Top Candy makers scrub Easter from packaging

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Grocery store aisles are lined with chocolate candy bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow Peeps, but one thing is missing–the word “Easter.” Hershey’s, M&M’s, Lindor, Russell Stover, Dove, Rolo, and Twix have all produced Easter themed candy without mentioning the word on the front of their candy, according to a press release from the Liberty Counsel. “Just as companies were trying to profit from Christmas while ignoring the reason for the celebration, now
Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging
---------------------------------------------------------

Liberal ass kissing Corporations are to low on the IQ chart to realize if you keep taking away what
America is all about YOU WON'T have an AMERICA .

The loss of your own free will is being stripped and half you idiots can't even pick up on that.

Grocery store aisles are lined with chocolate candy bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow Peeps, but one thing is missing–the word “Easter.” Hershey’s, M&M’s, Lindor, Russell Stover, Dove, Rolo, and Twix have all produced Easter themed candy without mentioning the word on the front of their candy, according to a press release from the Liberty Counsel. “Just as companies were trying to profit from Christmas while ignoring the reason for the celebration, now

Liberal ass kissing Corporations are to low on the IQ chart to realize if you keep taking away what

The loss of your own free will is being stripped and half you idiots can't even pick up on that.
America isn't about the Easter Bunny.

Yes it is-------the Easter bunny-----and the basket and the bonnet -----and
pastel nylon dresses

Yes it is-------the Easter bunny-----and the basket and the bonnet -----and
pastel nylon dresses
You forgot the gloves and new patent leather shoes.

As a Sunday School teacher I cannot tell you how inappropriate and offensive eggs, candy and rabbits are as Easter symbols. The ONLY appropriate symbol of a Christian Easter is the Cross on which Jesus suffered and died.

Candy, eggs and rabbits are symbols of a pagan fertility festival and have NOTHING to do with Christianity.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's funny that you complain about the low IQ of others, and call others idiots, yet use the word "to" when you should use "too,", then say "The loss of your own free will is being stripped," which would seem to indicate someone no longer losing free will.

;)

As a Sunday School teacher I cannot tell you how inappropriate and offensive eggs, candy and rabbits are as Easter symbols. The ONLY appropriate symbol of a Christian Easter is the Cross on which Jesus suffered and died.

Candy, eggs and rabbits are symbols of a pagan fertility festival and have NOTHING to do with Christianity.

So no Easter baskets for your kids? No Santa Claus and Christmas trees either? That's just good fun for the children, isn't it?

:eusa_shhh:

So no Easter baskets for your kids? No Santa Claus and Christmas trees either? That's just good fun for the children, isn't it?

I certainly don't want to speak for Dragonlady, but Santa and the Easter Bunny have always seemed to be somewhat cheap and degrading to me, at least in relation to the religious nature of the holidays involved. Elves building toys for good children, a fat man flying a sleigh with magical reindeer to deliver those presents, what do they have to do with the birth of the son of God? A sentient rabbit delivering chocolate eggs and baskets of jelly beans has what to do with the resurrection?

I agree that, for young children, these traditions are a fun way to celebrate the holidays. However, they do not seem very Christian traditions, with the embracing of magic and refocusing of the holidays from Christ to these created, mystical beings. I can understand how Christians might find them offensive, or at least not incorporate them into their own holiday celebrations.

I plan on eating candy with the little one I nanny tomorrow, though. :D

No Easter Baskets for my kids. We do have a Christmas tree and Santa Clause, but Christmas is a celebration, a birthday party and we do have an angel on our tree. While it is somewhat hypocritical, there is a religious component to our decorations - Creches, stars, angels, and our celebrations - singing carols, talking about baby Jesus, Easter is a whole different kind of holiday.

Easter is a solemn reflection on the sacrifice the Lord made for our sins. It is a sober and solemn reflection of our own lives, and on the meaning of God's forgiveness of our sins. These reflections are sober reminders of our faith, and should not be trivialized with pagan symbols with absolutely no connection to the true meaning of Easter.

A Jewish man at my office once said he didn't think that Easter was a very big Christian holiday because there was a kid's hockey tourament that weekend and no one would ever schedule a hockey tournament on Christmas. I pointed out to him that not only was Easter a HUGE Christian holiday it was THE Christian holiday. That it is the belief in the Crucifiction and Resurrection which is the basis of our belief that Jesus is the Son of God, and what separates in Christians from Jews and Muslims, because we all believe in the teachings of the Old Testament.

So, no matter the deflections by the left, the question remains. Why take the word Easter out of the packaging?

Christmas wasn't originally a Christian holiday or Christ's birthday. I think the Christians just stole it, I think.
I've never been able to figure out just what the hell's going on with Easter bunnies and shit

So, no matter the deflections by the left, the question remains. Why take the word Easter out of the packaging?

Because the left believe words hurt. No matter how many centuries folks have went about saying 'Easter' with no harm to anyone. Now they feel it needs to go on the growing list of words that must not be said

Mmmmmmm... marshmallow bunnies

Those things are GROSS. They taste awful. I will admit to eating chocolate rabbits, eggs - Cadbury's Easter Creme Eggs, Lindt Gold Bunnies, anything from Godiva.

But I don't consider them being a symbol of Easter. I usually wait until after Easter when they go on sale (same with Valentines Day). I love me some chocolate bunny ears.

Mmmmmmm... marshmallow bunnies

Those things are GROSS. They taste awful. I will admit to eating chocolate rabbits, eggs - Cadbury's Easter Creme Eggs, Lindt Gold Bunnies, anything from Godiva.

But I don't consider them being a symbol of Easter. I usually wait until after Easter when they go on sale (same with Valentines Day). I love me some chocolate bunny ears.

I'll take your marshmallow bunnies! Yum. :D

Forum List

Back