Trickle down Econ already working for AT&T, Wells Fargo and Comcast employees...Thanks Donny!

I don't know that there are many companies who ever said they can't afford anything. Salary increases are usually based on many other things than if a company can afford them or not.
Exactly

This is why pretending that this huge tax cut will actually help employees is laughable

There are more ways to help employees besides pay hikes. Remember that costs of employees go up all the time, particularly those who are covered by a company healthcare plan. Money can be going so a larger employee contribution is not needed, or they may be expanding their employee base. If you read the articles, you see that many of those companies are promising larger charitable contributions, particularly to those charities that are supported by their employees.

Then there is the question whether all companies will see a decrease in corporate taxes. I don't know, just throwing it out there. If the effective tax rate for your company is currently 18%, does it stay that way or is your new effective tax rate 9%? I don't know.

What I do know is that if this tax plan leads to an economic boom, wages will increase naturally.
Along with frozen salaries......declining healthcare coverage has also dominated the last decade

Now there is no reason to freeze either

I'll believe it when I see it

Take AT&T for instance. Besides bonuses and raises, they plan on investing one billion of those dollars in their own company.
Why didn't they do it before?

Investing in your company is tax deductable

Most people don't understand what tax deductible even means. If you spend a billion dollars, that doesn't mean the government takes that billion dollars off of what you owe them. You wanted to know what they are going to do with the money and I'm explaining that to you. Only part of it is going towards employee pay/ bonus.

It isn't trickle down. Trickle down is giving money to Jpe Moneybags who will give it to the poor. This is the reverse of trickle down. The worker is getting money directly that s/he earns, and not having to get it through an agency.

Your first example is redistribution of wealth; also known as vote buying.

Granny says, "Good, ya got back"...

... last she heard ya was...

... Lost in Space.

AT&T was first to announce it would pay bonuses of $1,000 to more than 200,000 U.S. employees in response to tax reform. The telecommunications giant previously said it would invest $1 billion in the U.S. if “competitive” tax reform was passed, and that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act would increase demand for their services.

AT&T will layoff and fire more than a thousand workers starting early next year, according to local reports.

Across the Midwest, an estimated 600 workers were notified they were being laid off by the company on December 16, a week before AT&T announced it was doling out $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 of its employees in celebration of the Republican Party's tax overhaul.

The telecommunications giant told the Chicago Tribune in a statement that the layoffs were part of its “workforce adjustment" strategy for its declining legacy services.

U.S. Businesses Announce Wage Increases, Bonuses, Hirings After Tax Reform | People's Pundit Daily

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Granny says, "Lookit dat...

... dat Bart Simpson is moonin' ever'body...

... his momma oughta give him a smack fer dat!"

Granny says, "Lookit dat...

... there's Bart Simpson showin' his butt again...

... Homer oughta give him such a smackin'."

2018 will be an election year

Democrats will campaign on the tax cuts being for the rich
By November, voters will know if they got pay raises trickling down and how much difference in their pay checks due to tax cuts

The fact is that the rich will get the largest share of the tax cuts. If we were talking about the rate cuts that would be fine. However numerous loopholes were left in that the rich will be able to take advantage of. Trump, Paul Ryan and Corker will get a huge tax cut thanks to the special interest provision that was slipped in. I don't think middle class people will be too happy about that.

By November, voters will know if they got pay raises trickling down and how much difference in their pay checks due to tax cuts

The fact is that the rich will get the largest share of the tax cuts. If we were talking about the rate cuts that would be fine. However numerous loopholes were left in that the rich will be able to take advantage of. Trump, Paul Ryan and Corker will get a huge tax cut thanks to the special interest provision that was slipped in. I don't think middle class people will be too happy about that.
And republicans will make believe how happy they are with the crumbs the lying moron gives them

A 50 percent cut in your taxes is very generous
It should be reflected in employee wages

Rather than a few anecdotal stories about this company or that company.....let's see REAL wage increases in next months jobs report

What are real wage increases? If you make $13.00 an hour and get a $1.30 raise, that's a 10% increase right there.

It may take six months or so, but as the economy grows, so does a shortage of workers. As long s we can keep the foreigners out, that will spark a labor war.
BLS reports salary statistics every month

If the 50 percent tax cut to businesses is trickling down to workers, we should see it reflected in the salary statistics. It has been going up a few cents a month but given the magnitude of the tax cut, we should see a significant jump in salary numbers over the next few months

Agree?

To a degree, yes, but again, that all depends on job creation.

Will we see 1975 again? Never no matter what Trump or anybody else does. But we already see the results of Trump's work by getting rid of costly regulations on businesses and creating a positive business environment. The very idea that you can now expand your business beyond 50 full-time employees will give businesses the opportunity to grow as they see fit instead of what the government sees fit.

Federal pay and Social Security went up 2 percent this year for cost of living. Due to 50 percent tax cuts, those in the private sector should see significantly more
If those pay raises fail to occur, we can conclude there was no trickle down

Aren't we seeing that already? Bonuses and increases in minimum company wage?

Some of these were in response to other companies that raised wages even before the tax bill was taken up. Others have business before the government or rely on the government for a good portion of their business. This is PR and nothing more.

Federal pay and Social Security went up 2 percent this year for cost of living. Due to 50 percent tax cuts, those in the private sector should see significantly more

Salaries have been slowly trickling upward
With a huge surge in stock prices and now a huge tax cut, you would expect a corporations to make up for a decade of stagnant wage increases

Hasn't materialized yet

You mean companies like AT&T, Boeing, Comcast, Wells Fargo and Fifth Third Bancorp, etc.?
Well......the December jobs report comes out next week

Lets see if those salary numbers jump like they should

These are some of the companies providing bonuses, I don't think the jobs report reflects bonuses. As far as the tax cut, that won't take affect until February if not mistaken. Only thing we should see in the December report is an increase in jobs....which I'm sure you'll be one of the first to claim it's due to seasonal jobs.

That is what Republicans claimed when there was a increase in jobs. I am sure that everything that happens that is good, you will credit the tax cuts. They will have little effect on the economy.

What are real wage increases? If you make $13.00 an hour and get a $1.30 raise, that's a 10% increase right there.

It may take six months or so, but as the economy grows, so does a shortage of workers. As long s we can keep the foreigners out, that will spark a labor war.

If the 50 percent tax cut to businesses is trickling down to workers, we should see it reflected in the salary statistics. It has been going up a few cents a month but given the magnitude of the tax cut, we should see a significant jump in salary numbers over the next few months

Agree?

Will we see 1975 again? Never no matter what Trump or anybody else does. But we already see the results of Trump's work by getting rid of costly regulations on businesses and creating a positive business environment. The very idea that you can now expand your business beyond 50 full-time employees will give businesses the opportunity to grow as they see fit instead of what the government sees fit.

Some of these were in response to other companies that raised wages even before the tax bill was taken up. Others have business before the government or rely on the government for a good portion of their business. This is PR and nothing more.
I call it kissing the mafia leaders ring

ALL companies received a 50 percent tax cut. While you celebrate a few who are looking for public relations, we won't know the full impact nation wide till we see those salary reports over the next few months
I would expect a healthy increase......otherwise, we can be certain that trickle down did not happen

ALL companies received a 50 percent tax cut.

Bad math.

we won't know the full impact nation wide till we see those salary reports over the next few months

What about the higher dividends and higher stock prices? Don't they count?
Dividends are a different topic
We are talking trickling down the tax cuts to employees

There is no reason employers should be telling their workers.......we can't afford pay increases this year

Let's see if they materialize

I don't know that there are many companies who ever said they can't afford anything. Salary increases are usually based on many other things than if a company can afford them or not.
Exactly

This is why pretending that this huge tax cut will actually help employees is laughable

There are more ways to help employees besides pay hikes. Remember that costs of employees go up all the time, particularly those who are covered by a company healthcare plan. Money can be going so a larger employee contribution is not needed, or they may be expanding their employee base. If you read the articles, you see that many of those companies are promising larger charitable contributions, particularly to those charities that are supported by their employees.

Then there is the question whether all companies will see a decrease in corporate taxes. I don't know, just throwing it out there. If the effective tax rate for your company is currently 18%, does it stay that way or is your new effective tax rate 9%? I don't know.

What I do know is that if this tax plan leads to an economic boom, wages will increase naturally.

There are already good paying jobs out there that employers cannot fill. The problem is that workers do not have the technical skills or they cannot move. What do Republicans do about it? They get rid of the deduction for moving expenses. Really smart GOP. But then they had to find a way to pay for those business tax cuts.

ALL companies received a 50 percent tax cut.

Bad math.

we won't know the full impact nation wide till we see those salary reports over the next few months

What about the higher dividends and higher stock prices? Don't they count?

There is no reason employers should be telling their workers.......we can't afford pay increases this year

Exactly

There are already good paying jobs out there that employers cannot fill. The problem is that workers do not have the technical skills or they cannot move. What do Republicans do about it? They get rid of the deduction for moving expenses. Really smart GOP. But then they had to find a way to pay for those business tax cuts.

Oh sure, those moving write-offs amount to billions.

The left constantly cries about Republicans giving tax breaks to companies that move overseas. But the truth is the only tax break any company gets from moving are moving expenses. Now that Trump got rid of them, you're still complaining.

"Trump, Paul Ryan and Corker will get a huge tax cut thanks to the special interest provision that was slipped in."

Do tell......what is this all about?

Agree?

Oh please. If Trump passed a national minimum wage of $15.00 an hour, you leftists would be all giddy. Or would you call that a PR move too?

The companies that said they would give out these bonuses and wage increases stated it would be based on the full passage of these tax cuts.

Exactly

Oh sure, those moving write-offs amount to billions.

The left constantly cries about Republicans giving tax breaks to companies that move overseas. But the truth is the only tax break any company gets from moving are moving expenses. Now that Trump got rid of them, you're still complaining.
How Trump's Corporate-Tax Plan Could Send American Jobs Overseas

The tax bill is a giant permission slip for shipping profits overseas

Senate Republicans block bill to end tax breaks for outsourcing

Only idiots trust anything Republicans do. Especially after Iraq, the Bush Tax Cuts, and Trump's GOP.

And republicans will make believe how happy they are with the crumbs the lying moron gives them

Better to vote Republican and get those crumbs than vote Democrat and have any crumbs you have taken away. You know, kind of like your income tax refund check if you don't have health insurance?

What is it the left doesn't understand about people who pay most all of our federal income tax getting the largest tax break? Who should be getting the largest tax break, the people who pay little to nothing in federal income taxes?

Forum List

Back