Trillions of dollars worth of oil found in Australian outback

Well for one the Australians don't hate us like alot of the Saudis and OPEC countries do, thats a start.

"Hate" doesn't enter into business. And in any case all that oil, whether from Kuwait or Kookaburra or Caracas, goes on an international market. The Aussies don't get to set a price for that market any more than anyone else does.

The bottom line is that the end product costs the same whether you're Christian or Jewish or Hidu, whether you speak English or Japanese or Sanskrit. The idea of oil somehow being cheaper because it's in English or processed by Christians is absurd.

Australia have been US lapdogs for years.
They were anointed by Bush as the SouthEast Asia sheriff.
They'll be tripping over themselves to ship oil to America for a kind word and a pat on the head from the president.

However stupidly unsubstatiated your opinion, at least you managed to remain topical.

Bravo.

Back to the OP - not only will they have to import talent but all the rest of the infrastructure needed to support an increased population. Where, for instance, will the water come from? Housing? Food and other supplies? Electricity?

And, what kind of regulations will Australian politicians wish to inflict upon the companies and their employees?

Back to the OP - not only will they have to import talent but all the rest of the infrastructure needed to support an increased population. Where, for instance, will the water come from? Housing? Food and other supplies? Electricity?

And, what kind of regulations will Australian politicians wish to inflict upon the companies and their employees?

This is a good point: The Outback is not known for an abundance of water.

However, there are alternatives to hydraulic fracturing.

As far as the supporting infrastructure is concerned, the energy industry is very accustomed to providing logistics to supply the required labor force in much less hospitable environments than The Outback (northern Alberta, the North Sea, Nigeria, KSA, etc).

As far as the regulations are concerned, I guess the question becomes: How much income do Australian Politicians want to generate for their constituants?

In the USA, there is a direct correlation between the strength of anti-fracking groups and the amount and price of oil:

Wherever there is more natural gas (a MUCH CHEAPER resource) being produced, then politicians are willing to accomodate the irrational imaginings of these "activists." Wherever there is more oil (a very valuable resource) being produced, then politicians find a way to ignore the irrational.

Well for one the Australians don't hate us like alot of the Saudis and OPEC countries do, thats a start.

"Hate" doesn't enter into business. And in any case all that oil, whether from Kuwait or Kookaburra or Caracas, goes on an international market. The Aussies don't get to set a price for that market any more than anyone else does.

The bottom line is that the end product costs the same whether you're Christian or Jewish or Hidu, whether you speak English or Japanese or Sanskrit. The idea of oil somehow being cheaper because it's in English or processed by Christians is absurd.

They'll be tripping over themselves to ship oil to America for a kind word and a pat on the head from the president.

Good. So whats the problem?:confused:

Is it?
Why?

Money plays the same in any culture.

You're actually suggesting that being Christian is a disadvantage in acquiring gasoline? Is it easier to get oil from Nigeria than from Saudi Arabia?

Btw their PM until about a week ago is an atheist. Would that be a problem?

I must have been hallucinating in 73, admittedly I dropped acid for some Floyd concerts, but not waiting for gas...I think....:eusa_eh:

Which is more?

$359 billion

or

"trillions"?

And I thought right wingers were only bad as science. Seems they are worse at "math".

But not nearly as bad as progressives are at geography.

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg

Galveston Bay. Texas.
Given your history of outright lies, I wouldn't believe you if you said water is wet.

However stupidly unsubstatiated your opinion, at least you managed to remain topical.

Bravo.

Why, thank you.
If I was Australian I'd be aroused by your approval.

Given your history of outright lies, I wouldn't believe you if you said water is wet.

That IS what you'd expect to see at low tide in Galveston Bay..

The bottom of Hudson looks even worse.. Because no one ever vaccuums up down there.

After college, one of my roommates sailed an ocean yacht up the Hudson from NYC.. He took photos of a dead giraffe floating not a 1/2 mile from the Statue of Liberty..

And does RDean have a point here? Or is he pointless ---- as usual??

I must have been hallucinating in 73, admittedly I dropped acid for some Floyd concerts, but not waiting for gas...I think....:eusa_eh:

Yeah, you might want to inventory your stash, since the simplisticer (i.e. dicto simpliciter) minds seem to wanna translate political power plays like '73 into "countries that hate us" (as if a country can feel emotion) and what language your vendor speaks and what house of worship he attends. Those are clues as to where your missing stash went. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Yeah, you might want to inventory your stash, since the simplisticer (i.e. dicto simpliciter) minds seem to wanna translate political power plays like '73 into "countries that hate us" (as if a country can feel emotion) and what language your vendor speaks and what house of worship he attends. Those are clues as to where your missing stash went. :eusa_whistle:

Unable to admit error his error, Pogo makes a failed attempt to write something relevant.

:clap2:

Happily I find this entertaining.

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg

Galveston Bay. Texas.

That IS what you'd expect to see at low tide in Galveston Bay..

The bottom of Hudson looks even worse.. Because no one ever vaccuums up down there.

After college, one of my roommates sailed an ocean yacht up the Hudson from NYC.. He took photos of a dead giraffe floating not a 1/2 mile from the Statue of Liberty..
:eek: A river next to a northern liberal city, polluted? Impossible! Derp, tell him it ain't so!!
And does RDean have a point here? Or is he pointless ---- as usual??
Derp is performing exactly as programmed.

Unable to admit error his error, Pogo makes a failed attempt to write something relevant.

"Error"?

Hey, I'm not the one that suggested commerce is facilitated or hindered by language and religion.
That's amusement.

Surely you've got more in that particular joke bag........ ? Eye color? Zodiac sign?

I've got an English car in my driveway with a transmission from Germany and an engine from Brazil.
Is that why it costs so much? Triple language charge? Extra tariff for candomblé? :rofl:

Gaaa! My computer is from Taiwan! :eek:

Last edited:

"Error"?

Hey, I'm not the one that suggested commerce is facilitated by language and religion.
That's amusement.

Surely you've got more in that particular joke bag........ ?

Eye color? Zodiac sign?

I've got an English car in my driveway with a transmission from Germany and an engine from Brazil. Is that why it costs so much? Triple language charge? :rofl:

More Diversion from the fact you said Hate has nothing to do with business, then clear proof of the opposite was provided.....

But, don't learn to bow out gracefully before making a greater fool of yourself; continue to amuse me.

:lol::lol::lol:

"Clear proof" of nothing was provided. I asked for some justification of your cultural hangup way back in post 8; all I got was a suggestion to "take a history course" and some disembodied hands clapping in "amusement". That was it.

-- which tells me you have nothing but Danth's Law. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
"Clear proof" of nothing was provided. I asked for some justification of your cultural hangup way back in post 8; all I got was a suggestion to "take a history course" and some disembodied hands clapping in "amusement". That was it.

-- which tells me you have nothing but Danth's Law. :eusa_whistle:

I learnt something today!

Looks like we'll have plenty of oil for decades to come, from another friendly, English speaking, Christian nation.

Sadly for the Canadians wanting to divert their Keystone XL pipeline from the USA to China, the Aussies might be the Chinese supplier of choice. Canadians will be stuck with idiotic US regulations around the Keystone XL, which, despite the fact that pipelines cross huge sections of the USA, has fired the imaginations of Sierra Club Activists and their minions trying to revive their relevance from 1976, regardless of millions of regulations that have been emplaced since then.

The silver lining will be that companies fed-up with Moronic Anti-Fracking Wackos in the USA can export their assets and employment opportunities to Australia: But since there are few people to employ, they'll need to import talent from the USA.

So when can we expect the US to drop a bomb on us?

Looks like we'll have plenty of oil for decades to come, from another friendly, English speaking, Christian nation.

Sadly for the Canadians wanting to divert their Keystone XL pipeline from the USA to China, the Aussies might be the Chinese supplier of choice. Canadians will be stuck with idiotic US regulations around the Keystone XL, which, despite the fact that pipelines cross huge sections of the USA, has fired the imaginations of Sierra Club Activists and their minions trying to revive their relevance from 1976, regardless of millions of regulations that have been emplaced since then.

The silver lining will be that companies fed-up with Moronic Anti-Fracking Wackos in the USA can export their assets and employment opportunities to Australia: But since there are few people to employ, they'll need to import talent from the USA.

So when can we expect the US to drop a bomb on us?

Yup, that was my immediate question too.

Prolly as soon as Samson finds out that Strine isn't really English.

Forum List

Back