Troops Assigned To The US Border Mission Are Bored As Hell

Anyone who has ever served in the military knows that boredom is part of a soldiers daily routine. .... :cool:
but this venture of boredom is costing $200,000,000.... 2 hundred million.... a shameful waste of money that the military could have used elsewhere....?

Happy Thanksgiving!

but this venture of boredom is costing $200,000,000.... 2 hundred million.... a shameful waste of money that the military could have used elsewhere....?
I have no idea how you came up with that 200 million dollar figure? ... :dunno:

But you can't factor in what we pay the soldiers, because they are going to be on the payroll regardless of their mission.

Plus, I would rather have our soldiers defending our border. Them to have them deployed overseas defending some other country's border.

Happy Thanksgiving ... :cool:

I have no idea how you came up with that 200 million dollar figure? ... :dunno:

But you can't factor in what we pay the soldiers, because they are going to be on the payroll regardless of their mission.

Plus, I would rather have our soldiers defending our border. Them to have them deployed overseas defending some other country's border.

Happy Thanksgiving ... :cool:
Costs are mounting for Trump’s use of the military at the border

How could they be bored. They are watching Mexicans kick the invader asses they are prohibited from kicking.

Army uses ''base''/''forts'' to denote defense/static
USMC uses ''Camp'' to denote on the move/not static/offensive/etc
I was 82 Charlie. What were you? I’ll give you a hint, my squad leader was a Marine and he was also 82 Charlie.
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
Oh my God. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
My MOS was at Fort Sill in 1976. Because it was 82 Charlie And it included National Guard, Marines, and regular army. I was stationed at headquarters battery, third Battalion, 16th field artillery, 8th infantry division. So don’t tell me about grunts. I don’t even believe you were ever in the military.
82C on an Army base---hahahhahahahah...WTF?
no shit I don't know slacker HQ arty MOS
hahahahhahaha
tell me the translation of '''eat my pie hole'' in the Uyghur language
You don’t even know what 82 Charlie is dumb sh!t.
you don't even know how to translate ''YOU are the dumbshit'' in Spanish

...but this venture of boredom is costing $200,000,000.... 2 hundred million.... a shameful waste of money that the military could have used elsewhere....?
It's buying a happy base. Priorities.

I was 82 Charlie. What were you? I’ll give you a hint, my squad leader was a Marine and he was also 82 Charlie.
Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
My MOS was at Fort Sill in 1976. Because it was 82 Charlie And it included National Guard, Marines, and regular army. I was stationed at headquarters battery, third Battalion, 16th field artillery, 8th infantry division. So don’t tell me about grunts. I don’t even believe you were ever in the military.
you were not in the USMC--NO SHIT
arty is NOT grunts--YOU sound like a faker
Now I know you were never in the military. Because the 8th infantry division is not part of the Marines. You proved to be a liar. Even worse, a lying sack of sh!t.
...I can see how you would be crying about sleeping in a hot tent eating MREs because you were NOT a grunt
..not only were you Army, -- you were Arty, and HQ!!!
..I can see how you don't know what it is like to be a real soldier/Marine/etc--

Well?

Thought so.
that's not grunt MOS
and/or Old Breed
you were not in the USMC--NO SHIT
arty is NOT grunts--YOU sound like a faker
Now I know you were never in the military. Because the 8th infantry division is not part of the Marines. You proved to be a liar. Even worse, a lying sack of sh!t.
very dumbass post---very immature

4894194-840x420.jpg

Here goes this site again! I’m becoming positive it’s a Leftist front out to belittle our president anyway they can.

Troops bored? Good Lord! They obviously don’t know the most basic rule of being in the military. Hurry up and wait? It’s why we learned to pass our time anyway possible, to include getting lots and lots of sleep. And, any NCO worth his or her salt would be finding all sorts of ways of giving them make-work tasks.

The Times likened the atmosphere to the early years in Afghanistan. Rep. Anthony G. Brown, a Maryland Democrat and Iraq War veteran, said a key difference is that in Afghanistan the soldiers have a mission.

Brown said that even on holidays, that mission, a sense of purpose, helped troops maintain morale. Along the border, it seems, that purpose is missing.

While some of the troops spend their days constructing barbed-wire fences, others are just trying to make their bases livable, according to The Times. Many are performing the same tasks as previously deployed National Guard units.

When you send a soldier on a dubious mission, with no military value, over Thanksgiving, it doesn’t help morale at all,” Brown told The Times.

Of course they cite the NYT and find a Dim Rep for the commentary.

More of this trash @ Troops Assigned To The US Border Mission Are Bored As Hell

Yup anyone who's been in the military knows the old "hurry up and wait" deal.

I bet its written in gold on every military forehead.

Hurry up and wait.

4894194-840x420.jpg

Here goes this site again! I’m becoming positive it’s a Leftist front out to belittle our president anyway they can.

Troops bored? Good Lord! They obviously don’t know the most basic rule of being in the military. Hurry up and wait? It’s why we learned to pass our time anyway possible, to include getting lots and lots of sleep. And, any NCO worth his or her salt would be finding all sorts of ways of giving them make-work tasks.

The Times likened the atmosphere to the early years in Afghanistan. Rep. Anthony G. Brown, a Maryland Democrat and Iraq War veteran, said a key difference is that in Afghanistan the soldiers have a mission.

Brown said that even on holidays, that mission, a sense of purpose, helped troops maintain morale. Along the border, it seems, that purpose is missing.

While some of the troops spend their days constructing barbed-wire fences, others are just trying to make their bases livable, according to The Times. Many are performing the same tasks as previously deployed National Guard units.

When you send a soldier on a dubious mission, with no military value, over Thanksgiving, it doesn’t help morale at all,” Brown told The Times.

Of course they cite the NYT and find a Dim Rep for the commentary.

More of this trash @ Troops Assigned To The US Border Mission Are Bored As Hell

Yup. But as I have heard, they are starting to get sent out to do stuff. Honestly I’m thinking if all they had to do was lay sort they could have just hired a private company to do that.

There is no defense clause concern on our southern border.

Our welfare clause is General not Common.

Forum List

Back