Train carrying crude oil derails in Canada..explodes...THANKS Obuma for NO PIPELINE!!!

Pattycake, you have made very few statements that I have questions about. Most have been incredibly stupid, without basis in fact or logic.

That's my point. Build the pipeline and we won't have those railroad accidents here. Don't build it and we will.

We already have Canadian pipelines.

Why do we need the Koch pipeline so Canada can export their oil?
No, so we can send it to our refineries through a secure pipeline instead of on the highway where some drunk driving liberal can cause a bad accident.
Aw tell the man the truth, SJ. Koch has made a sucker out of you and the Conservative crowd. You are all KOCH SUCKERS!

So a pipeline isn't more secure than sending oil by rail? Is that what you're trying to tell us?
I thought I answered that question in post #44. Did you read it?

briprat9643 said:
That's pure horseshit. Railroads are also subject to seismic activity. Furthermore, the entire length of the pipeline is in an area known for low seismic activity. That argument is pure demagoguery. You and Obama are just a couple of lying hosebags.

You might be in a position to know more than your President does about Keystone but I doubt it! I wonder do you know that a lot of Conservative are also against the pipeline. Their reasons may differ from "liberal" environmentalists but they are opposed just the same:
Opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline crosses party lines as does support for it.

Obama is reacting to a mix of protestors from across the entire political spectrum, not just liberals. In fact, the Unions are FOR the pipeline while Tea Party and environmental activists in Texas oppose

the project. Strange bedfellows indeed!

Conservatives owning land through which the pipeline would run have also voiced opposition to it. Many complain about a foreign company using eminent domain to acquire the use of private land. That alone is sufficient, IMHO, to take pause. I'll drink to THAT!

Ultimately, though, the oil flow to the gulf ports, logically, is for export. Of the 6 companies contracting for much of the pipeline's oil, 5 are foreign.

If that wasn't shocking enough, those of you who have screamed about "job creation" probably haven't read or even heard of the report by Cornell University's Global Labor Institute indicating only 2,500 to 4,650 temporary direct construction jobs would materialize and last for two years.

No, so we can send it to our refineries through a secure pipeline instead of on the highway where some drunk driving liberal can cause a bad accident.
Aw tell the man the truth, SJ. Koch has made a sucker out of you and the Conservative crowd. You are all KOCH SUCKERS!

So a pipeline isn't more secure than sending oil by rail? Is that what you're trying to tell us?

briprat9643 said:
That's pure horseshit. Railroads are also subject to seismic activity. Furthermore, the entire length of the pipeline is in an area known for low seismic activity. That argument is pure demagoguery. You and Obama are just a couple of lying hosebags.

You might be in a position to know more than your President does about Keystone but I doubt it! I wonder do you know that a lot of Conservative are also against the pipeline. Their reasons may differ from "liberal" environmentalists but they are opposed just the same:
Opposition to the Keystone XL pipeline crosses party lines as does support for it.

Obama is reacting to a mix of protestors from across the entire political spectrum, not just liberals. In fact, the Unions are FOR the pipeline while Tea Party and environmental activists in Texas oppose

Conservatives owning land through which the pipeline would run have also voiced opposition to it. Many complain about a foreign company using eminent domain to acquire the use of private land. That alone is sufficient, IMHO, to take pause. I'll drink to THAT!

Ultimately, though, the oil flow to the gulf ports, logically, is for export. Of the 6 companies contracting for much of the pipeline's oil, 5 are foreign.

If that wasn't shocking enough, those of you who have screamed about "job creation" probably haven't read or even heard of the report by Cornell University's Global Labor Institute indicating only 2,500 to 4,650 temporary direct construction jobs would materialize and last for two years.
Hey look! JQPubic posted something unrelated to race!

It'll take a major catastrophe for the communists to get the fuck out of the way of pipeline development. There was a lawyer/actuary for one of the big companies that insure petroleum trains on C-Span a couple of weeks ago. He said the two biggest problems were infrastructure -bad rails, outdated rails, and the current fleet of petroleum railcars that are just too old and substandard. They blow up all the time. There are safer cars available, new designs that are much safer than the current antiquated fleet, but the rail companies need to make enough money for petroleum transport to justify the investment in these new and very expensive cars.

Pipeline development has become such a politicized issue that people have lost their grip on reality. Pipelines are far and away the safest method of transporting petroleum. Yet it'll take a catastrophe of epic proportions to make the left wake up to the fact that they court major environmental disaster and the loss of human lives every time a petroleum train passes through a rural town in North America.

petroleum train explosions - Google Search

This proves it was never about environmental concerns, it's about keeping us dependent on the towelheads for our energy needs (to be used as a weapon later).
It proves nothing. It was a happened in Canada where it was headed to another city in oh yeah, Canada.

It happened because the Canadians cannot ship their oil by pipeline to refineries in the Gulf.

You're a moron.
Speaking of morons. No it happened because they weren't following code. That is not the point. It didn't happen in the US or have anything to do with Keystone. The whole thread is a lie.

This proves it was never about environmental concerns, it's about keeping us dependent on the towelheads for our energy needs (to be used as a weapon later).
It proves nothing. It was a happened in Canada where it was headed to another city in oh yeah, Canada.

It happened because the Canadians cannot ship their oil by pipeline to refineries in the Gulf.

You're a moron.
Speaking of morons. No it happened because they weren't following code. That is not the point. It didn't happen in the US or have anything to do with Keystone. The whole thread is a lie.

ROFL. What "code" weren't they following?

Whether it happened in the U.S. or not isn't the issue. You leftwing eco turds aren't concerned about the environment only in the United States, right? And your claim that it had nothing to do with Keystone lacks any visible means of support. The oil came from the tar sands area, all of which would be going down the pipeline to the Gulf if it existed.

CN said the crude oil on the train originated in Alberta and was destined for Eastern Canada.

Dear Canada, keep your crap crude in your own country.

You're another moron. Do you put gas in your car? Do you buy things made of plastic? Is your house painted?
Exactly. All those happen without Canada's dross.
So you don't care if the actions of our government cause environmental catastrophes ("dross") in other countries?
You are a little stupid, aren't you?

I'm just paraphrasing what you posted. If that's stupid, well, you know who to blame.

Dear Canada, keep your crap crude in your own country.

You're another moron. Do you put gas in your car? Do you buy things made of plastic? Is your house painted?
So you don't care if the actions of our government cause environmental catastrophes ("dross") in other countries?

I'm just paraphrasing what you posted. If that's stupid, well, you know who to blame.
We don't need the crap Canada is trying to force down our throats, one.
This incident has nothing to do with the pipeline, two.
You really are stupid, three.

:thup:

We don't need the crap Canada is trying to force down our throats, one.
This incident has nothing to do with the pipeline, two.
You really are stupid, three.

:thup:

When you stop putting gas in your car, perhaps someone will take you seriously. Otherwise they know you're full of shit. I just proved that the oil came from Alberta, which means the same area where the pipeline would come from. Three, you just proved you are stupid. Everything you say is wrong.

briprat9643 said:

I note that your post has been completely ignored.
It obviously wasn't partisan enough - too many facts, not enough screaming.

It'll take a major catastrophe for the communists to get the fuck out of the way of pipeline development. There was a lawyer/actuary for one of the big companies that insure petroleum trains on C-Span a couple of weeks ago. He said the two biggest problems were infrastructure -bad rails, outdated rails, and the current fleet of petroleum railcars that are just too old and substandard. They blow up all the time. There are safer cars available, new designs that are much safer than the current antiquated fleet, but the rail companies need to make enough money for petroleum transport to justify the investment in these new and very expensive cars.

Pipeline development has become such a politicized issue that people have lost their grip on reality. Pipelines are far and away the safest method of transporting petroleum. Yet it'll take a catastrophe of epic proportions to make the left wake up to the fact that they court major environmental disaster and the loss of human lives every time a petroleum train passes through a rural town in North America.

petroleum train explosions - Google Search

When you stop putting gas in your car, perhaps someone will take you seriously. Otherwise they know you're full of shit. I just proved that the oil came from Alberta, which means the same area where the pipeline would come from. Three, you just proved you are stupid. Everything you say is wrong.

I own two Tesla's.

ROFL. What "code" weren't they following?

Whether it happened in the U.S. or not isn't the issue. You leftwing eco turds aren't concerned about the environment only in the United States, right? And your claim that it had nothing to do with Keystone lacks any visible means of support. The oil came from the tar sands area, all of which would be going down the pipeline to the Gulf if it existed.

CN said the crude oil on the train originated in Alberta and was destined for Eastern Canada.
The new CPC 1232 safety specifications. You should actually read the shit you link to. And you are the Leftwing turd screaming about the environment. I don't care about it in any country. What I pointed out is that it has nothing to do with Keystone.

Forum List

Back