trickle down

California has debts of nearly 450 BILLION in unfunded pension debt...it's their ticking time bomb
How long has that deficit been around?
Which party defined the pension system that caused it to occur?

No idea personally I could care less about California. Regardless the debt is there and posting an "11 billion dollar surplus" is comical
The beauty of Accounting Rules is that you can fudge the numbers in countless ways.

Agreed but in the end if the money is owed and it's an unfunded debt you're pretty much fucked

Bill Maher is a comedian and not a very funny one at that. Post the vid of Assange exposing the asshat for a Hillary ass sniffing lapdog. That was funny, Maher was dumbfounded
any way you look at his ability to tell it like it is, well lets look under Arnold 26 billion debt he caused under democrats leadership 11 bill dollar surplus .... so if thats what we get surplus instead of debt then pick hillary ....
well lets look under Arnold 26 billion debt he caused under democrats leadership
the key words are .....under democrats leadership.....and arnie did not do this on his own billy,he had help from people like you....

its funny how stupid republicans really are

Could be, but liberals are even dumber voting for trickle up poverty.

so you're saying so i'm clear here, you would rather have a 26 billion deficit over a 11 billion dollar surplus ... your reason would be even dumber the fact that you're voting for trickle down economic ... by they way california isn't in poverty .... Kansas is ... Lausanne is ... why ???repiublicons ran those states into the ground by using??? you guessed its" trickle down economic" funny how that is ... Dems won 1, republic lost 2...

california is not in poverty were the wealthy people live billy.....there is plenty of poverty inland....lots of unemployment too.....3-4counties are still over 10%.....imperial county is at 24%....do you know what poverty is billy?...

California has debts of nearly 450 BILLION in unfunded pension debt...it's their ticking time bomb

You beat me to it, dumb fuck liberals always ignores the elephant in the room.
seems you information is a little old, your 450 BILLION in unfunded pension debt. was in 2010 not 2016 ... you need to look it up now ,... in case you have noticed its 2016 not 2010 ..thats what I find about republican .... they take old information and try to make it as if this debt is still around you need to check your numbers dumb fucks ...
its still over a hundred billion....

bear513,

Remember when you wrote that brilliant paper comparing the economic growth of the liberal postwar apex (50s & 60s) to the 80s-90s, the high tide of Reaganomics?

Remember how you talked about the high taxes, strong regulations and pro-labor controls under presidents like Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon (all of who followed, more or less, FDR's Big Government/New Deal policies which meant the government invested in infrastructure, eduction and middle class solvency along with preventing capitalists from seeking higher profits by using labor from tyrannical freedom-hating nations like China/Mexico). I remember it so well. You talked about how the Fed, during the liberal postwar years, was concerned with maintaining full employment, which is why they "primed the pump" to counter recessionary pressures so we didn't have spiraling job losses. And then you compared those policies to the low taxes, deregulation, free trade and anti-Labor policies of the Reagan boom of the 80s-90s - a time when the Fed's role shifted to austerity for workers and maximum freedom for capital to seek lower operating costs in China and the developing world. It was brilliant Bear! And then you concluded by comparing the unprecedented economic growth of the 50s-60s to the unprecedented deficits of the 80s-90s, when our robust low-wage job growth was tragically coupled with crippling middle class debt (to make up for slashed wages/benefits and the rise of Chinese manufacturing).

Do you remember Bear?

Do you remember when you were the kind of person who studied actual economic data rather than merely spewing tired talking points and over-used cliches?

I want the old Bear back, the one who went to college and could speak intelligently about monetary policy.

Last edited:

bear513,

Remember when you wrote that brilliant paper comparing the economic growth of the liberal postwar apex (50s & 60s) to the 80s-90s, the high tide of Reaganomics?

Remember how you talked about the high taxes, strong regulations and pro-labor controls under presidents like Truman, Eisenhower, Nixon (all of who followed, more or less, FDR's Big Government/New Deal policies which meant the government invested in infrastructure, eduction and middle class solvency along with preventing capitalists from seeking higher profits by using labor from tyrannical freedom-hating nations like China/Mexico). I remember it so well. You talked about how the Fed, during the liberal postwar years, was concerned with maintaining full employment, which is why they "primed the pump" to counter recessionary pressures so we didn't have spiraling job losses. And then you compared those policies to the low taxes, deregulation, free trade and anti-Labor policies of the Reagan boom of the 80s-90s - a time when the Fed's role shifted to austerity for workers and maximum freedom for capital to seek lower operating costs in China and the developing world. It was brilliant Bear! And then you concluded by comparing the unprecedented economic growth of the 50s-60s to the unprecedented deficits of the 80s-90s, when our robust low-wage job growth was tragically coupled with crippling middle class debt (to make up for slashed wages/benefits and the rise of Chinese manufacturing).

Do you remember Bear?

Do you remember when you were the kind of person who studied actual economic data rather than merely spewing tired talking points and over-used cliches?

I want the old Bear back, the one who went to college and could speak intelligently about monetary policy.

Lay off the crack, WWII was the cause..between 1945~1980

bear513,

Do you remember Bear?

Lay off the crack, WWII was the cause..between 1945~1980

Bear,

My friend. My mentor. Do you have amnesia?

Remember your paper about how WWII was the largest single government spending project in US History? It was government who deployed tax dollars and funded/managed the greatest industrial output the US has ever seen. You alone understand how government spending on war manufacturing had an immense multiplier effect, not least because those factories were converted to domestic commercial uses, laying the foundation for our postwar manufacturing supremacy.

Indeed ol' Bear. We could have dumped the bombs and tanks in the ocean, but the result would have been the same: evil government spending both saved & created factories and put millions of people back to work. Indeed, ol' Bear friend, if there was no government large enough to deploy the financial and infrastructure needs to mobilize the war effort, than people like you would have been sitting ducks for Hitler, with your Tea-Party thumbs up yer bums.

FYI: Eisenhower borrowed this logic when he put people to work building our interstates. We not only got commercially necessary infrastructure (see domestic shipping & tourism), but we put more spenders on main street. Indeed, ol' Bear, because of war and infrastructure spending, those newly hired government workers, with their new government jobs, flocked into main street stores, which, as result, could hire even more people. And those newly hired people put even more spenders into the economy, which further incentivized capital to expand production and create great things (and, psst, put even more people to work). It was one of the most virtuous cycles this nation has ever seen.

You called it Military Keynesianism, which was the basis of your follow-up paper about how the Cold War & NASA budgets funded the technological R&D for the consumer electronic boom of the 80s and 90s. You laid it out so brilliantly ol' BearMan. You demonstrated how our satellite, computer and internet technology started in the State Sector because the military and space programs required advanced technological infrastructure to be successful. Then you showed how that technology was seeded to the private sector where great innovators completed the deal (albeit standing on the shoulders of Big Government subsidies and technological infrastructure). We saw a golden age of profits (based on the world's most advanced satellite system, put there by big government. And then we watched as every new large corporation crawled on all fours to Washington begging for subsidies and Patents. Ah geez ol' Bear, don't you remember your paper about how our great corporations depend on big government patents so that their investments are protected by the nanny state? I have to say, I am amazed at how insightful your economic analysis was. I want the old Bear back ).

I also loved your paper about the Hoover Dam, which was a depression-era spending project that not only put tens of thousands of people to work (i.e., main street spenders), but provided the water and energy resources to develop the modern Southwest, with all its thriving profit centers. [Seriously Mr. BearManFriend, don't you remember that incredible paper you wrote in college how the Hoover Dam literally increased the carrying capacity of the Southwest so that it could support modern cities with thriving populations and profit centers? Remember? And then, in a follow-up paper, you talked about the trillions in government spending that ultimately (over 40 years) went into settling the Colorado tributary, which created thriving cities and profitable agriculture zones across the entire Southwest.] I marveled at your ability to cut through rightwing talking points and present the data on the many complex partnerships between government and the private sector. You showed us how companies like Boeing, who lived off government subsidies (mostly through the Defense budget), developed into some of the most profitable companies in US history.

You are a treasure Bear because you don't just repeat simplistic talking points about how government is evil. You have always shown both sides of the story. You're not just a partisan hack who parrots the mammer-jammer of talk radio.

Last edited:

seems you information is a little old, your 450 BILLION in unfunded pension debt. was in 2010 not 2016 ... you need to look it up now ,... in case you have noticed its 2016 not 2010 ..thats what I find about republican .... they take old information and try to make it as if this debt is still around you need to check your numbers dumb fucks ...
maybe so but thanks to democrats they are paying it down .. getting the cost down by raising taxes on the rich ...with republicans cutting every tax it's the mane reason it went up in the first place ... idiots

so you're saying so i'm clear here, you would rather have a 26 billion deficit over a 11 billion dollar surplus ... your reason would be even dumber the fact that you're voting for trickle down economic ... by they way california isn't in poverty .... Kansas is ... Lausanne is ... why ???republicons ran those states into the ground by using??? you guessed its" trickle down economic" funny how that is ... Dems won 1, republic lost 2...

california is not in poverty were the wealthy people live billy.....there is plenty of poverty inland....lots of unemployment too.....3-4counties are still over 10%.....imperial county is at 24%....do you know what poverty is billy?...
are you stupid do you have a reading problem??? seems you do . I clearly said "by they way california isn't in poverty" did ya miss that part???are you suffering from comprehension skills ??? see the part where it says "isn't" see the part where it says "in poverty"??? if you put them together it says "isn't in poverty"...
as for the rest of you totally bull shit statement here ... try and do some research for once in your life instead of quoting 2010 numbers cause thats what you are trying to do and failing miserably

so you're saying so i'm clear here, you would rather have a 26 billion deficit over a 11 billion dollar surplus ... your reason would be even dumber the fact that you're voting for trickle down economic ... by they way california isn't in poverty .... Kansas is ... Lausanne is ... why ???republicons ran those states into the ground by using??? you guessed its" trickle down economic" funny how that is ... Dems won 1, republic lost 2...

are you stupid do you have a reading problem??? seems you do . I clearly said "by they way california isn't in poverty" did ya miss that part???are you suffering from comprehension skills ??? see the part where it says "isn't" see the part where it says "in poverty"??? if you put them together it says "isn't in poverty"...
as for the rest of you totally bull shit statement here ... try and do some research for once in your life instead of quoting 2010 numbers cause thats what you are trying to do and failing miserably

calm down billy.....holy shit are you a hyper fuck.....
as for the rest of you totally bull shit statement here
those unemployment numbers i gave are for this year dumbass,not bullshit,maybe you should check things out before you open your yap.........unlike you billy i lived here for 48 years.....so whats your experience with the State outside of what someone tells you?....

those unemployment numbers i gave are for this year dumbass,not bullshit,maybe you should check things out before you open your yap.........unlike you billy i lived here for 48 years.....so whats your experience with the State outside of what someone tells you?....

seems it is you that has his panties in a knot ... i've seen people who have live in that state for 60 years and has no Idea what they are talking about... just like you have no Idea what you're talking about ...here we have shown the budget numbers not unfunded pension, but the budget ... here it was cut from 29 billion where they had a 11 billion dollar surplus ... Now you want to pooh pooh that because we democrats knew you need money to pay for the debt ...Not like the way you republics think it should be done ...now you come here with 2010 numbers on unfunded pension instead of 2016 numbers on unfunded pension and I'm suppose to take you serious??? best you could come up with is, well the unfunded pension ... which if you knew anything about budgets which its obvious you don't unfunded pension has nothing to do with the states budget.. but still you have to come up with unfunded pension numbers, 2010 number, instead of a 2016 numbers... which we Dems have reduced it to a 100 billion ... how ??? they raised your fees ... by reducing the debt and you're trying to tell me trickle down works and raising taxes on the rich doesn't ??? seems you failed at that attempt too ... and by the way workers and the companies pay for the pension not the taxes for the budget...r

and it's billye

don't care about the unfunded pension ... the pension is money taken out of their check along with the employer donating to their pension fund ... it has nothing to do with the states budget idiot ... it has everything to do with how many people are on it and how much money they are paying ... if they don't put enough money in its their problem not the states problem... not the tax payers problem unless the vote to help them... so stop with this unfunded pension bull shit ... I could care less ... nobody has tried to give us our retirement money back that the republicans lost us by all of their banking shenanigans ... when will we get that back???

seems it is you that has his panties in a knot ... i've seen people who have live in that state for 60 years and has no Idea what they are talking about... just like you have no Idea what you're talking about ...here we have shown the budget numbers not unfunded pension, but the budget ... here it was cut from 29 billion where they had a 11 billion dollar surplus ... Now you want to pooh pooh that because we democrats knew you need money to pay for the debt ...Not like the way you republics think it should be done ...now you come here with 2010 numbers on unfunded pension instead of 2016 numbers on unfunded pension and I'm suppose to take you serious??? best you could come up with is, well the unfunded pension ... which if you knew anything about budgets which its obvious you don't unfunded pension has nothing to do with the states budget.. but still you have to come up with unfunded pension numbers, 2010 number, instead of a 2016 numbers... which we Dems have reduced it to a 100 billion ... how ??? they raised your fees ... by reducing the debt and you're trying to tell me trickle down works and raising taxes on the rich doesn't ??? seems you failed at that attempt too ... and by the way workers and the companies pay for the pension not the taxes for the budget...r
and i have seen people who have never been to the state and talk about it like they know whats going on,when they dont know shit...kinda like you billy....

and it's billye
if you say so billy....

don't care about the unfunded pension ... the pension is money taken out of their check along with the employer donating to their pension fund ... it has nothing to do with the states budget idiot ... it has everything to do with how many people are on it and how much money they are paying ... if they don't put enough money in its their problem not the states problem... not the tax payers problem unless the vote to help them... so stop with this unfunded pension bull shit ... I could care less ... nobody has tried to give us our retirement money back that the republicans lost us by all of their banking shenanigans ... when will we get that back???
sure you dont care about it,because its lots of money that has to be paid by someone,namely the citizens of the state....they are public workers jerkface,meaning tax dollars pay them,and that includes those unfunded liabilities you know nothing about....

and i have seen people who have never been to the state and talk about it like they know whats going on,when they dont know shit...kinda like you billy....
the sad part here is you trie to make it look like this unfunded pension was something of importance ... you tried to make it look like the Idea of raising taxes made the unfunded pension worse... in reality they brought down the 29 billion dollar state debt ... they had a surplus of 11 billion dollars ... now you want to try and make the unfunded pension as part of the state debt, it doesn't work that way... you're a liar ...you try to make shit up about the state budget ... then you tried to run it past these moron republicans here as if nothing worth while happen ... when I called you on the unfunded pension debt, where it had dropped by 300 billion, your best was "people who never been to the state and talk about it like they know whats going on" ... hell yes I can talk about what's going on ... the reason it dropped was because of the tax increase on the rich, that cause more people to work ...when you have more people working you get more money going into a pension fund causing it to be paid down ... after all its the people and the company that puts the money into a pension not the states budget ... you are talking apples and oranges ... it doesn't take a person who doesn't live in your state to figure out that you sir are a liar ...

and it's billye
if you say so billy....
no its billye

the sad part here is you trie to make it look like this unfunded pension was something of importance ... you tried to make it look like the Idea of raising taxes made the unfunded pension worse... in reality they brought down the 29 billion dollar state debt ... they had a surplus of 11 billion dollars ... now you want to try and make the unfunded pension as part of the state debt, it doesn't work that way... you're a liar ...you try to make shit up about the state budget ... then you tried to run it past these moron republicans here as if nothing worth while happen ... when I called you on the unfunded pension debt, where it had dropped by 300 billion, your best was "people who never been to the state and talk about it like they know whats going on" ... hell yes I can talk about what's going on ... the reason it dropped was because of the tax increase on the rich, that cause more people to work ...when you have more people working you get more money going into a pension fund causing it to be paid down ... after all its the people and the company that puts the money into a pension not the states budget ... you are talking apples and oranges ... it doesn't take a person who doesn't live in your state to figure out that you sir are a liar ...
...when you have more people working you get more money going into a pension fund causing it to be paid down
do you understand what a STATE pension fund is?...and what it means when its unfunded?...and California last i heard has a HIRING FREEZE since 2011 i believe........

Forum List

Back