Top Republican Advises Democrats To Just Chill On Trump’s Conflicts Of Interest

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy says all these investigations lately have been a “bad thing.”

WASHINGTON ― House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) declined to express an opinion Tuesday about whether President-elect Donald Trump’s talks with world leaders about his business interests violate the Constitution.

But McCarthy did have some advice for Democrats, telling reporters they should back off calls for Congress to investigate how Trump and his transition team are separating the president-elect’s business interests from the demands of the nation.

More: Top Republican Advises Democrats To Just Chill On Trump's Conflicts Of Interest

Gee, what a surprise! All of a sudden the GOP wants to "chill" on investigations. Blatantly partisan - and sadly funny...

In case the left didn't notice, Trump is the first president in modern history to have had a real job. That's why the republican establishment turned their backs on him and the left hates him. Every other successful presidential candidate has been a political (yawn) drone or a Military hero. The Klintons claimed to have been broke when they left the White House and today they are worth billions. What happened? The Klintons were crooks and Trump is an honest capitalist who worked within the system and today he gets to change the system to make it easier for Americans to get rich. He doesn't need to create crooked "foundations" tied to his government service or pardon corporate crooks who donate to his "library". Rest easy lefties, you can bet your ass(ets) that angry vindictive George Soros (among others) will use the (tax exempt) Media Matters to monitor every aspect of Trump's private enterprises for a juicy story..

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy says all these investigations lately have been a “bad thing.”

WASHINGTON ― House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) declined to express an opinion Tuesday about whether President-elect Donald Trump’s talks with world leaders about his business interests violate the Constitution.

But McCarthy did have some advice for Democrats, telling reporters they should back off calls for Congress to investigate how Trump and his transition team are separating the president-elect’s business interests from the demands of the nation.

More: Top Republican Advises Democrats To Just Chill On Trump's Conflicts Of Interest

Gee, what a surprise! All of a sudden the GOP wants to "chill" on investigations. Blatantly partisan - and sadly funny...
Like you give a fuck about partisanship

So lets recap. Its ok that Trump has conflicts of interest directly opposed to governing the US but the Republicans dont think using the White House as a blackmail machine as a problem because its not like a Democrat is doing it.

Trump doesn't have a real job? Are you fucking serious? This place is utterly insane

"In case the left didn't notice, Trump is the first president in modern history to have had a real job."

That was the trigger. An ignorant claim of monumental proportions Cletus.

Trump, a real job, just like us, huh. Jesus this place is utterly insane.
Has Drumpf ever been employed?

I guess by his daddy. How many bankruptcies again? I forget. I just know I’m supposed to worship him for being rich and “successful”. Corporate media tells me so.
I worked for my uncle and made $500 a week for 4 hours a week. I'm guessing his daddy paid him more than $15 an hour

If I were Trump (which I am not) I would just give his kids complete ownership and control of his businesses and then sequester himself from them except at Xmas and Easter and the 4th Of July and Labor Day.

They need to take over the business completely.

He needs to run the Country.

They should write off China and Germany. These 2 nations are abusing the trade laws.

Trump should tariff them both back into the stone age.

The kids just need to realize there won't be any goodwill in China and Germany for the next 4 to 8 years at least.

Trump, a real job, just like us, huh. Jesus this place is utterly insane.
Has Drumpf ever been employed?

I guess by his daddy. How many bankruptcies again? I forget. I just know I’m supposed to worship him for being rich and “successful”. Corporate media tells me so.
I worked for my uncle and made $500 a week for 4 hours a week. I'm guessing his daddy paid him more than $15 an hour

The entitled are simply worth more than mortals are, we've built a society based upon that notion - beginning with the founders.

Trump doesn't have a real job? Are you fucking serious? This place is utterly insane

"In case the left didn't notice, Trump is the first president in modern history to have had a real job."

That was the trigger. An ignorant claim of monumental proportions Cletus.
No, the trigger was the cliam by some dumbfuck that Trump didn't have a real job.

Slow day Lakhota? How much time was dedicated to digging this story up?

About one second. It was at the top of the Huffington Post main page. Still is. Thanks for asking...
Yup everybody is talking about it.

How rich does rich need to get before rich is rich enough?

Trump is rich enough.

Now he will go down in the history books as a US President.

This is of course a dubious honor since "W" Bush is in as the same thing.

But now little kids will need to memorize his name and call him "President Trump."

If I were Trump (which I am not) I would just give his kids complete ownership and control of his businesses and then sequester himself from them except at Xmas and Easter and the 4th Of July and Labor Day.

They need to take over the business completely.

He needs to run the Country.

They should write off China and Germany. These 2 nations are abusing the trade laws.

Trump should tariff them both back into the stone age.

The kids just need to realize there won't be any goodwill in China and Germany for the next 4 to 8 years at least.

Send jobs to China because our "job creator" class doesn't want to pay americans or participate in the national economy, then get pissed at China. Perfect logic.

Forum List

Back