Tractor Supply went woke

Report that shit to Ebay....They do not like people piggybacking off their bandwidth to sell crap from their competitor.

Thank you. That's a great suggestion! It was really disappointing to feel like Amazon was stealing away my options.

Its too bad that influencers on both sides waste our time setting up a point instead of just getting to the point

I suspect they want to make the video longer so that they can collect more money

This video for instance contains 4-5 minutes of hot air at the beginning
We are usually on the same page with these things, but I have to gently disagree here.

IMO the 30-second sound bite is seriously creating reading and listening comprehension problems in the U.S. Because we are being conditioned to get information in those short bits, we miss a whole lot of context and rationale that aids in critical thinking, comprehensive analysis and concept. And it is a huge reason that the more destructive left and the more militant rightwing extremists get it so wrong. They are conditioned to not consider the background or reasons that a point is the point but just react with slogans and talking points or acting out that they couldn't provide a logical rationale for if their lives depended on it.

I believe YouTube is owned by Google... just as "woke," but for the sake of accuracy...
You’re correct. I’ll buy that he’s “anti-woke” when he stops supporting the woke companies and actually sacrifices.

Of course it begs the question too... These right wing “non-woke” commentators don’t seem to ever be found on Truth Social...or whatever the “non-woke” equivalent to YouTube is, do they?

We are usually on the same page with these things, but I have to gently disagree here.

IMO the 30-second sound bite is seriously creating reading and listening comprehension problems in the U.S. Because we are being conditioned to get information in those short bits, we miss a whole lot of context and rationale that aids in critical thinking, comprehensive analysis and concept. And it is a huge reason that the more destructive left and the more militant rightwing extremists get it so wrong. They are conditioned to not consider the background or reasons that a point is the point but just react with slogans and talking points or acting out that they couldn't provide a logical rationale for if their lives depended on it.
I think the podcasters get paid more the longer the click lasts

If they explained the headline up front they make less money

Not that he may not be sincere, but everyone has bills to pay

Mickey Mouse lost tons of money too.
The point of the video is that in a free market capitalist system you provide the products that your customers need and and want. In order to do that you need to know your customers. And the vast majority of customers just want to buy a riding mower or a few summer T-shirts or a six pack of beer or provide their kids with a joyful day of entertainment without somebody being in their face pushing some kind of offensive social engineering or some woke promotion. They resent having their daily lives interrupted by somebody preaching to to them, denigrating their values and/or insulting their intelligence.

The smart businessman who wants business from everybody does sociopolitics privately but keeps his business entirely neutral so that everybody feels comfortable and unannoyed shopping/buying/using products regardless of their sexual orientation, color of skin, ethnicity, religion, etc.

Last edited:
I think the podcasters get paid more the longer the click lasts

If they explained the headline up front they make less money

Not that he may not be sincere, but everyone has bills to pay
No argument there. And I'm guilty as anybody at getting impatient with those who won't get to the point. Those video ads that take forever to get to 'the one food product nobody should eat' or 'to cure something you should do this' are infuriating to me and I refuse to watch/listen to or read them.

But when I want to understand something, that 15 or 30 second soundbite doesn't do it for me. That's why I so enjoy most of Mark Levine's television shows. He really goes into the background and philosophy to support a concept or opinion and actually educates.

So, I cut the podcast folks some slack there too and allow them to flesh out their opinion on something. If it makes them money, good for them. :)

The point of the video is that in a free market capitalist system you provide the products that your customers need and and want. In order to do that you need to know your customers. And the vast majority of customers just want to buy a riding mower or a few summer T-shirts or a six pack of beer or provide their kids with a joyful day of entertainment without somebody being in their face pushing some kind of offensive social engineering or some woke promotion. They resent having their daily lives interrupted by somebody preaching to to them, denigrating their values and/or insulting their intellect.

The smart businessman who wants business from everybody does sociopolitics privately but keeps his business entirely neutral so that everybody feels comfortable and unannoyed shopping/buying/using products regardless of their sexual orientation, color of skin, ethnicity, religion, etc.
True. Mickey failed that.

TSC always seemed like.a weekend farmers store. More “farm” equipment than a box hardware store but more approachable than your typical Feed&seed. They do have decent and useful stocking stuffers during the holidays

Just like it didn't hurt Bud Light?
iu
A momentary blip doesn't hurt a conglomerate like AB InBev.

But keep on believing that you crippled them because some rednecks switched to Old Milwaukee's Best Light.
4i6Ckte.gif

Meh....No loss at all.

Tractor Supply is to farm equipment what Harbor Freight is to tools: total crap.
There's nothing wrong with Harbor Freight. Pros don't shop there, but if you need a pipe wrench for one household job, I'd rather pay $7 than $28. And some of their tools are just as good. I bought a breaker bar for under $10 over 15 years ago and, being a long hunk of steel, it works just as well today. Lowes? $35-$50.

I'm going on at least 5 years with my HF cordless screwdriver.

Does he really think we watch all these videos he scouts the Internet to find? What kind of loser spends his time looking for things to piss him off?
We need to know who to boycott. Unfortunately all the major beer companies sponsor pride crap, so that leaves us with the expensive microbrew brands.

There's nothing wrong with Harbor Freight. Pros don't shop there, but if you need a pipe wrench for one household job, I'd rather pay $7 than $28. And some of their tools are just as good. I bought a breaker bar for under $10 over 15 years ago and, being a long hunk of steel, it works just as well today. Lowes? $35-$50.

I'm going on at least 5 years with my HF cordless screwdriver.
I buy my demo hammers there. They take a beating and the 3 year replacement no questions asked has saved me money vs my Milwaukee when it broke

Forum List

Back