Top Candy makers scrub Easter from packaging

Grocery store aisles are lined with chocolate candy bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow Peeps, but one thing is missing–the word “Easter.” Hershey’s, M&M’s, Lindor, Russell Stover, Dove, Rolo, and Twix have all produced Easter themed candy without mentioning the word on the front of their candy, according to a press release from the Liberty Counsel. “Just as companies were trying to profit from Christmas while ignoring the reason for the celebration, now
Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging
---------------------------------------------------------

Liberal ass kissing Corporations are to low on the IQ chart to realize if you keep taking away what
America is all about YOU WON'T have an AMERICA .

The loss of your own free will is being stripped and half you idiots can't even pick up on that.
America isn't about the Easter Bunny.
No, but it is about traditions, and the left is trying hard to kill everyone of them.

As a Sunday School teacher I cannot tell you how inappropriate and offensive eggs, candy and rabbits are as Easter symbols. The ONLY appropriate symbol of a Christian Easter is the Cross on which Jesus suffered and died.

Candy, eggs and rabbits are symbols of a pagan fertility festival and have NOTHING to do with Christianity.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So no Easter baskets for your kids? No Santa Claus and Christmas trees either? That's just good fun for the children, isn't it?

No Easter Baskets for my kids. We do have a Christmas tree and Santa Clause, but Christmas is a celebration, a birthday party and we do have an angel on our tree. While it is somewhat hypocritical, there is a religious component to our decorations - Creches, stars, angels, and our celebrations - singing carols, talking about baby Jesus, Easter is a whole different kind of holiday.

Easter is a solemn reflection on the sacrifice the Lord made for our sins. It is a sober and solemn reflection of our own lives, and on the meaning of God's forgiveness of our sins. These reflections are sober reminders of our faith, and should not be trivialized with pagan symbols with absolutely no connection to the true meaning of Easter.

A Jewish man at my office once said he didn't think that Easter was a very big Christian holiday because there was a kid's hockey tourament that weekend and no one would ever schedule a hockey tournament on Christmas. I pointed out to him that not only was Easter a HUGE Christian holiday it was THE Christian holiday. That it is the belief in the Crucifiction and Resurrection which is the basis of our belief that Jesus is the Son of God, and what separates in Christians from Jews and Muslims, because we all believe in the teachings of the Old Testament.
As a Sunday School teacher I cannot tell you how inappropriate and offensive eggs, candy and rabbits are as Easter symbols. The ONLY appropriate symbol of a Christian Easter is the Cross on which Jesus suffered and died.

Candy, eggs and rabbits are symbols of a pagan fertility festival and have NOTHING to do with Christianity.

So no Easter baskets for your kids? No Santa Claus and Christmas trees either? That's just good fun for the children, isn't it?

No Easter Baskets for my kids. We do have a Christmas tree and Santa Clause, but Christmas is a celebration, a birthday party and we do have an angel on our tree. While it is somewhat hypocritical, there is a religious component to our decorations - Creches, stars, angels, and our celebrations - singing carols, talking about baby Jesus, Easter is a whole different kind of holiday.

Easter is a solemn reflection on the sacrifice the Lord made for our sins. It is a sober and solemn reflection of our own lives, and on the meaning of God's forgiveness of our sins. These reflections are sober reminders of our faith, and should not be trivialized with pagan symbols with absolutely no connection to the true meaning of Easter.

A Jewish man at my office once said he didn't think that Easter was a very big Christian holiday because there was a kid's hockey tourament that weekend and no one would ever schedule a hockey tournament on Christmas. I pointed out to him that not only was Easter a HUGE Christian holiday it was THE Christian holiday. That it is the belief in the Crucifiction and Resurrection which is the basis of our belief that Jesus is the Son of God, and what separates in Christians from Jews and Muslims, because we all believe in the teachings of the Old Testament.
I get that.

As a Catholic I learned that Jesus died for our sins. I understood the meaning of Easter and I had fun with Easter eggs, baskets and chocolate rabbits. It's possible to do both.

Christmas wasn't originally a Christian holiday or Christ's birthday. I think the Christians just stole it, I think.
I've never been able to figure out just what the hell's going on with Easter bunnies and shit
They kinda stole Easter, too. Passover (the Last Supper was a Seder, remember) is when the Spring Solstice also is. So when Christ died during Passover, the church later associated it with pagan Spring Solstice rites so people would feel more familiar with it. Rabbits and eggs are fertility symbols celebrated in hopes of a good coming crop. Very old stuff.

Grocery store aisles are lined with chocolate candy bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow Peeps, but one thing is missing–the word “Easter.” Hershey’s, M&M’s, Lindor, Russell Stover, Dove, Rolo, and Twix have all produced Easter themed candy without mentioning the word on the front of their candy, according to a press release from the Liberty Counsel. “Just as companies were trying to profit from Christmas while ignoring the reason for the celebration, now

Liberal ass kissing Corporations are to low on the IQ chart to realize if you keep taking away what

The loss of your own free will is being stripped and half you idiots can't even pick up on that.
No, but it is about traditions, and the left is trying hard to kill everyone of them.
I'm sorry you believe that. I don't think it's true. I do think a lot of people who do not mean well, like the OP, throw bombs like this to get people all emotional and enraged at a group who by and large wishes no one any harm.

AND AS A GENERAL NOTE TO ALL: Marshmallow Peeps are awesome after 5 seconds in the microwave.
Happy Easter, everyone!

My son does eat several chocolate crosses..

Christmas wasn't originally a Christian holiday or Christ's birthday. I think the Christians just stole it, I think.
I've never been able to figure out just what the hell's going on with Easter bunnies and shit
They kinda stole Easter, too. Passover (the Last Supper was a Seder, remember) is when the Spring Solstice also is. So when Christ died during Passover, the church later associated it with pagan Spring Solstice rites so people would feel more familiar with it. Rabbits and eggs are fertility symbols celebrated in hopes of a good coming crop. Very old stuff.
The Greeks had their Persephone.

I'm sorry you believe that. I don't think it's true. I do think a lot of people who do not mean well, like the OP, throw bombs like this to get people all emotional and enraged at a group who by and large wishes no one any harm.

AND AS A GENERAL NOTE TO ALL: Marshmallow Peeps are awesome after 5 seconds in the microwave.
Happy Easter, everyone!
How can you think we are not about traditions? Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, memorial day, July 4th, Christmas, new years day, labor day, Football, super bowls, father and son things, mother and daughter girl things, Nascar, just to name a few traditions.

As a Catholic I learned that Jesus died for our sins. I understood the meaning of Easter and I had fun with Easter eggs, baskets and chocolate rabbits. It's possible to do both.

Did you attend a Catholic school?

For Protestant Children in public schools, there is no daily reinforcement of the importance of Easter. The Catholic cross shows Jesus suffering on the cross. The Protestant cross is an empty cross, symbolizing Jesus' resurrection and his victory over death.

Children attending religious school get better re-inforcement on the meaning of Christmas and Easter. Children in public schools do not, and while I don't make a big deal about pagan trappings of Easter, I do have family traditions which are both Christian and enjoyable.

Happy Easter, everyone!
How can you think we are not about traditions? Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, memorial day, July 4th, Christmas, new years day, labor day, Football, super bowls, father and son things, mother and daughter girl things, Nascar, just to name a few traditions.
That's not the part I was disagreeing with, Mike. Traditions are awesome. I don't believe the other part---that the left is trying hard to kill everyone of them.

I see a lot of candy, and the word Easter is plastered on them.. I will really be looking Monday for the marked down Easter candy...

Happy Easter, everyone!
That's not the part I was disagreeing with, Mike. Traditions are awesome. I don't believe the other part---that the left is trying hard to kill everyone of them.
Well I see it and so do a lot of others. Perhaps you don't thing the wayc ertain things are being changed is an attack by the left. :)

I think if I found Easter candies as offensive as Dragonlady, I wouldn't be snarfin em up.
As an aside with Old Lady... put three or four regular marshmallows on a saucer and nuke for twenty seconds... it's yummy like taffy.
Peeps are not for human consumption

Happy Easter, everyone!
Well I see it and so do a lot of others. Perhaps you don't thing the wayc ertain things are being changed is an attack by the left. :)
I live in such a backwater that maybe there isn't much change to see. I know lots of lefties; sometimes I'm one, and I have no wish to interfere with anyone's traditions and neither does anyone I know. That's true. I think it's mostly true everywhere. Whatever the reason for taking "Easter" off candy packages, it is certainly not to disestablish Easter as a tradition. My goodness.

Happy Easter, everyone!
I live in such a backwater that maybe there isn't much change to see. I know lots of lefties; sometimes I'm one, and I have no wish to interfere with anyone's traditions and neither does anyone I know. That's true. I think it's mostly true everywhere. Whatever the reason for taking "Easter" off candy packages, it is certainly not to disestablish Easter as a tradition. My goodness.
It reminds me of when the kids were toddlers, crying and stomping cause things weren't done to please them by a private corporation..

I think if I found Easter candies as offensive as Dragonlady, I wouldn't be snarfin em up.
As an aside with Old Lady... put three or four regular marshmallows on a saucer and nuke for twenty seconds... it's yummy like taffy.
Peeps are not for human consumption
You don't like that sandy outer coating, huh? If you open a package of Peeps, you gotta eat them all, because they'll be rock hard by the next day. Fortunately, that's no problem for me.

Happy Easter, everyone!
It reminds me of when the kids were toddlers, crying and stomping cause things weren't done to please them by a private corporation..
"by a private corporation?"

Happy Easter, everyone!
What I and many others think it is, is an attack on Christianity.

Forum List

Back