Total collapse of the American dream? And unemployment at 50%?

The reason the stock market is rising is simple. There's no other place to put money for a decent return.
The job of the Federal Reserve, William McChesney Martin famously said, is "to take away the punch bowl just as the party gets going," --that is, raise interest rates just when economy reaches peak activity after a recession.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McChesney_Martin#section_3

It may seem obvious to state, but when the Fed again starts raising interest rates, the stock market will start to sink.

Obamacare is going to create the next economic crisis - why because many young adults will have to start paying a monthly premium that is the size of a small car payment which will create no disposable income. No extra income causes small businesses to go out of business. The rate increase for seniors on their healthcare premiums also reduces income in the economy.

Many businesses won't be able to expand because the mandate for coverage will not make it profitable. Many other businesses will buckle under the non regulation of insurance companies that will increase cost.

The large number of people that are going to be eligible for Medicaid is going to create increases in Federal and State taxes. Hospitals are buying up all private practices which will provide them the power to raise cost.

The middle class sector has been shrinking fast in the last couple of years with no hope of recovery. Our government has no intention of putting any more money in a economy that has no potential for growth.

Gramps,

You will take this the wrong way, I am sure, but people like that dude count on consumers thinking they "sound credible" for their livelihood. The fact that you did not IMMEDIATELY dismiss this guy's claims is the reason he still has enough money to advertise.

You will take this the right way. How the fuck can people who refuse to believe ANYTHING that the duly elected President of the United States has to say be ready to buy into the bullshit of a bullshitter like this guy?

I don't take it anyway. Im a contractor not a finance man. I don't know shit about market predictions and what not. That's why I asked.

As to your second point bla bla bla. No politician garners my trust at their word alone ESPECIALLY Obama

May I ask why you put this thread in Politics? I can guess........but maybe you have a good reason.

Gramps,

You will take this the wrong way, I am sure, but people like that dude count on consumers thinking they "sound credible" for their livelihood. The fact that you did not IMMEDIATELY dismiss this guy's claims is the reason he still has enough money to advertise.

You will take this the right way. How the fuck can people who refuse to believe ANYTHING that the duly elected President of the United States has to say be ready to buy into the bullshit of a bullshitter like this guy?

I don't take it anyway. Im a contractor not a finance man. I don't know shit about market predictions and what not. That's why I asked.

As to your second point bla bla bla. No politician garners my trust at their word alone ESPECIALLY Obama

May I ask why you put this thread in Politics? I can guess........but maybe you have a good reason.

Throughout my history here I have put nearly EVERY thread in politics. No diabolical master plan. I surf here on my phone and navigation is easier if im not fumbling around 6 or 7 different pages.

Sue me

Gramps,

Let's see if I might provide a little "clarity" for you. This snake oil salesman is merely parroting what a host of other Economists are saying, and have been saying for the last 8-10 months. There is nothing new to this "news". You simply can not "print" your way to a solution. It CAN'T BE DONE.

Look around you. Read the Wall Street Journal - IF you are able to comprehend what is being said, you will find that *surprise* Europe is teetering on the verge of financial collapse. As goes Europe, so goes the United States. There is ONE "superpower" left on this planet - China and they aren't falling into the trap that has befallen us and Europe. They are BUYING - not SELLING.

The current Administration is now talking - just like Barney Frank did in the early 2000s about ways to get "more poor people" into housing by making it "more affordable".

Look at my tag line at the bottom - "Let he who has eyes see, and he who has ears hear".

We're getting to repeat history once again. We, the idiot human beings that we are, continually prove George Santayana and Albert Einstein correct. Over and over and over.

Last edited:
The reason the stock market is rising is simple. There's no other place to put money for a decent return.
When you print the copious amount of money are asshole peice of shit president is printing, large amounts will end up in the stock market; the market is inflated.

Simple minds....discussing complex problems......check.

Jackass trolling a thread he had no intentions of contributing in....check.

Fuck off faggot

How many times will you do that? Begin a troll thread....and then have a hissy fit when someone shits on it?

Your intentions with the thread are obvious.....and you fail to be honest about them. Your pals decided to dish on the printing of money and how " we can't do it any longer ". That is simpleton bullshit.

You act the ass......expect it to continue.

I think market timing is mostly a load of hooey.

Now seriously...imagine that you are the guy who CAN do that.

Why on earth would you share that with other people?

I also think the CONTRARIAN system is fraught with uncertainty.

Why?

Because the market can be wrong longer than you can remain solvent

Of course I ALSO think the market is largely A FIX.

When a select group of INSIDERS control the cost of borrowing, it is THEY who have near conplete control over the economy, hence over the value of stocks, bonds, real estate, gold, precious metals, oil, futures of any kind, fine art, and every other investment vehicle I can think of.

Now I know, I know...some people have a very good re3cord of predicting market moves.

That is true.

UNTIL they don't.

5 Signs Stocks Will Collapse in 2013

Who is this guy? Does he have any credibility?

Don't freak out. I was suckered into getting the 'free' copy of Aftershock because it sounded like he knew what he was talking about and 2012 was the 'fer shure' year then. So far, nothing. And the reason I say 'free' was that I was automatically signed up for about $300 worth of subscription news services that I actively had to opt out of.

Oh, he's talking about that "Aftershock" scam that's been all over the Internet!! I wondered myself, they have very urgent ads, but I figured it was dishonest.

Thank you for telling us what is going on!! An automatic expensive subscription scam, figures.

The job of the Federal Reserve, William McChesney Martin famously said, is "to take away the punch bowl just as the party gets going," --that is, raise interest rates just when economy reaches peak activity after a recession.
William McChesney Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may seem obvious to state, but when the Fed again starts raising interest rates, the stock market will start to sink.

Boy, the party is really swinging now. This rise after rise after rise of the Dow --- it's making me nervous. Especially considering the really dire situations both in Asia and Europe, and even the iffy job recovery here! Nobody is reading the newspapers. They are just throwing money at Wall Street.

CAN Bernanke take away the punch bowl, I'm wondering: yesterday he made noises about how he might stop the cheap money at the beginning of 2014......and the market just cheered and went up 130 points Dow.

The Fed tried to stop the speculating in 1928. They nearly crashed the market then all by themselves. After that, they never tried again ---- better not to actually CAUSE the disaster you are trying to prevent! And of course the market crashed on its own in 1929 and we had the Great Depression. After an asset bubble really gets going --- CAN the Fed stop it without a crash?

I don't have a good feeling about all this.

Last edited:
Obamacare is going to create the next economic crisis - why because many young adults will have to start paying a monthly premium that is the size of a small car payment which will create no disposable income. No extra income causes small businesses to go out of business. The rate increase for seniors on their healthcare premiums also reduces income in the economy.

Many businesses won't be able to expand because the mandate for coverage will not make it profitable. Many other businesses will buckle under the non regulation of insurance companies that will increase cost.

The large number of people that are going to be eligible for Medicaid is going to create increases in Federal and State taxes. Hospitals are buying up all private practices which will provide them the power to raise cost.

The middle class sector has been shrinking fast in the last couple of years with no hope of recovery. Our government has no intention of putting any more money in a economy that has no potential for growth.

With respect, "Don't anticipate outcome, await the unfolding of events," as the Zen guy says in a Wm. Gibson book.

"Will" and "Going to" are bad words. If we really knew the future, we'd be rich.

God knows I'm no Obama fan, but the Obamacare situation is so complex that I'm just watching events unfold. Saying what DID or is now happening is probably going to be more interesting. For instance, more doctors are going into private, for money paid outright, subscription yearly fee care called "concierge medicine." And not taking insurance at all. Also, right now many hotels and such are carefully holding their employment under 50, because if they go over 50 they have to provide all these expensive Obamacare benefits. That cannot be doing the job figures any good. Well, you did say businesses won't be able to expand, so that is going on, apparently.

Last edited:
What's the old saying?

BUY on the rumor SELL on the NEWS

Of course now we live with a MSM that makes rumors news, so I doubt this helps much.

Of course now we live with a MSM that makes rumors news, so I doubt this helps much.

This is so true. I am amazed at the change in news in the last few years, since the Internet has taken over from newspapers. You can't depend on anything being accurate, to start with: they just don't care about accuracy. Viz: the Trayvon/Zimmerman affaire.

Or copy-editing, for that matter. Migod, the errors. They just scrawl out the copy and hit send.

And it's mostly two-headed babies and Hollywood wardrobe malfunction news to farm clicks from the majority of the population that is more interested in vulgar sensationalism than in war with North Korea or the economic news.

Simple minds....discussing complex problems......check.

Fuck off faggot

How many times will you do that? Begin a troll thread....and then have a hissy fit when someone shits on it?

Your intentions with the thread are obvious.....and you fail to be honest about them. Your pals decided to dish on the printing of money and how " we can't do it any longer ". That is simpleton bullshit.

You really should give up the tinfoil hat. Makes you look foolish.

I read an article about issues I don't have a grasp on so I asked a question. Your ASSumptions about my motives are pathetic.

Massive deficit spending on infrastructure, alternative energy, and welfare programs can fix this.......lol

Fuck off faggot

You really should give up the tinfoil hat. Makes you look foolish.

I read an article about issues I don't have a grasp on so I asked a question. Your ASSumptions about my motives are pathetic.

Thread title. Please.

Forum List

Back