Own 85%

Can someone please tell me how a rich guy has ever stopped anyone of you from earning more, owning more, or anythig else?
I know some very wealthy people. Everyone of them worked/works their ass off. Everyone of them employees people.
The top 20% of taxpayers pay about 80% of all Federal income tax.
About 50% of employed people don't pay a fucking dime in Federal income tax.
That leaves about 30% of employed people who pay the remaining 20% of Federal income taxes.
Do the math everyone!

Of course they pay most the taxes, they take all the money.

Only welfare people "take" money. People who have more earn money.

Do they really? Through suppressing employee wages? Shipping jobs overseas? Importing foreign workers?

Can someone please tell me how a rich guy has ever stopped anyone of you from earning more, owning more, or anythig else?

By keeping wages flat for decades and transferring those savings into their accounts.View attachment 70629

So you have absolutely no ability to earn more money because some rich guy is keeping you down?

I didn't say that at all. That's your absolutist bullshit. Everyone could certainly improve their lot in life.

The question was how earning more is prevented and I provided an example. Is that inaccurate?

OK so you just said anyone can improve their lot in life by making more money then you say they can't because some rich guy is not allowing them to get paid more
The rich guys are working hard to hold everyone else down. That isn't good for an economy.

The rich guys don't have the ability to hold anybody down. No rich people ever held me down, I wonder why you and not me?

I know some very wealthy people. Everyone of them worked/works their ass off. Everyone of them employees people.
That leaves about 30% of employed people who pay the remaining 20% of Federal income taxes.
Do the math everyone!

Do they really? Through suppressing employee wages? Shipping jobs overseas? Importing foreign workers?

However they do it, it's still their money whether you like it or not.

By keeping wages flat for decades and transferring those savings into their accounts.View attachment 70629

So you have absolutely no ability to earn more money because some rich guy is keeping you down?

I didn't say that at all. That's your absolutist bullshit. Everyone could certainly improve their lot in life.

The question was how earning more is prevented and I provided an example. Is that inaccurate?

OK so you just said anyone can improve their lot in life by making more money then you say they can't because some rich guy is not allowing them to get paid more
The rich guys are working hard to hold everyone else down. That isn't good for an economy.

The rich guys don't have the ability to hold anybody down. No rich people ever held me down, I wonder why you and not me?

I already posted several examples of large corps illegally suppressing wages.

Do the math everyone!

And it is slowing our economy which hurts us all.

The Conservative Version of the Economy

12923217_961685367213605_5324637063308611041_n.jpg

Says you. The possibilities are only limited by your desire and you obviously have none

Don't pretend to know me because I hold this opinion. I do just fine but I am also able to recognize a problem that affects us all. You on the other hand choose to live in a bubble of denial seeing only yourself.

It's not affecting me nor my ability to earn
Yes it is. You are just ignorant of how it is.

Really how?

I can earn as much as I want because I do not work for someone else
I never let anyone tell me how much I could or couldn't earn
the question is why do you?

Like I said anyone can earn more money starting tomorrow if they want to.

Could you earn more in a stronger economy?

Maybe but like I said before I've found that my personal economy has more to do with my work ethic than anything else.

Don't pretend to know me because I hold this opinion. I do just fine but I am also able to recognize a problem that affects us all. You on the other hand choose to live in a bubble of denial seeing only yourself.

Really how?

Maybe but like I said before I've found that my personal economy has more to do with my work ethic than anything else.

You have more control over your personal economy. We are all hurt however by a slow economy and too much inequality slows an economy.

The "system" is rigged, for the wealthiest to stay the wealthiest... if you can not recognize this, then you are blind, and willfully ignorant.

One of the greatest things about being in a country like this is you can be anybody you want.

If you don't need much, are lazy, and don't care about your future, you can not work and be poor.

If you have more ambition, you can be middle-class. That means you have to go go work everyday however. You probably need a skill or trade to get by, but it can be done.

If you want to live better than middle-class, then you need to open up your own business, get an advanced education, and work night and day.

And of course, if you want to be wealthy, you must do some of the things above and more, such as invest every spare dollar and dime you have. You will need to give up all those extras and focus on money only. You need to educate yourself on the stock market, real estate, the commodities market, foreign markets and so on.

But it's all up to the individual and you have to start very early in life.

Completely naive and poorly thought out. While everyone can certainly improve their lot in life, it's ridiculous to think that everyone has an equal opportunity to earn even an above average level of success let alone make it into the highest percentiles. There simply aren't enough high paying positions for that to even be possible. The idea that if people only worked hard and were diligent enough, they too could hit it big is foolish. The higher the income the more exclusive the club becomes. Why is that? Because everyone can't be a chief, the world needs Indians and a lot of them. I'm fine with that dynamic. It's the way the Indians are treated, often times unfairly and for the benefit of the chiefs, that is the problem.

So who says you have to be part of that tribe?

It's the same old argument about CEO's. If you think CEO's get paid too much money and don't do any work, why don't you become a CEO yourself? Of course the answer is because it's not that easy. It takes a lot of education, a lot of experience, a lot of getting to know politicians, a lot of getting fired from jobs, a lot of packing up your bags and traveling.

I have several people in my family that don't work for anybody. One Uncle (now retired) was a carpenter. Another Uncle ran his own remodeling business. Two of my cousins own their own remodeling business. My one cousin is an artist and runs his own business.

If you really believe that employers are taking advantage of you, then the solution is to simply work for yourself. Take up a construction trade. Learn how to be a plumber, an electrician, a bricklayer. Take courses in HVAC and work for yourself. There are a lot of things you can do besides work for somebody else.

And that does not stop you or anyone else from making more money whenever you want
Besides you do realize that settlement was a pittance to those companies and they most likely setlled not because of any guilt but that taking the issue to trial would have cost orders of magnitude more

Really how?

You have more control over your personal economy. We are all hurt however by a slow economy and too much inequality slows an economy.

So now is it wages being held down by the rich guy or the economy that you're using as an excuse now?

The "system" is rigged, for the wealthiest to stay the wealthiest... if you can not recognize this, then you are blind, and willfully ignorant.

One of the greatest things about being in a country like this is you can be anybody you want.

If you don't need much, are lazy, and don't care about your future, you can not work and be poor.

If you have more ambition, you can be middle-class. That means you have to go go work everyday however. You probably need a skill or trade to get by, but it can be done.

If you want to live better than middle-class, then you need to open up your own business, get an advanced education, and work night and day.

And of course, if you want to be wealthy, you must do some of the things above and more, such as invest every spare dollar and dime you have. You will need to give up all those extras and focus on money only. You need to educate yourself on the stock market, real estate, the commodities market, foreign markets and so on.

Completely naive and poorly thought out. While everyone can certainly improve their lot in life, it's ridiculous to think that everyone has an equal opportunity to earn even an above average level of success let alone make it into the highest percentiles. There simply aren't enough high paying positions for that to even be possible. The idea that if people only worked hard and were diligent enough, they too could hit it big is foolish. The higher the income the more exclusive the club becomes. Why is that? Because everyone can't be a chief, the world needs Indians and a lot of them. I'm fine with that dynamic. It's the way the Indians are treated, often times unfairly and for the benefit of the chiefs, that is the problem.

It's the same old argument about CEO's. If you think CEO's get paid too much money and don't do any work, why don't you become a CEO yourself? Of course the answer is because it's not that easy. It takes a lot of education, a lot of experience, a lot of getting to know politicians, a lot of getting fired from jobs, a lot of packing up your bags and traveling.

I have several people in my family that don't work for anybody. One Uncle (now retired) was a carpenter. Another Uncle ran his own remodeling business. Two of my cousins own their own remodeling business. My one cousin is an artist and runs his own business.

If you really believe that employers are taking advantage of you, then the solution is to simply work for yourself. Take up a construction trade. Learn how to be a plumber, an electrician, a bricklayer. Take courses in HVAC and work for yourself. There are a lot of things you can do besides work for somebody else.

That simple yet wages are stagnant. Think we are a country of idiots, or is it not that easy?

Do the math everyone!

What's slowing our economy are the illegals and foreigners that come here and work for lower wages. What's slowing our economy is that we have over 93 million Americans of working age that are not working nor looking for a job. What's slowing our economy is government and their regulations. But the biggest thing slowing down our economy is that we consumers will not support American workers. We will buy the cheapest of just about anything to save a buck.

And that does not stop you or anyone else from making more money whenever you want
Besides you do realize that settlement was a pittance to those companies and they most likely setlled not because of any guilt but that taking the issue to trial would have cost orders of magnitude more

They didn't get rich throwing away millions. They were guilty and got caught, I'm sure most don't get caught.

That simple yet wages are stagnant. Think we are a country of idiots, or is it not that easy?

So if you want higher wages, make yourself worth more money to employers. If you believe all employers are offering substandard wages, then work for yourself. Buy a couple of lawnmowers, a trailer and hook it up to your SUV and mow lawns for a living.

What's slowing our economy are the illegals and foreigners that come here and work for lower wages. What's slowing our economy is that we have over 93 million Americans of working age that are not working nor looking for a job. What's slowing our economy is government and their regulations. But the biggest thing slowing down our economy is that we consumers will not support American workers. We will buy the cheapest of just about anything to save a buck.

Wages are stagnant, of course people are cheap. An economy slows when there is too much inequality.

So if you want higher wages, make yourself worth more money to employers. If you believe all employers are offering substandard wages, then work for yourself. Buy a couple of lawnmowers, a trailer and hook it up to your SUV and mow lawns for a living.

You didn't answer my question.

Forum List

Back