Trey Gowdy On Hillary Emails: 'We Haven't Seen Any Evidence Of A Crime'

there was no LAW to break when she was in office ... the only LAW regarding emails is HR1233 , and that LAW was passed in 2014 ..

TWO YEARS AFTER CLINTON LEFT OFFICE.

RW want facts, well there they are.

another miserable fail by the RW.

They haven't lost the general election in 2016 to a Democrat ... YET.

That's rather "No Controlling Legal Authority" of you, bub.

You're also wrong. Hillary fired an ambassador for using a private email account in 2011. What's good for the gander is good for the goose.

there was no LAW before 2014 ... policy maybe, but LAWS didn't exist.

I'm not wrong

You are thoroughly ignorant. Here's a passage from the Federal Records Act of 1950

The head of each Federal agency shall make and preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency and designed to furnish the information necessary to protect the legal and financial rights of the Government and of persons directly affected by the agency’s activities. (44 U.S. Code § 3101)

Read more at: National Review

Federal Records Act of 1950 - The IT Law Wiki

FRA 1950 included electronic transmissions aka email ... gee,,who knew.

do yourself a favor and read HR1233, even you should be able to understand how it amends FRA 1950

FRA 1950 said records and documentation. It did not specify paper, vocal records, smoke signals, etc.

It was certainly clear enough for the State Department to include emails in its 1995 rules.

WASHINGTON -- “We haven’t seen any evidence of a crime,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chair of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, said Sunday about Hillary Clinton’s private email use during her service as Secretary of State.

Gowdy was speaking to "Fox News Sunday" days after Clinton responded to a New York Times article alleging that she “may have violated federal requirements” under federal records laws.

Fox News’ Chris Wallace repeatedly asked Gowdy whether Clinton had broken any laws. The Benghazi committee chair declined each time to implicate Clinton.

Asked again by Wallace if Clinton had broken rules put in place by the Obama administration, Gowdy said, “I’m going to have to let smart lawyers decide if she complied with the law or not.”

I'm pleasantly surprised that Gowdy would be this honest up front.
Trey needs a new hair cut. He looks like a character out of "Deliverance".

WASHINGTON -- “We haven’t seen any evidence of a crime,” Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the chair of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, said Sunday about Hillary Clinton’s private email use during her service as Secretary of State.

Gowdy was speaking to "Fox News Sunday" days after Clinton responded to a New York Times article alleging that she “may have violated federal requirements” under federal records laws.

Fox News’ Chris Wallace repeatedly asked Gowdy whether Clinton had broken any laws. The Benghazi committee chair declined each time to implicate Clinton.

Asked again by Wallace if Clinton had broken rules put in place by the Obama administration, Gowdy said, “I’m going to have to let smart lawyers decide if she complied with the law or not.”

He reminds me of a Hitler youth.

gowdy-doody.jpg

He reminds me of a Hitler youth.

.....and Hitler gets invoked by the Left. What are the odds?

Two Investigator Generals who have alleged that 4 of Hillary Clinton's personal emails contained Classified Information . If their request to the Attorney General to conduct an investigation is granted and their answer is no, then the case would be over and Mrs Clinton would be absolved of the Inspector Generals' Allegations.
The Inspector Generals are not politically appointed. They are Career Civil Servants who are not beholding to any elected officials.

Last edited:
Two Investigator Generals who have alleged that 4 of Hillary Clinton's personal emails contained Classified Information . If their request to the Attorney General to conducts an investigation of her of emails and their answer is no, then the case would be over and Mrs Clinton would be absolved of the Inspector Generals' Allegations.
The Inspector Generals are not politically appointed. They are Career Civil Servants who are not beholding to any elected officials.
Actually the inspector gens were speaking about FOIA requested emails that they felt the State dept should classify and not release without some blacking out....or lining through....

I wonder if you can see the same world the rest of us do. When he says, "We haven't seen any evidence of a crime" that immediately tells you that no crime has been committed?

Haven't seen and "Has not committed" are two entirely different things. Now, you get back to us when he says she has NOT committed any crimes.

Two Investigator Generals who have alleged that 4 of Hillary Clinton's personal emails contained Classified Information . If their request to the Attorney General to conduct an investigation is granted and their answer is no, then the case would be over and Mrs Clinton would be absolved of the Inspector Generals' Allegations.

the problem is that those guys report to obama's AG. They may be career civil servants but their boss is a political appointee.

Two Investigator Generals who have alleged that 4 of Hillary Clinton's personal emails contained Classified Information . If their request to the Attorney General to conducts an investigation of her of emails and their answer is no, then the case would be over and Mrs Clinton would be absolved of the Inspector Generals' Allegations.
Actually the inspector gens were speaking about FOIA requested emails that they felt the State dept should classify and not release without some blacking out....or lining through....

NYT

Oops!

No evidence of a crime.

There's plenty of evidence. It was a crime for her not to use the official government email system.
No, it was not at the time, BriPat. Colin Powell also used his own Private server, while he was Secretary of State, so precedence had been set. Plus the server Hillary used, was set up by the Secret Service for her hubby with all the best in security, supposedly.

Even though it has not been found that Hillary has committed any crimes - the NaziCons continue to perpetuate the illusion that she has committed crimes. Apparently they aren't praying hard enough yet.

Yeah, if I'm Gowdy I'm going to blab to the world on TV what we might have uncovered about someone we're gonna supoena to appear.

Some of you low info dopes should never get near a poker table.

Forum List

Back