Total collapse of the American dream? And unemployment at 50%?

The Market is up again today. 68 points already! It seems to be trying to break 15,000 this week, though that would be a resistance level, of course.

It's like it's on a helium balloon. This isn't natural and it can't be good.

Obamacare is going to create the next economic crisis - why because many young adults will have to start paying a monthly premium that is the size of a small car payment which will create no disposable income. No extra income causes small businesses to go out of business. The rate increase for seniors on their healthcare premiums also reduces income in the economy.

Many businesses won't be able to expand because the mandate for coverage will not make it profitable. Many other businesses will buckle under the non regulation of insurance companies that will increase cost.

The large number of people that are going to be eligible for Medicaid is going to create increases in Federal and State taxes. Hospitals are buying up all private practices which will provide them the power to raise cost.

The middle class sector has been shrinking fast in the last couple of years with no hope of recovery. Our government has no intention of putting any more money in a economy that has no potential for growth.

With respect, "Don't anticipate outcome, await the unfolding of events," as the Zen guy says in a Wm. Gibson book.

"Will" and "Going to" are bad words. If we really knew the future, we'd be rich.

God knows I'm no Obama fan, but the Obamacare situation is so complex that I'm just watching events unfold. Saying what DID or is now happening is probably going to be more interesting. For instance, more doctors are going into private, for money paid outright, subscription yearly fee care called "concierge medicine." And not taking insurance at all. Also, right now many hotels and such are carefully holding their employment under 50, because if they go over 50 they have to provide all these expensive Obamacare benefits. That cannot be doing the job figures any good. Well, you did say businesses won't be able to expand, so that is going on, apparently.

You are correct. We have not even entered "Obarrycare" into the equation yet. However, I'm married to a wonderful lady who has been a RN and now a NP for well over 30 years. She has had conversations with countless MDs who have stated, repeatedly, that they are now "winding down" their practices in anticipation of the coming fiasco. Some are even headed to retirement, rather than be a participant.

What does this mean for the "great unwashed"? Simple. There will be a Doctor shortage nearly immediately which will grow worse over time. Nurse Practitioners will take over more and more of the "routine" care that their physicians routinely did and there will no longer be a "relationship" between Doctor and patient as "5 min time limits per visit" will be the norm.

Young perspective Med students will reconsider medical school, after all, why would you spend over a million bucks for an education to be a "salaried employee" of the Health Care system?

Lastly, I recently caught a show on ABC where they discussed the new "ACA". The host was standing next to the regulations for the ACA. Stacked vertically, it measured 7 feet, 3 inches tall. Like it or not - This thing called "Obarrycare" will, cause serious injury to our economy, if not destroy the economy.

Thanks Barry! Thanks Harry! And, finally, Thanks Nancy! for your wise words that "we ave to pass the bill, to see what's in it". God bless your cold, black hearts!

Last edited:
5 Signs Stocks Will Collapse in 2013

Who is this guy? Does he have any credibility?

The Stock Market is not the American Dream. Much of the economic activity of the U.S. economy is not reflected in the public markets.

The American Dream, imo:

- Self-sufficiency
- Self-discipline
- Frugality over instant gratification
- Respect for others and for self
- Making a better life for oneself and one's children based on one's own efforts
- Owning a home
- Saving for retirment
- Low level of debt or debt free

Given this list, our culture has already pretty much destroyed the American Dream for a large portion of the population.

The Market is up again today. 68 points already! It seems to be trying to break 15,000 this week, though that would be a resistance level, of course.

It's like it's on a helium balloon. This isn't natural and it can't be good.

Folllow the Fed...the market is assuming The Bernank will keep printing money.

You are correct. We have not even entered "Obarrycare" into the equation yet. However, I'm married to a wonderful lady who has been a RN and now a NP for well over 30 years. She has had conversations with countless MDs who have stated, repeatedly, that they are now "winding down" their practices in anticipation of the coming fiasco. Some are even headed to retirement, rather than be a participant.

What does this mean for the "great unwashed"? Simple. There will be a Doctor shortage nearly immediately which will grow worse over time.

Oh, great. I admit I think that could well happen and it's the outcome I'm most worried about.

I suppose NPs inst. of docs could lower health care costs; maybe it's "meant."

I would be interested in a concierge practice. But that would immediately result in a two-tier system. Works for me, though --- [:)

What does this mean for the "great unwashed"? Simple. There will be a Doctor shortage nearly immediately which will grow worse over time.

Oh, great. I admit I think that could well happen and it's the outcome I'm most worried about.

I would be interested in a concierge practice. But that would immediately result in a two-tier system. Works for me, though --- [:)

Our own family Physician (a wonderful Doctor), told my Wife and me that he is leaning heavily toward leaving his practice next year due to the massive regulations that will be taking over the Health Care industry.

Look, I fully realize that there was a segment of society that applauded the "free" healthcare that they would be receiving. Undortunately, nothing in this life is free. My premiums, since the advent of "OBarrycare" have risen by $2,387.94 in the last 2 years. I'm 68 and my Wife is 64. We simply can not afford these new "taxes", which is what they are.

This is going to be a fiasco of monumental proportions. Barry says "No new taxes"?? This poor fool is out of his small mind.

MD's tend to be RW fools more than the average...like accountants, marketing majors, and other pompompous ignorami. No history, poli-sci etc.

OP- WND is part of the total BS Pub Propaganda machine gloom and commies fear mongering- see Rush, Beck Sean, Murdoch, Moonie, Breitbart Inc, and a 100+ Pubcrape Orgs, institutes, bloggers and websites that report the same made up idiocy, 10-20 Google pages, all at the same time and all paid for by the same greedy idiot billionnaires. They want gov't power to steal again.

5 Signs Stocks Will Collapse in 2013

Who is this guy? Does he have any credibility?

"Stocks rose on Thursday, with the Dow and the S&P 500 climbing to fresh all-time intraday highs after data showed jobless claims dropped more than expected.

"It's not a good day for technology stocks, but overall, we are in a strong market," said Joe Bell, senior equity analyst at Schaeffer's Investment Research, in Cincinnati.

"It's encouraging to see how the market starts off weak on a bit of natural profit taking, and then market participants instantly bid the market higher."

:eusa_whistle:

Our own family Physician (a wonderful Doctor), told my Wife and me that he is leaning heavily toward leaving his practice next year due to the massive regulations that will be taking over the Health Care industry.

Look, I fully realize that there was a segment of society that applauded the "free" healthcare that they would be receiving. Undortunately, nothing in this life is free. My premiums, since the advent of "OBarrycare" have risen by $2,387.94 in the last 2 years. I'm 68 and my Wife is 64. We simply can not afford these new "taxes", which is what they are.

This is going to be a fiasco of monumental proportions. Barry says "No new taxes"?? This poor fool is out of his small mind.

Health insurance is Not Health Care...as many are going to learn the hard way when they cannot find a doctor who will treat them for the lowballed ObamaCare rates.

Breaking- O-care hasn't started yet. Insurers have been averaging double digit increases for years, and NOT for guaranteed care. Your doctor gets Pubcrappe from the AMA. My father was a surgeon who was for socialized medicine since 1940, and kept that on the low down. They're mainly Pub dupes- Their abilities as doctors have nothing to do with that.

The reason the stock market is rising is simple. There's no other place to put money for a decent return.

No. That is not the reason.
The reason is the Fed is still buying $85,000,000,000 PER MONTH of bad investments.
Think of it this way, if you owned a business - and the government every month buys all of your debt that is Over 90 days - how will this affect who you agree to do business with? Right - you wouldn't care who you did business with because you know you will get paid no matter what.
Now, the market is obviously giving very, very good returns now. However it is un-tradeable to almost everyone. If you have significant funds in the market right now - you are basically playing Russian roulette. There is absolutely zero doubt that this massive bubble is going to fall and fall hard. If you time it wrong, which is almost certain, you will lose everything you gained along with your principle.
When that happens - you lose. However, if you are a central bank or one of the top investment firms on Wall Street - you won't lose either way. Therefore...

Last edited:
Breaking- O-care hasn't started yet. Insurers have been averaging double digit increases for years, and NOT for guaranteed care. Your doctor gets Pubcrappe from the AMA. My father was a surgeon who was for socialized medicine since 1940, and kept that on the low down. They're mainly Pub dupes- Their abilities as doctors have nothing to do with that.

Breaking: ObamaCare has started.

Here's the timeline for 2010 alone:

Federal officials authorized to review and investigate health insurance premium increases. This provision encroaches on state authority and imposes a costly burden on insurers.

FDA authorized to approve “follow-on” biologics.

Increase brand-name pharmaceutical Medicaid rebate (from 15.1% to 23.1%).

Medicare payments to physicians in primarily rural areas increase (2 years).

Deny “black liquor” eligibility for cellulosic bio-fuel producer’s credit.

Tax credits provided to certain small employers for healthcare-related expenses. Dan Danner, the President of the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB), wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed that these credits are not designed to be useful to small businesses.

Increase adoption tax incentives for 2 years.

Codify economic substance doctrine and impose penalties for underpayments (transactions beginning on 3/23/10).

Provide income exclusion for specified Indian tribe health benefits provided after 3/23/10.

Temporary high-risk pool and high-cost union retiree reinsurance pool ($5 billion for each pool for 3.5 years, Total Cost: $35 billion) (takes effect on 6/23/10).

Impose 10% tax on indoor UV tanning (takes effect on 7/1/10).

Medicare cuts to inpatient psych hospitals (takes effect on 7/1/10).

Prohibits lifetime and annual benefit spending limits (plan years beginning 9/23/10).
The result of limiting lifetime and annual benefits will be that private health insurance companies will be forced out of business.

Prohibits non-group plans from canceling coverage (rescissions) (plan years beginning 9/23/10).

Requires plans to cover - at no charge to the policyholder - most preventive care (plan years beginning 9/23/10). As Michael Cannon at CATO explains, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Cannon writes here that the result of this government requirement will be higher premiums.

Allows dependents to stay on parents’ policies through age 26 (plan years beginning 9/23/10).

Provides limited protections to children with pre-existing conditions (plan years beginning 9/23/10).

Hospitals in “Frontier States” (ND, MT, WY, SD, UT) receive higher Medicare payments for up to five years. After these higher reimbursement rates are discontinued, these states will be forced to find additional funds for Medicaid in their state budgets.

Hospitals in “low-cost” areas receive higher Medicare payments for 2 years. This provision will create a “funding cliff” because hospitals will become more dependent on federal Medicare reimbursements, which disappear after two years....

Timeline for Implementing ObamaCare | American Healthcare Education Coalition | American Healthcare Education Coalition

Some taxation provisions started immediately, with benefits deferred until 2014. This is how ObamaCare was able to get a net deficit reduction score from the CBO. It has 10 years of taxes and 6 years of benefits. Now that we are in 2013, the scoring shows it will cost over a $T over 10 years instead of "bending the cost curve down".

And it does NOTHING to increase the supply of health care...quite the contrary, we'll see doctors retire and hospitals close.

Heckuva job, Barry!

Yeah.....that's what's BEEN.....

....GOING ON!

"Why should an insurance company struggle to be more efficient, or accept lower profits in a deep recession, if it doesn't have to? Why should an insurance company care if you have health care at all--or whether you can cope with increasing copays and deductibles--as long as its profits and CEO pay stay fat?"

Your rates have BEEN going-up....ever since 2000!!!!
(....And, you're a liar, to say otherwise.)

handjob.gif

Wow, you're an insecure little liberal thug, aren't you? Look at you, with your BIG letters!! Did Mommy teach you to write like that??

Must be compensating for that little dick......

Forum List

Back