Torture, or whatever you want to call it, "justified" by majority

2vaxn2q.jpg

Let me tell you what torture is. Torture is being whipped raw, then having nails driven through your hands and feet and being suspended on a cross for three hours until you die. Now THAT is torture. So don't come whining to me about some namby-pamby shit about slapping people around and waterboarding them, mm-kay?

I don't consider waterboarding, being made to stand for hours, sleep deprivation or any of that other "torture" to be torture.

Pulling out fingernails, hooking someone balls up to a battery, beating them with barbed wire and enduring what McCain endured in Vietnam now thats torture.

I think most of you who are against the use of EIT's are a bunch of idiots.

I suppose you think we should just ask nicely and hope the prisoners decide to tell us what we want to know so we can save American lives?

Sure glad I don't have to depend on you idiots to protect me cause baby would I be out of luck as would all of America.

I would add that reading liberal posts here is a torture.

In Sweden and Australia prison cells are being painted in pink. Now, that's a torture.

Then don't. No one is forcing you to.

True.

If they stop posting there would be no torture.

Don't be fooled - this isn't about protecting "our future." THAT would include honoring and sacrificing to preserve the ideals and principles that make America a beacon to the world.

This is all about protecting the hide of bedwetters who shit on the sacrifices that others have made to protect American values in order to create an illusion of security for themselves and their own quivering asses.

It's a fine line when one of the things we value is a free and open society - how far are people really willing to go, and sacrifice those freedoms, in order to have "security"?

Most of the time - like the internment of the Japanese, people are perfectly willing to sacrifice the rights and freedoms of "others" - as long as it's not their own. Same with torture - it doesn't matter that information can be gained another way, or that the people being tortured may or may not have done anything wrong - they aren't "us" so we're willing to sacrifice them thinking it will make us safer because we're afraid.

There's been a huge upsurge in school shootings and random gun violence - should the rights of gun owners be sacrificed for public safety?

You don't understand.

Stopping these barbarians IS PROTECTING OUR FREEDOMS.

Here's a test. Go to Iraq. Start shouting at the top of your lungs a love for Jesus. Report back.

What does your Iraq stuff have to do with America? Are you saying you want America to be MORE like that? Or that demonstrates the American values that so many AMERICANS have died to preserve?

Look - you're scared. I get it. But man up and take a stand for AMERICA and what WE value - not Iraq.

Man up? Give me a freaking break. War is hell.

Deal with that

What a coward.

Thank God our country was founded and has been protected by people made of sterner stuff.

You don't protect America by turning it into Iraq!

Pity that protecting this great country is now called cowardly.

Don't worry, you know there are people out there willing to take the dagger while you sleep well in your bed.

That's how it's always been

Talkers vs. doers.

"“Should any American soldier be so base and infamous as to injure any [prisoner]. . . I do most earnestly enjoin you to bring him to such severe and exemplary punishment as the enormity of the crime may require."
- George Washington, Sept. 14, 1775

If we could defeat the most potent military force on the planet at the time with a bunch of farmers and shopkeepers - WITHOUT TORTURE, then what makes you think today's U.S. military is incapable of defeating some well-funded street gangs without using it.

Man, you folks must have an extremely low opinion of the U.S. Armed Forces.

(Grow a pair Pops, you'll feel better about yourself)

You don't understand.

Here's a test. Go to Iraq. Start shouting at the top of your lungs a love for Jesus. Report back.

There is a huge difference between us and Iraq.

Should we act like Iraq in order to protect our freedoms?

How far are you willing to go?

It's been answered

If it takes nuking the barbarians......

Proceed
What is your suggestion for Ground Zero?

It only takes one. Do I get to pick it?

Believe me......

I'd be happy to
It only takes one? You think all the bad guys are within range of one nuke? Ok, what would you pick as Ground Zero? And why?

I don't need to take them all out. Just enough to bite off the snakes head.

The rest of your questions lead me to believe you do not understand this enemy.

"“Should any American soldier be so base and infamous as to injure any [prisoner]. . . I do most earnestly enjoin you to bring him to such severe and exemplary punishment as the enormity of the crime may require."
- George Washington, Sept. 14, 1775

If we could defeat the most potent military force on the planet at the time with a bunch of farmers and shopkeepers - WITHOUT TORTURE, then what makes you think today's U.S. military is incapable of defeating some well-funded street gangs without using it.

Man, you folks must have an extremely low opinion of the U.S. Armed Forces.

(Grow a pair Pops, you'll feel better about yourself)

My pair are long and loose and full of juice, yours are MIA.

history goes much further back than 1776. I suggest you study the great Khan's.

You might just get a clue

What a bunch of sniveling panty-wastes. Falling all over themselves to abandon America's ideals and principles because the big bad ol' terrorists made 'em soil their lil' panties.

It's embarrassing.

Man don't you folks have ANY pride?

OY VEY! What we have here are weenies who never even had a man card to turn in....talk about voyeurism....you leftists are into torture and being tortured! The thought of it gives ya goose bumps....think for a second who always comes up with the most gruesome punishments for their imaginary enemies on the right wing....gets em all tingly.....what a pack of freaks.
TDQkU.gif

1. None of the methods used rise to the level of 'torture.'

2. "The Constitution is not a suicide pact"

3. For comparison....this is torture:
From “Magnifico: The Brilliant Life and Violent Times of Lorenzo De Medici,” by Miles Unger, p. 227-228.

"An incident recorded by the diarist Luca Landucci vividly illustrated the dangers awaiting those who threatened bodily harm to the leading citizens of the regime:

27th September [1481]. A certain hermit came to the house of Lorenzo de’ Medici at the Poggio a Caiano; and the servants declared that he intended to murder Lorenzo, so they took him and sent him to the Bargello, and he was put to the rack.

15th October. This hermit died at Santa Maria Novella, having been tortured in various ways. It was said that they skinned the soles of his feet, and then burnt them by holding them in the fire till the fat dripped off them; after which they set him upright and made him walk across the hall; and these things caused his death. Opinions were divided as to whether he were guilty or innocent."

You're in denial. Of course we torture. Meh. So what. Don't pretend we don't and move on.

I see you've memorized the bumper-sticker of the America-haters.

People who embrace torture hate America

Good thing America doesn't torture, huh.

We didn't used to.....There was a time when America stood on the moral high ground
How quickly we gave that up

Timeline on that?
Ya' mean since Woodrow Wilson suggested we shed the Constitution....or when FDR ended obedience to it?

You're in denial. Of course we torture. Meh. So what. Don't pretend we don't and move on.

We didn't used to.....There was a time when America stood on the moral high ground

Timeline on that?
Ya' mean since Woodrow Wilson suggested we shed the Constitution....or when FDR ended obedience to it?

Wilson engaged in torture?

You must have him confused with Bush/Cheney

OY VEY! What we have here are weenies who never even had a man card to turn in....talk about voyeurism....you leftists are into being tortured! The thought of it gives ya goose bumps....think for a second who always comes up with the most gruesome punishments for their imaginary enemies on the right wing....gets em all tingly.....what a pack of freaks.
TDQkU.gif

BWAAAAH

Yeah it takes a "real man" to abandon America's ideals and principles because the big bad ol' terrorists made 'em soil their lil' panties.

It's embarrassing.

Man don't you folks have ANY pride?

How far are you willing to go in "DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES TO PROTECT OUR FUTURE"?

Don't be fooled - this isn't about protecting "our future." THAT would include honoring and sacrificing to preserve the ideals and principles that make America a beacon to the world.

This is all about protecting the hide of bedwetters who shit on the sacrifices that others have made to protect American values in order to create an illusion of security for themselves and their own quivering asses.

It's a fine line when one of the things we value is a free and open society - how far are people really willing to go, and sacrifice those freedoms, in order to have "security"?

Most of the time - like the internment of the Japanese, people are perfectly willing to sacrifice the rights and freedoms of "others" - as long as it's not their own. Same with torture - it doesn't matter that information can be gained another way, or that the people being tortured may or may not have done anything wrong - they aren't "us" so we're willing to sacrifice them thinking it will make us safer because we're afraid.

There's been a huge upsurge in school shootings and random gun violence - should the rights of gun owners be sacrificed for public safety?

You don't understand.

There is a huge difference between us and Iraq.

Should we act like Iraq in order to protect our freedoms?

How far are you willing to go?

It's been answered

If it takes nuking the barbarians......

Proceed

No limits?

Timeline on that?

Wilson engaged in torture?

You must have him confused with Bush/Cheney

What I wrote was very clear.

This post is inept, even for an oldie like you.

Washington had no mercy with captive redcoats...they talked or were hanged. Lincoln saw what went on at the Fort Delaware prison...same as Andersonville...torture and starvation. Eisenhower starved 100K German prisoners to death. I've already chronicled what we did in Vietnam...

So WHEN was this time you speak of you ignorant jackass?

Forum List

Back