Top Candy makers scrub Easter from packaging

They hate this country's history and traditions.
NO THEY DON'T. That is the enemy talking, Mac. Don't be fooled.
Here's what I wonder (and I'm a comfy agnostic, by the way):

What is it about Christianity that makes the Left so desperate to stamp out any sign of it whatsoever, even though it has been a clear and large part of our society for generation after generation after generation?

Is there something about it that causes some kind of anxiety or physical reaction so profound that there is some significant discomfort?

And let's not confuse regular tradition with what is and what is not in the Constitution - I'm told by the Left that that horrible document was written by rich white slave rapists, so I don't want to play that game.

What is it, and how bad are the symptoms of seeing it in the public square? Serious question.
I can tell you what it is. According the the constitution, we are all born with certain inalienable rights that are given to us by our creator at birth. That creator being God. Now if you destroy Christianity, prove (however) there is no God, then how can we have rights that are given to us at the time of birth? Rights that we all come with? Now if that's the case then naturally all of our "rights" will be defined as whatever a repressive government says they are. That's why. Of course no regressive gas bag will ever admit that nor will any sorry assed politicians.
Well, that's as good an answer as any so far.
It's likely the only answer you can get that is close to the truth. What other reason could there be that makes the left hate Christians so much? THE USA has been a world power for a long time and much of that comes from the strength of its people, who were mostly Christian. Take away that bond, the unity, and what is left? What possible reason could regressives have to hate people gathering once a week in churches across the land?

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

Well, are candy companies run by the Regressive left, then? Or are there so many members of the Regressive left that candy companies feel they will make more money pandering to that demographic? So far as I can see there is no law or regulation requiring Easter to be removed from candy wrapping (assuming this report is, in fact, true) and I haven't seen or heard of any calls for candy companies to remove mention of Easter from their candy. That then begs the question of why you assume that the Regressive left is responsible for this?
Please see post 60.

Who, candy companies?
Notice the fail that this one provides when he attempts to play pretend like all regressives do.
I call that technique the Isolation strategy.

When a story like this pops up, they pretend not to see that it's part of a much larger picture, an example of a much larger behavior.

So they isolate it down to its smallest possible individual piece in an effort to make it absurd in its smallness.

They're very good at it, very practiced.
They were good at it. It fails every time now. They just can't believe it doesn't work anymore, just like they can't believe Trump beat them.

Who, candy companies?
Notice the fail that this one provides when he attempts to play pretend like all regressives do.

And you know I am a regressive based on a single question asked in a thread, do you? :lol:
Who knows, perhaps you're just pretending to be one for the purposes of this thread.

Don't know, don't care. Just pointing out the example.

Who, candy companies?

When a story like this pops up, they pretend not to see that it's part of a much larger picture, an example of a much larger behavior.

So they isolate it down to its smallest possible individual piece in an effort to make it absurd in its smallness.

They were good at it. It fails every time now. They just can't believe it doesn't work anymore, just like they can't believe Trump beat them.
I'm still hoping one or two of them will give me a direct an honest answer.

What is it about Christianity that makes the Left so desperate to stamp out any sign of it whatsoever, even though it has been a clear and large part of our society for generation after generation after generation?

Is there something about it that causes some kind of anxiety or physical reaction so profound that there is some significant discomfort?

And let's not confuse regular tradition with what is and what is not in the Constitution - I'm told by the Left that that horrible document was written by rich white slave rapists, so I don't want to play that game.

What is it, and how bad are the symptoms of seeing it in the public square? Serious question.
I will bring sorrow into my Easter recalling this thread. You are listening to individual extremist voices and letting them have the power over what the left is actually about. I imagine one of the things that makes some lefties quite nervous is that the Christians want to stop legal abortion and be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals based on their religious beliefs. That may be why some extremists who weren't raised properly are attacking others' religion.
I have never heard anyone say the C was a horrible document. You know full well that Democrats don't believe that. Don't let ridiculous voices turn half the country into your enemy. It isn't true.

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

Well, are candy companies run by the Regressive left, then? Or are there so many members of the Regressive left that candy companies feel they will make more money pandering to that demographic? So far as I can see there is no law or regulation requiring Easter to be removed from candy wrapping (assuming this report is, in fact, true) and I haven't seen or heard of any calls for candy companies to remove mention of Easter from their candy. That then begs the question of why you assume that the Regressive left is responsible for this?
I see your pretend here, but as usual it has failed. Large companies are ran by whomever, and they try hard to play to their largest demographic. If they think by allowing an image to be cast onto them and or that product, that many might deem offensive, then they will remove that image, so as not to suffer backlash from regressive groups who will try to hurt them financially. Is this easy enough for you to understand? If it isn't, then just look back at the backlash Target received over it's bathroom policy, justified or not.

Who, candy companies?

I'm still hoping one or two of them will give me a direct an honest answer.
Good luck sir. Most of the libs here are completely dishonest. OldLady is not, and there are some others.

I will bring sorrow into my Easter recalling this thread. You are listening to individual extremist voices and letting them have the power over what the left is actually about. I imagine one of the things that makes some lefties quite nervous is that the Christians want to stop legal abortion and be allowed to discriminate against homosexuals based on their religious beliefs. That may be why some extremists who weren't raised properly are attacking others' religion.
I have never heard anyone say the C was a horrible document. You know full well that Democrats don't believe that. Don't let ridiculous voices turn half the country into your enemy. It isn't true.
Gotta go, Mac. Have a good Easter.

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

Please see post 60.

Look, candy companies are the ones supposedly changing their Easter candy wrappers and the names of Easter events. You said the Regressive Left hates this country's history and traditions (which, I might point out, seemingly ignores the fact that the only actual instance of a name change away from Easter provided by the article is of a British Easter egg hunt). Post 60 does not answer why candy companies would pander to the Regressive Left, or if candy companies ARE the Regressive Left, or if there is some other reason you feel the Regressive Left is responsible for candy companies making the decision to remove Easter from their labels or events. If you have issues answering what seem to be pretty simple questions about your statements, that's not my problem. ;)

I'm learning I can count on you for responses like that, thanks.

Two specific examples I can provide of Democrat posters here referring to the Founding Fathers as "slave rapists" are JoeB131 and Seawytch. I've tagged them here so that I'm not "talking behind their backs". I'm quite sure I've seen it from more than a few others, but I do remember those.

So is it fair to say you feel that these people are more afraid of what would happen if Christianity spread, than they are when they try to base their argument on the Constitution? If so, I would agree.

What it is ma'am, is a small percentage of extremists that set the tone, and it is these that media plays to. These are the ones you see rioting as burning and defacing religious symbols and tearing down monuments. These are the ones who fan the flames continually. A small minority that is shoved at us 24/7 by the media.

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

Please see post 60.

Look, candy companies are the ones supposedly changing their Easter candy wrappers and the names of Easter events. You said the Regressive Left hates this country's history and traditions (which, I might point out, seemingly ignores the fact that the only actual instance of a name change away from Easter provided by the article is of a British Easter egg hunt). Post 60 does not answer why candy companies would pander to the Regressive Left, or if candy companies ARE the Regressive Left, or if there is some other reason you feel the Regressive Left is responsible for candy companies making the decision to remove Easter from their labels or events. If you have issues answering what seem to be pretty simple questions about your statements, that's not my problem. ;)
Good gawd, my overall point is not about candy companies, please tell me you know that and that you're just playing games.

If you really, honestly don't see that, then never mind.

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

Please see post 60.

I told you why. Stop pretending.

Here it is again for you:

Large companies are ran by whomever, and they try hard to play to their largest demographic. If they think by allowing an image to be cast onto them and or that product, that many might deem offensive, then they will remove that image, so as not to suffer backlash from regressive groups who will try to hurt them financially. Is this easy enough for you to understand? If it isn't, then just look back at the backlash Target received over it's bathroom policy, justified or not.

What it is ma'am, is a small percentage of extremists that set the tone, and it is these that media plays to. These are the ones you see rioting as burning and defacing religious symbols and tearing down monuments. These are the ones who fan the flames continually. A small minority that is shoved at us 24/7 by the media.

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

I see your pretend here, but as usual it has failed. Large companies are ran by whomever, and they try hard to play to their largest demographic. If they think by allowing an image to be cast onto them and or that product, that many might deem offensive, then they will remove that image, so as not to suffer backlash from regressive groups who will try to hurt them financially. Is this easy enough for you to understand? If it isn't, then just look back at the backlash Target received over it's bathroom policy, justified or not.

That's fine. You think the companies are changing the labels because the regressive groups are a large enough demographic that it is sound financially for them to do so. That answers my question.

That seems possible, but I haven't noticed any calls for Easter to be removed from labels, nor do I remember hearing about any groups complaining about Easter being too prevalent. I wonder if there are any specific events or groups that would lead candy companies to make this kind of change, or if it is just a general feeling that their customers would prefer it, or even a test to see if sales increase? Perhaps the candy companies are hoping to entice more non-Christians to buy their products by removing Easter? Assuming the article is true, of course.

Who, candy companies?

And you know I am a regressive based on a single question asked in a thread, do you? :lol:
No, based on your pretend, just like you are doing now. You pretend not to know what is being explained here like most regressives do. You fail.

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

My pretend? As usual? I don't recall saying much, if anything, to you in the past. What other pretending are you talking about? You seem to be trying to just shove me into some "leftist" box in your mind, but hey, maybe you've read a bunch of my posts and your characterizations are based on more than your own biases....

Who, candy companies?
No, the Regressive Left.

That's fine. You think the companies are changing the labels because the regressive groups are a large enough demographic that it is sound financially for them to do so. That answers my question.

That seems possible, but I haven't noticed any calls for Easter to be removed from labels, nor do I remember hearing about any groups complaining about Easter being too prevalent. I wonder if there are any specific events or groups that would lead candy companies to make this kind of change, or if it is just a general feeling that their customers would prefer it, or even a test to see if sales increase? Perhaps the candy companies are hoping to entice more non-Christians to buy their products by removing Easter? Assuming the article is true, of course.

Not what I said. I never said they were a large demographic. Stop putting words in my mouth. What I said in a later post was that a small group of these extremists, pushed and favored by the media, is what controls this. Companies fear the backlash that results in lager groups being swayed by these pieces of shit.

Forum List

Back