True Blood Actor Allegedly Left Over Show’s Gay Plot Line

It's not like actors having taken a principled stand before. In the series Hunter, Fred Dryer was supposed to be eating a hot dog. A strict vegan, Dryer refused. Even getting a veggie dog wouldn't persuade him to be filmed eating a pretend hotdog. He threatened to pull out of the entire series if they didn't change the scene.

Uh, you aren't really comparing being a homophobic shitlord to being conscious to the suffering of animals are you?

I am comparing principles. Liberals don't have any so they can't understand what they are.

The true blood actor refused to act gay and refused to participate in a gay sex act. This is homophobic? It is what normals have said all along. Even those who aren't gay will still have to participate in gay behavior. Not being gay is now homophobic.

Sources say Luke Grimes was uncomfortable with gay sex scenes

Luke Grimes, the actor who played James on True Blood, reportedly left the HBO show because he was uncomfortable playing a gay character.

Grimes departed from the show in December for what HBO at the time called “creative differences.” But Buzzfeed, citing anonymous sources, reports that Grimes objected to a plot line in which he would become romantically involved with another male character on the show, short-order-cook-slash-medium Lafayette Reynolds. Grimes allegedly refused to do any same-sex kissing or sex scenes.

I certainly wouldn't do gay scenes if I were an actor. Then again, however, I wouldn't do nudity or a wide range of other things either.

In any case, is anyone else just sick to death of the whole "token gay" phenomena that's taken hold over mainstream media recently?

It's not like actors having taken a principled stand before. In the series Hunter, Fred Dryer was supposed to be eating a hot dog. A strict vegan, Dryer refused. Even getting a veggie dog wouldn't persuade him to be filmed eating a pretend hotdog. He threatened to pull out of the entire series if they didn't change the scene.

Uh, you aren't really comparing being a homophobic shitlord to being conscious to the suffering of animals are you?

I am comparing principles. Liberals don't have any so they can't understand what they are.

The true blood actor refused to act gay and refused to participate in a gay sex act. This is homophobic? It is what normals have said all along. Even those who aren't gay will still have to participate in gay behavior. Not being gay is now homophobic.

That's right, what's next, he won't be willing to play a jew or hispanic because he isn't one?

Serves this bigot right that he is getting blackballed.

Forum List

Back