True Blood Actor Allegedly Left Over Show’s Gay Plot Line

As to the issue, gay actors have played straight roles all along without bitching and moaning about it. It's acting, you're being paid to lie and pretend. If you can't handle a gay sex scene, but don't raise the same objections with straight ones, find another line of work.

What's next from you? Women should be required to show it all during sex scenes? Topless? Show some ass? If they don't like it then can find another line of work, right? Gotcha.

Do you think that hasn't happened a lot? If the story/plot calls for nudity, unless you are a major star, you either do it or find other work.

You just said it - "find other work". I agree. But I don't agree with "find another line of work". He's free to choose which roles he wants to play within his profession. If he doesn't like the role it doesn't mean he needs to find a new line of work.

What's next from you? Women should be required to show it all during sex scenes? Topless? Show some ass? If they don't like it then can find another line of work, right? Gotcha.
There are actresses that will and actresses that won't. the ones that will get the jobs that require it.

The point is actors typically choose which projects they want to be a part of. This is no different that any other actor choosing their roles except for those that want to make it an issue. Telling him to "find a new lone of work" is an incredibly ignorant statement.

I was one of those who suggested he find a new line of work. It sounds as though the actor has some real issues with homosexuality. The movie industry has a large number of gay actors, technicians, writers ect ect ect. Seems like a weird fit, at best.

As to the issue, gay actors have played straight roles all along without bitching and moaning about it. It's acting, you're being paid to lie and pretend. If you can't handle a gay sex scene, but don't raise the same objections with straight ones, find another line of work.

Huh ?

As far as I know an actor like the rest of us, has the freedom to take jobs he or she likes, and has the freedom to pass on ones they are not interested in.

There are actresses that will and actresses that won't. the ones that will get the jobs that require it.

The point is actors typically choose which projects they want to be a part of. This is no different that any other actor choosing their roles except for those that want to make it an issue. Telling him to "find a new lone of work" is an incredibly ignorant statement.

I was one of those who suggested he find a new line of work. It sounds as though the actor has some real issues with homosexuality. The movie industry has a large number of gay actors, technicians, writers ect ect ect. Seems like a weird fit, at best.

So you don't see the difference between working with gays and kissing a man? You're playing stupid just to make a point, right?

Of course actors choose which projects they want to be part of, I agree this is no different than any other actor choosing their roles. I don't really see anybody making it an issue. The man has quit the show, he has to find alternative work, unless he made enough to retire from this one job. Why do you care so much?

So you don't see the difference between working with gays and kissing a man? You're playing stupid just to make a point, right?

From an acting standpoint, no I don't see much difference. It is a role to be played. There is no meaning attached to it beyond that.

If an actor is married, and his role requires that he kiss a woman (not his wife), has he cheated on his wife? No. It was a part he played.

Straight actors who've done gay/lesbian roles have won applause for being very good actors. Michael Douglas comes readily to mind for the Liberace movie. If a straight actor opts out of gay scenes or roles because he has some "ick" thing going on that's fine, but he'll never be thought of as a good actor. ANd very likely his epitaph will be "the guy who refused to do a gay sex scene because it gave him the willies." :)

And every gay or lesbian actor throughout hstory had done all straight roles until recently have become equally well thought of like Rock Hudson.

Refusing to do gay sex scenes is simply revealing what a lousy actor you in fact are IF you don't object to straight ones. It's a role, it's pretend. No one thinks whatsisname was really Freddy Krueger and a pedophile child-murderer, it was pretend. But objecting to the gay roles or scenes because you object to homosexuality makes as much sense as objecting to playing a criminal role or anything else you might object to in real life. Acting isn't real life.

Last edited:

Of course actors choose which projects they want to be part of, I agree this is no different than any other actor choosing their roles. I don't really see anybody making it an issue. The man has quit the show, he has to find alternative work, unless he made enough to retire from this one job. Why do you care so much?

Uh, what? I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum where people post topics so the forum participants can discuss. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If he cannot handle being around homosexuality, he might want to rethink his career choices.

I'm sure all those on these forums who are cheering him think actors get to play all the "cool" roles, if they just demand them. But it doesn't work that way.

If you want to be an actor you have to act. You don't do roles that resemble you. You do roles that people hire you to do. Period.

You mean like Jim Parson -the Gay actor who plays Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory - and the Gay Mafia is planning to Out as gay in the near future ?

jim-parson-the-big-bang-theory-1945322596.jpg

"Sheldon" is gay? ...Well, can't say I"m totally surprised. :)

Jim Parsons is openly gay and has always been openly gay. Neil Patrick Harris who plays the womanizing Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" is openly gay and has always been openly gay.

True Blood is over. It is just going through the motions for its final season. They don't care what they do. They no longer have to worry about ratings so they can push the envelope. HBO has always been pro gay with it's in house productions of The Case Against 8 and The Normal Heart, starring, of all people, Jim Parsons!

My surprise comes in my not caring or reading up on actors real lives. I only care about the roles, not the actual people. :)

Uh, what? I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum where people post topics so the forum participants can discuss. :rolleyes:

It is, that is why it seems strange that you have called people ignorant for having opinions.

Straight actors who've done gay/lesbian roles have won applause for being very good actors. Michael Douglas comes readily to mind for the Liberace movie. If a straight actor opts out of gay scenes or roles because he has some "ick" thing going on that's fine, but he'll never be thought of as a good actor. ANd very likely his epitaph will be "the guy who refused to do a gay sex scene because it gave him the willies." :)

And every gay or lesbian actor throughout hstory had done all straight roles until recently have become equally well thought of like Rock Hudson.

Refusing to do gay sex scenes is simply revealing what a lousy actor you in fact are IF you don't object to straight ones. It's a role, it's pretend. No one thinks whatsisname was really Freddy Krueger and a pedophile child-murderer, it was pretend. But objecting to the gay roles or scenes because you object to homosexuality makes as much sense as objecting to playing a criminal role or anything else you might object to in real life. Acting isn't real life.

Great actors turn roles for many reasons as you can see from this link of actors who turned down roles.

50 Actors Who Turned Down Famous Roles | StyleCaster

The problem with your logic is you're to wrapped up in "if gays can play straight roles the the reverse should be true". You're not respecting the wishes of the individual.

By turning the gay role down the actor is hurting no one. He's essentially taking money out of his own pocket and is forced to find other acting jobs. That's HIS choice. If Rock Hudson was OK playing hetero roles then good for him. If he wasn't that would have been fine also. It makes the person no more or less a good actor.

So Time mag found this needed to headline news?

now you see why more people aren't accepting of homosexuals

And you can thank the media for it

Last edited:
You mean like Jim Parson -the Gay actor who plays Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory - and the Gay Mafia is planning to Out as gay in the near future ?

jim-parson-the-big-bang-theory-1945322596.jpg

Jim Parsons is openly gay and has always been openly gay. Neil Patrick Harris who plays the womanizing Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" is openly gay and has always been openly gay.

True Blood is over. It is just going through the motions for its final season. They don't care what they do.

They no longer have to worry about ratings so they can push the envelope. HBO has always been pro gay with it's in house productions of The Case Against 8 and The Normal Heart, starring, of all people, Jim Parsons!

Parsons plays a straight character on BBT.

So Time mag found this needed to headline news?

now you see why more people aren't accepting of homosexuals

And you can thank the media for it

No, I don't see why more people aren't accepting of homosexuals. The fact that this guy quit a role has no bearing on that.

True Blood is over. It is just going through the motions for its final season. They don't care what they do.

They no longer have to worry about ratings so they can push the envelope. HBO has always been pro gay with it's in house productions of The Case Against 8 and The Normal Heart, starring, of all people, Jim Parsons!

Wrong - Parsons plays a closet queer - who hasn't come out yet . Look for the Gay sub text .

He has a so-called relationship with Amy - but it is non sexual - he has a "man-crush" on Leonard. Amy has a "girl crush" on Penny . Using the past strategy of LGBT mental programming [Ellen Degenerate, Rosie Odonell] I have a hunch they will eventually drop a "bomb-shell" on the shows fans by having at least Sheldon and possibly Amy also coming out as Gay.

Wrong - Parsons plays a closet queer - who hasn't come out yet . Look for the Gay sub text .

He has a so-called relationship with Amy - but it is non sexual - he has a "man-crush" on Leonard. Amy has a "girl crush" on Penny . Using the past strategy of LGBT mental programming [Ellen Degenerate, Rosie Odonell] I have a hunch they will eventually drop a "bomb-shell" on the shows fans by having at least Sheldon and possibly Amy also coming out as Gay.

oh. I'm sorry. I didn't know you produced the show.

is Mayim Bialek gay too?

Great actors turn roles for many reasons as you can see from this link of actors who turned down roles.

50 Actors Who Turned Down Famous Roles | StyleCaster

The problem with your logic is you're to wrapped up in "if gays can play straight roles the the reverse should be true". You're not respecting the wishes of the individual.

By turning the gay role down the actor is hurting no one. He's essentially taking money out of his own pocket and is forced to find other acting jobs. That's HIS choice. If Rock Hudson was OK playing hetero roles then good for him. If he wasn't that would have been fine also. It makes the person no more or less a good actor.

Rock Hudson was a different era - when sexual perversion was frowned upon.

Forum List

Back