Trade School 2 : Felons

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
this is something i've forgotten to talk about.

do you know what our piece-of-crap government does?

they take people who have just walked out prison, and use OUR tax money to pay for trade school.
they say ,"look! we're training these people for careers! ...rehabilitation!"

great.

there's only one problem.
there's not one company that will hire felons for home service.(plumbing, HVAC, electrical, anything that pays well)
it's not a matter of choice either, insurance companies are now dictating to employers who they can and can't hire.

so if these people are trained and can't get hired, what are we left with?
we're left with the government transferring tax payer money to profit schools, ...end of story

(occasionally the government will sponsor a felon at a company but it's rare, and worthless)

they take people who have just walked out prison, and use OUR tax money to pay for trade school.

great.

there's not one company that will hire felons for home service.(plumbing, HVAC, electrical, anything that pays well)
it's not a matter of choice either, insurance companies are now dictating to employers who they can and can't hire.

we're left with the government transferring tax payer money to profit schools, ...end of story

(occasionally the government will sponsor a felon at a company but it's rare, and worthless)

So your solution is, what, exactly?

Besides the fact the trades are hardly the only career options open to ex-convicts, what do you propose to do with them?

We already lock up 2 million and have another 7 million on parole or probation, I'd think we need to do something to handle this.

great.

I know LOTS and LOTS of felons that got prison training in a trade. Sometimes they are hired for home service, companies are willing to look the other way just to get someone with some kind of training. More often, though, they don't work for companies that service homes. They work for companies that service commercial enterprises, particularly where the job requires a crew and they are supervised.

The real tragedy is that people who are lucky enough to get into a prison training program have to be in prison to get some training. Some have been in prison a number of times before they are finally able to get into a program. It would be much simpler and cost effective to cut out prison as the middle man and get people into training programs in high school. Instead we maintain the fiction of college for all, while social grade promotion guarantees that they can't get into a college or university. The concept that ALL students should be prepared to enter college, while not actually preparing them, is one of the cruelest and most expensive hoaxes ever perpetrated on a public.

Forum List

Back