Troops Assigned To The US Border Mission Are Bored As Hell

4894194-840x420.jpg

Here goes this site again! I’m becoming positive it’s a Leftist front out to belittle our president anyway they can.

Troops bored? Good Lord! They obviously don’t know the most basic rule of being in the military. Hurry up and wait? It’s why we learned to pass our time anyway possible, to include getting lots and lots of sleep. And, any NCO worth his or her salt would be finding all sorts of ways of giving them make-work tasks.

The Times likened the atmosphere to the early years in Afghanistan. Rep. Anthony G. Brown, a Maryland Democrat and Iraq War veteran, said a key difference is that in Afghanistan the soldiers have a mission.

Brown said that even on holidays, that mission, a sense of purpose, helped troops maintain morale. Along the border, it seems, that purpose is missing.

While some of the troops spend their days constructing barbed-wire fences, others are just trying to make their bases livable, according to The Times. Many are performing the same tasks as previously deployed National Guard units.

When you send a soldier on a dubious mission, with no military value, over Thanksgiving, it doesn’t help morale at all,” Brown told The Times.

Of course they cite the NYT and find a Dim Rep for the commentary.

More of this trash @ Troops Assigned To The US Border Mission Are Bored As Hell
Making false political statements, while expensive, is not labor intensive. I'm sure they are bored, and probably not too happy about being separated from their families during the holiday season.
??
please follow the thread
the military is separated from their families a LOT!!! all the time they are in
it comes with the job
Millions of people are working instead of being with their families. The left isn't overly concerned with them. I don't see any crying over the police getting gunned down on the holidays. Instead of Christmas Carols the left sings "pigs in a blanket. Fry 'em like bacon."

Now they expect us to believe hand wringing over the military. Nope.
You are a funny lady.

Not too bright, but damn funny.
just listen to the experts.....which you are not
your/etc posts have been discredited/negated/etc

4894194-840x420.jpg

Here goes this site again! I’m becoming positive it’s a Leftist front out to belittle our president anyway they can.

Troops bored? Good Lord! They obviously don’t know the most basic rule of being in the military. Hurry up and wait? It’s why we learned to pass our time anyway possible, to include getting lots and lots of sleep. And, any NCO worth his or her salt would be finding all sorts of ways of giving them make-work tasks.

The Times likened the atmosphere to the early years in Afghanistan. Rep. Anthony G. Brown, a Maryland Democrat and Iraq War veteran, said a key difference is that in Afghanistan the soldiers have a mission.

Brown said that even on holidays, that mission, a sense of purpose, helped troops maintain morale. Along the border, it seems, that purpose is missing.

While some of the troops spend their days constructing barbed-wire fences, others are just trying to make their bases livable, according to The Times. Many are performing the same tasks as previously deployed National Guard units.

When you send a soldier on a dubious mission, with no military value, over Thanksgiving, it doesn’t help morale at all,” Brown told The Times.

Making false political statements, while expensive, is not labor intensive. I'm sure they are bored, and probably not too happy about being separated from their families during the holiday season.
stationed 4 years in Camp Lejeune I was:
6 months overseas Mediterranean
2-6 months overseas South America -total 1 year
3 weeks off Colombia
3 weeks in Honduras
2 weeks in California
2 weeks in Virginia
this is not counting days in field--away from ''home''
You were stationed four years at a camp but spent two years everywhere else? So what exactly did you do?
I was 82 Charlie, what were you.
Army uses ''base''/''forts'' to denote defense/static
USMC uses ''Camp'' to denote on the move/not static/offensive/etc
I was 82 Charlie. What were you? I’ll give you a hint, my squad leader was a Marine and he was also 82 Charlie.
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed

3 weeks off Colombia
3 weeks in Honduras
2 weeks in California
2 weeks in Virginia
You were stationed four years at a camp but spent two years everywhere else? So what exactly did you do?
I was 82 Charlie. What were you? I’ll give you a hint, my squad leader was a Marine and he was also 82 Charlie.
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
Oh my God. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
My MOS was at Fort Sill in 1976. Because it was 82 Charlie And it included National Guard, Marines, and regular army. I was stationed at headquarters battery, third Battalion, 16th field artillery, 8th infantry division. So don’t tell me about grunts. I don’t even believe you were ever in the military.

4894194-840x420.jpg

??
please follow the thread
it comes with the job
Millions of people are working instead of being with their families. The left isn't overly concerned with them. I don't see any crying over the police getting gunned down on the holidays. Instead of Christmas Carols the left sings "pigs in a blanket. Fry 'em like bacon."

You are a funny lady.

To Republicans all experts are discredited because they believe Donald (Mafia Don) Trump is the expert in everything.
How do they know? He told him. He’s got a really good brain. And he knows lots of words.

3 weeks off Colombia
3 weeks in Honduras
2 weeks in California
2 weeks in Virginia
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
My MOS was at Fort Sill in 1976. Because it was 82 Charlie And it included National Guard, Marines, and regular army. I was stationed at headquarters battery, third Battalion, 16th field artillery, 8th infantry division. So don’t tell me about grunts. I don’t even believe you were ever in the military.
you were not in the USMC--NO SHIT
arty is NOT grunts--YOU sound like a faker

3 weeks off Colombia
3 weeks in Honduras
2 weeks in California
2 weeks in Virginia
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
and you were HQ!! not grunts/etc = slacker

4894194-840x420.jpg

??
please follow the thread
it comes with the job

You are a funny lady.

I love how you guys think you opinion "discredits/negates" my posts.

Lol

??
please follow the thread
it comes with the job

You are a funny lady.

I love how you guys think you opinion "discredits/negates" my posts.

Lol
were you in the military--living the military life/etc --yes or no?

3 weeks off Colombia
3 weeks in Honduras
2 weeks in California
2 weeks in Virginia
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
82C on an Army base---hahahhahahahah...WTF?
no shit I don't know slacker HQ arty MOS
hahahahhahaha
tell me the translation of '''eat my pie hole'' in the Uyghur language

How bored were the tens of thousands of troops Obama sent to Afghanistan? I never heard anyone from the left
complaining then.

just listen to the experts.
Shall we?

"Former secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel called it“political distraction of the highest magnitude,” lamenting that thousands of highly trained American soldiers were being sent “to a border where there is no need, no threat.”

"Several retired generals, including Martin Dempsey, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have also spoken out against the mobilization of military resources to serve blatantly political ends, calling it both wasteful and dangerous."

-Intelligencer

So...are you ready to listen to the experts, now? Or was that just a vapid rhetorical nugget on your part?

The left needs an outrage du jour. They would rather have this....

American military were forced to return fire when they came under withering attack by drug cartel gunmen.

Democrats immediately denounced the American reaction and accused the military of opening fire on innocent women and children. Democrat leaders announced that all persons who violated the posse comitatus act will be prosecuted saying "theirs is the duty to the die"

The left needs an outrage du jour. They would rather have this....

American military were forced to return fire when they came under withering attack by drug cartel gunmen.

Democrats immediately denounced the American reaction and accused the military of opening fire on innocent women and children. Democrat leaders announced that all persons who violated the posse comitatus act will be prosecuted saying "theirs is the duty to the die"
Trumpkin fantasy...

Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
you were not in the USMC--NO SHIT
arty is NOT grunts--YOU sound like a faker
Now I know you were never in the military. Because the 8th infantry division is not part of the Marines. You proved to be a liar. Even worse, a lying sack of sh!t.

Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
82C on an Army base---hahahhahahahah...WTF?
no shit I don't know slacker HQ arty MOS
hahahahhahaha
tell me the translation of '''eat my pie hole'' in the Uyghur language
You don’t even know what 82 Charlie is dumb sh!t.

4894194-840x420.jpg

Just think of it as a vacation… A paid one

4894194-840x420.jpg

We should be upgrading Ellis Island. They can accommodate in the thousands per day.

Forum List

Back