Top U.S. Marine Orders All Confederate Symbols Be Removed From Corps Bases

Also, your claim that "most slaves were family" is a joke.

Slavery was an abomination. Ownership of another human being is simply wrong on the most fundamental level.

I am sure that some slave owners treated their slaves reasonably well. But they still owned them. They could take a child from its mother and sell it at any time. They could rape the slave women anytime they wanted. Families were split up and sold. They prohibited teaching them to read and write. They were bred like livestock to produce useful traits.
More fallacies.. if you were a 5th generation slave owner, with the same slave family, that was your family.. and they knew on their own they would lose the protection of their family.. Robert e lee after the war had the one of the first black only schools in HIs HOUSE! Lol no one wanted slavery in 1861, they just didn’t know what to do with them,, the two different cultures could never co exist, and that is true. But most southerners didn’t have slaves lol they wanted state rights.

I am sure some of the farmers were fond of their horses too. Doesn't make them family.

And the reason Robert E. Lee had the school in his house after the war, was because he would have been prosecuted for it before the war.

You are right about one thing. Most southerners didn't own slaves.

They would lose the protection of their family? So who protected them FROM their family. Tens of thousands of slaves carried scars from the whippings they had received at the hands of their owners or his foreman.
No one is saying slavery was ok in 1860,, in the previous years it was, conquering era.. to bad, suck it up... did you know blacks owned slaves,,, one Ellison would breed slaves for sale, even white slaves didn’t do that.
16% of the slave owners in Louisiana were black, we had thousands of free blacks.. in the 1860’s elite democrats wanted slavery, no one else.. southerners didn’t want the north telling them how to end it and when

Yes, I am aware that there were black slave owners. That changes nothing in this discussion.

But back to the idea that removing confederate symbols from US Marine Bases is somehow wrong.
It is confederacy believers still serve in the military

People from all backgrounds and faiths serve in the military, doesn't mean that they all should be flying whatever flag they want to.

Why? Don’t like proud boys?

The proud boys have nothing to do with the topic.

As for why I think the US Marine Corp is perfectly right to do what they did, the confederacy was a military enemy the entirety of its existence. Those symbols are from a foreign country that was hostile to the United States.
Yes but many young Americans that come from the south and also the north love the confederacy why not allow them to keep pins that represent their culture

When you say "love the confederacy", do you mean studying the history? Or love the actual confederacy?

And I think that a US Marine Base is focused on being a military base. You do what you are told and you make sure you are ready for whatever is needed.

The top Marine obviously agrees with me.
No one agrees with you brown shirt

Are there any confederate symbols on Marine bases?
You just said they were removed lol

As for why I think the US Marine Corp is perfectly right to do what they did, the confederacy was a military enemy the entirety of its existence. Those symbols are from a foreign country that was hostile to the United States.
Yes but many young Americans that come from the south and also the north love the confederacy why not allow them to keep pins that represent their culture

When you say "love the confederacy", do you mean studying the history? Or love the actual confederacy?

And I think that a US Marine Base is focused on being a military base. You do what you are told and you make sure you are ready for whatever is needed.

Oh, and just by way of an FYI, your planned coup? The one where you remove elected officials and deny people votes because they voted democrat?
Those are solid brown shirt tactics. YOu are far more of a brown shirt than I could ever be.
No it’s not,, we would get signatures ( votes ) to remove them

Lol so you don’t think people that love the confederacy serve in military? Lol this is fun

I think it doesn't matter whether people like or love the confederacy. I think the US Marine Corp doesn't care either. So the symbols were removed.

Why do you want Marines to dishonor themselves and other Marines by displaying symbols of traitors?
You calling most of the military traitors? lol wow

I love confederate history! Great people

Given your ignorance about Samuel Adams, a man you claim to have studied, I doubt you know much about confederate history.

I am a 5th generation southerner. There is much to admire and love about the South. But fighting a war to maintain the right to own other humans is not one of them.
Well that’s a funny history book you read.. name?

I have read numerous history books, and taken several college level history courses. You?
I’m self taught,, I think you are confusing history,, south was fighting for state rights,, most southerners never seen a slave before never mind own one lol democrats wanted to keep slavery the elite lefties

Do you racist ass clowns read this bullshit before you post it.
Did you have something to add?

Well that’s a funny history book you read.. name?

I have read numerous history books, and taken several college level history courses. You?
I’m self taught,, I think you are confusing history,, south was fighting for state rights,, most southerners never seen a slave before never mind own one lol democrats wanted to keep slavery the elite lefties

First of all, specifically what "states rights" were they fighting for?

And second of all, no it was not. Why would states leave the union over issues with state's rights, and then write a constitution which offered no state's rights.

from the confederate constitution
"“In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress and by the Territorial government; and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories shall have the right to take to such Territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.”"

Here is a section of the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union:

"The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation."

The full text of the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union is available here:
Avalon Project - Confederate States of America - Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union

Feel free to read it and point out my error.
Not sure what your point is.. by 1861 most slaves were family and the southners knew the slaves couldn’t make it own their own because of the racist democrats so the law actually protected their family. But like I said are you claiming to know the thoughts of every southerner? And why did free blacks fight for the confederacy? Asians, Latinos, Indians.. you give my fallacies. I just give you common logic

Here is an example of His-Story instead of History. After slavery came share cropping and Jim Crow segregation, so that bullshit you are shoveling won't fly.
Yes the elite democrats hated free blacks and did everything in their power to show it.. and still do,, go against a white democrat and watch how they treat you.. experiment

First of all, specifically what "states rights" were they fighting for?

And second of all, no it was not. Why would states leave the union over issues with state's rights, and then write a constitution which offered no state's rights.

from the confederate constitution
"“In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected by Congress and by the Territorial government; and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories shall have the right to take to such Territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.”"

Here is a section of the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union:

"The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation."

The full text of the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union is available here:
Avalon Project - Confederate States of America - Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union

Feel free to read it and point out my error.
Not sure what your point is.. by 1861 most slaves were family and the southners knew the slaves couldn’t make it own their own because of the racist democrats so the law actually protected their family. But like I said are you claiming to know the thoughts of every southerner? And why did free blacks fight for the confederacy? Asians, Latinos, Indians.. you give my fallacies. I just give you common logic

My point is that the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union talk about slavery and returning runaway slaves to their owners. The slaves were family? And I guess the slave owners were sending bounty hunters after them out of concern for their well-being?

lol
I didn’t say all,, lol you can’t handle
The truth can you

I handle the truth quite well. I would appreciate you posting some.

Now what fallacies have I offered?

Don't hold your breath waiting on it.
I’ve already destroyed that coward lol

More fallacies.. if you were a 5th generation slave owner, with the same slave family, that was your family.. and they knew on their own they would lose the protection of their family.. Robert e lee after the war had the one of the first black only schools in HIs HOUSE! Lol no one wanted slavery in 1861, they just didn’t know what to do with them,, the two different cultures could never co exist, and that is true. But most southerners didn’t have slaves lol they wanted state rights.

I am sure some of the farmers were fond of their horses too. Doesn't make them family.

And the reason Robert E. Lee had the school in his house after the war, was because he would have been prosecuted for it before the war.

They would lose the protection of their family? So who protected them FROM their family. Tens of thousands of slaves carried scars from the whippings they had received at the hands of their owners or his foreman.
No one is saying slavery was ok in 1860,, in the previous years it was, conquering era.. to bad, suck it up... did you know blacks owned slaves,,, one Ellison would breed slaves for sale, even white slaves didn’t do that.
16% of the slave owners in Louisiana were black, we had thousands of free blacks.. in the 1860’s elite democrats wanted slavery, no one else.. southerners didn’t want the north telling them how to end it and when

Yes, I am aware that there were black slave owners. That changes nothing in this discussion.

But back to the idea that removing confederate symbols from US Marine Bases is somehow wrong.

People from all backgrounds and faiths serve in the military, doesn't mean that they all should be flying whatever flag they want to.
Confederacy is not just any flag it’s a Belief in freedom for Southerners

I dont entirely disagree with that

Commanders are responsible for maintaining good order and discipline in their units

The nazi flag would be offensive to me but that flag has never been an issue until the lib public schools stopped teaching history

For 100 years southern soldiers waved the Confederate flag without offending anyone

as did Jewish soldiers who displayed the Star of David

however we were not infested with muslims before as we are now

but America was far more of a melting pot then whereas now we are a smorgasbord of differences

how long before atheists are offended by religious symbols in our national cemeteries?

not long I suppose

Last edited:
I am a card-carrying member of the Great Right-Wing Conspiracy, a Trump supporter, and a 40-year Republican, and I see no good reason to tolerate the public display of symbols of the Confederate States of America in any U.S. military venue.

This is long overdue.

Oh, and just by way of an FYI, your planned coup? The one where you remove elected officials and deny people votes because they voted democrat?
Those are solid brown shirt tactics. YOu are far more of a brown shirt than I could ever be.

LOL! Changed your plans, have you? No internment camps in your Boston Coup Plans 2.0?

I think it doesn't matter whether people like or love the confederacy. I think the US Marine Corp doesn't care either. So the symbols were removed.

Why do you want Marines to dishonor themselves and other Marines by displaying symbols of traitors?

Are you saying most of the military displays confederate symbols?

LOL! Changed your plans, have you? No internment camps in your Boston Coup Plans 2.0?
We’re not ready to release any information on our course of action part duex

My point is that the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union talk about slavery and returning runaway slaves to their owners. The slaves were family? And I guess the slave owners were sending bounty hunters after them out of concern for their well-being?

lol
The truth can you

Really? Have you found where I posted "THEY ALL WANTED SLAVERY"? You claimed I did. Then refused to address your lie.

Who said that?

Confederacy is not just any flag it’s a Belief in freedom for Southerners

It is hard to believe you can post that without laughing.

I am a card-carrying member of the Great Right-Wing Conspiracy, a Trump supporter, and a 40-year Republican, and I see no good reason to tolerate the public display of symbols of the Confederate States of America in any U.S. military venue.

This is long overdue.
Would you close all the US Army forts named for Confederate generals?

150 years after the war reasonable people should less angry instead of even more militant

lol
The truth can you

Really? Have you found where I posted "THEY ALL WANTED SLAVERY"? You claimed I did. Then refused to address your lie.
In your offensive to my post you said they all wanted it and gave the constitution.

Who said that?

You did.

Who said that?

You did.
No I didn’t

Forum List

Back