Top Welfare States: "Am I Blue..."

The Biggest US Welfare States

Gee can you just guess what state is number one? Why is there so many blue states with people on public aid?

Simple, the GOP would rather strangle out poor people from getting welfare and give out tax cuts for the rich instead. It certainly doesn't have any relation to which states have more poor people that's for damn sure!

List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just what was this supposed to prove ?

Can people be in poverty and not be on welfare.

I'd think that the person who has enough pride and self-respect to not accept welfare is pretty wealthy in a lot of ways.

Gee can you just guess what state is number one? Why is there so many blue states with people on public aid?

Simple, the GOP would rather strangle out poor people from getting welfare and give out tax cuts for the rich instead. It certainly doesn't have any relation to which states have more poor people that's for damn sure!

I'd think that the person who has enough pride and self-respect to not accept welfare is pretty wealthy in a lot of ways.

There is no government program called "Welfare".

What programs are you suggesting that people should "not accept"?

All of them.

Over 50% of the US federal budget is spent on social spending commonly referred to as "Welfare"....Own it.

All of them.

Really?

Even all these programs?

Veterans | USA.gov

That is up to them.

I know people who could qualify for food stamps, eat well without them, and would probably starve before accepting them.

That proves nothing except that there are, at least, two people out there who don't need something the government would otherwise be willing to give them.

Since Mississippi, Alabama, Lousiana, Tennessee, & Georgia are usually at the top of "welfare states", "assistance" is the key word; what is included?

All of them.

Really?

Even all these programs?

Veterans | USA.gov

Earned benefits <> Welfare.

:whip::whip:

That's something liberals cannot understand, giving a veteran something that is promised to him. He even is willing to give his life for our freedom, is welfare. Which they should be deported for even thinking like that. The problem is, they would rather give it to someone who chooses not to work the money. All for a vote. Traitors in my book.

Sorry you have it backwards, it's the shit stain slack jawed bible thumping Low IQ hill billy states of jesusland are the lazy inbred welfare bums

Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Many of those states are former "blue" states that have high populations of oppressed minorities.

I am afraid you don't get it.

Being formerly "blue" doesn't mean anything, I wonder why all right wing people fall back on that?

Then the fact that they are red states means nothing either.

Which, of course, can be very true. A state can have a high average income and yet, if the lowest 5% are on welfare...could still be high on the list.

Funny how the left likes to hang this on being red....point out they used to be blue (you know generational poverty....poverty cycles....and all that) and they run from it.

Many of those states are former "blue" states that have high populations of oppressed minorities.

I am afraid you don't get it.

Being formerly "blue" doesn't mean anything, I wonder why all right wing people fall back on that?

Then the fact that they are red states means nothing either.

Which, of course, can be very true. A state can have a high average income and yet, if the lowest 5% are on welfare...could still be high on the list.

Funny how the left likes to hang this on being red....point out they used to be blue (you know generational poverty....poverty cycles....and all that) and they run from it.

Being red "currently" means quite a bit, as the GOP "currently" is the conservative party. Back when dixiecrats were around and that faction of the democrats were dominant in the South some 30-40 years ago really has no bearing on current state policy or well being.

Forum List

Back