True history of the birther movement: Telegraph UK 2011

Q: How are you going to approach writing a bio without talking to them?

A: Newpaper blurbs about the person. Articles, bios, op-eds. Newspapers were, by far, the most common form of research in the pre-internet days.

Now, here's my question

Exactly the level of inaneness you come from.

- How are you going to find it? Lexus Nexus? For unknown authors there may be nothing written about at all and what is there would be pretty random?

- How are you going to know it's them? Lots of people with the same name

- Why would you think that's the most interesting thing about them?

Seriously, you're saying you're writing a bio about an unknown author, and you're not going to sit down with them and ask them who the fuck are you and what is interesting about you? The publisher didn't say they didn't, BTW, all they said is the author didn't write the bio, not that they didn't talk to the author. That actually makes sense to you? To drink that much kool-aid, you'd drown

Q: Who, other than you citing yourself on a topic you know jack shit about, claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya?

......you've never had an answer. Ever. And you never will. So.....more babble about Queen Elizabeth?

You're being stupid and all I'll repeat the answer. When you claim to be speaking for unknown masses of people (the British Empire?, the voices in your head?), then I'll call you Queen Elizabeth and ask who "we" or "us" is. I'm not clear what you're looking for me when you don't use the royal we and ask why I'm not calling you Queen Elizabeth, it speaks for itself.

I say that because it's a weak attempt to prop up your ego by implying you're on the side of a large number of people while I'm by my little old self. It's actually a sign of a weak ego and limp dick that need to be propped up because you don't have the self confidence to speak for yourself. I is a far more powerful word than we

So Kaz...still waiting for you to answer the simple question: Who claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya? Single source will do.

I don't take questions from you, you don't answer them

How very ironic

Who claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Asked and answered and asked and answered and ...

Q: Who claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya?

You keep running. I'll keep laughing. Deal?

First, I pointed out how we searched for articles in 1991. Lexus Nexus. And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize the absurdity of doing a Lexus search on the name of an unknown author.

Again, for the cheap seats and the desperately, willful ignorant: Obama was the first black editor of the Harvard Review. There were articles from the New York Times to the Chicago Sun Tribune to the Boston Globe on this fact, each running far more extensive bios of the man than the paragraph or two blurb in the pamphlet. For example

New York Times said:
BOSTON, Feb. 5— The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

February, 1990

Your brain dead argument is that there is no way that this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Which is as desperately stupid as it is factually baseless. Adn it gets worse:

Boston Globe said:
Barack Obama became the first black president of the influential Harvard Law Review last week, after a marathon 17-hour selection process that pitted him against 18 other candidates. But he says he felt the full significance of the honor only after a rival candidate, also black, embraced him.

"He held onto me for a long time," said Obama, 28, a second-year student at Harvard Law School. "It was an important moment for me, because with that embrace I realized my election was not about me, but it was about us, about what we could do and what we could accomplish."

February, 1990

In another hopless fit of desperate, willful ignorance.....you laughably claim that there was no way this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Um....because you say so. And its still gets worse:

LA Times said:
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Barack Obama stares silently at a wall of fading black-and-white photographs in the muggy second-floor offices of the Harvard Law Review. He lingers over one row of solemn faces, his predecessors of 40 years ago.

All are men. All are dressed in dark-colored suits and ties. All are white.

It is a sobering moment for Obama, 28, who in February became the first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

March, 1990

And again, in your willful blindness and obtuse desperation, you insist that there is no way that this information could have been acessed by his Literary Firm. Again, because you say so. And lets kick a dead horse, shall we?

Vanity Fair said:
The new president of theHarvard Law Review was somewhat taken aback by the deluge of media coverage that followed hard on the heels of his election.The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama. The twenty-eight-year-old law student says he wasn’t going to run for the office until a black friend talked him into it.

June, 1990

If the news articles were inaccessible as you ignorantly claim and its absurd that anyone could have found articles about Obama....

.....How did Vanity Fair know about the NYT article about Obama....and cite it?

Shall I keep going? Or will you concede the piont that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about?

Oh, and you still haven't answered this question: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Keep running.

The whole premise of your argument was that it is their normal process.

The whole premise of my argument is that pulling the information from newspaper artiles answers your questions. And as Vanity Fair demonstrates, that information was thoroughly accessible. Making your ignorant claims that it was 'absurd' that anyone could have found information on Obama more meaningless gibberish.

As you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You're left with no one that claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya. Just you imagining it must be so. And your imagination is utterly trumped by Miriam Goderich.....

You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Your baseless imagination vs. her eye witness testimony has the same winner every time:

Not you.

So what else have you got?

1) No freaking way a publisher wants to be involved in a political mess like that, they just want out. No conspiracy, all self interest to try to make it go away

Says you, citing your imagination, backed by jack shit. Your entire argument is your imagination. And you still can't answer this simple question:

Q: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

First, I pointed out how we searched for articles in 1991. Lexus Nexus. And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize the absurdity of doing a Lexus search on the name of an unknown author.

Again, for the cheap seats and the desperately, willful ignorant: Obama was the first black editor of the Harvard Review. There were articles from the New York Times to the Chicago Sun Tribune to the Boston Globe on this fact, each running far more extensive bios of the man than the paragraph or two blurb in the pamphlet. For example

New York Times said:
BOSTON, Feb. 5— The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

February, 1990

Your brain dead argument is that there is no way that this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Which is as desperately stupid as it is factually baseless. Adn it gets worse:

Boston Globe said:
Barack Obama became the first black president of the influential Harvard Law Review last week, after a marathon 17-hour selection process that pitted him against 18 other candidates. But he says he felt the full significance of the honor only after a rival candidate, also black, embraced him.

"He held onto me for a long time," said Obama, 28, a second-year student at Harvard Law School. "It was an important moment for me, because with that embrace I realized my election was not about me, but it was about us, about what we could do and what we could accomplish."

February, 1990

In another hopless fit of desperate, willful ignorance.....you laughably claim that there was no way this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Um....because you say so. And its still gets worse:

LA Times said:
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Barack Obama stares silently at a wall of fading black-and-white photographs in the muggy second-floor offices of the Harvard Law Review. He lingers over one row of solemn faces, his predecessors of 40 years ago.

It is a sobering moment for Obama, 28, who in February became the first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

March, 1990

And again, in your willful blindness and obtuse desperation, you insist that there is no way that this information could have been acessed by his Literary Firm. Again, because you say so. And lets kick a dead horse, shall we?

Vanity Fair said:
The new president of theHarvard Law Review was somewhat taken aback by the deluge of media coverage that followed hard on the heels of his election.The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama. The twenty-eight-year-old law student says he wasn’t going to run for the office until a black friend talked him into it.

June, 1990

If the news articles were inaccessible as you ignorantly claim and its absurd that anyone could have found articles about Obama....

Shall I keep going? Or will you concede the piont that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about?

Oh, and you still haven't answered this question: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Keep running.

The whole premise of my argument is that pulling the information from newspaper artiles answers your questions. And as Vanity Fair demonstrates, that information was thoroughly accessible. Making your ignorant claims that it was 'absurd' that anyone could have found information on Obama more meaningless gibberish.

You're left with no one that claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya. Just you imagining it must be so. And your imagination is utterly trumped by Miriam Goderich.....

You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Miriam Goderich

Your baseless imagination vs. her eye witness testimony has the same winner every time:

Not you.

Again begging the question. I keep asking you as a process how you find the articles on unknown authors and how you know they're the right author. Your argument is it's the standard process.

You keep skipping over that and assuming that you found them.

How? How do you as a standard process find them? Particularly in 1991?

A: Newpaper blurbs about the person. Articles, bios, op-eds. Newspapers were, by far, the most common form of research in the pre-internet days.

Now, here's my question

- How are you going to find it? Lexus Nexus? For unknown authors there may be nothing written about at all and what is there would be pretty random?

Seriously, you're saying you're writing a bio about an unknown author, and you're not going to sit down with them and ask them who the fuck are you and what is interesting about you? The publisher didn't say they didn't, BTW, all they said is the author didn't write the bio, not that they didn't talk to the author. That actually makes sense to you? To drink that much kool-aid, you'd drown

Q: Who, other than you citing yourself on a topic you know jack shit about, claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya?

......you've never had an answer. Ever. And you never will. So.....more babble about Queen Elizabeth?

You're being stupid and all I'll repeat the answer. When you claim to be speaking for unknown masses of people (the British Empire?, the voices in your head?), then I'll call you Queen Elizabeth and ask who "we" or "us" is. I'm not clear what you're looking for me when you don't use the royal we and ask why I'm not calling you Queen Elizabeth, it speaks for itself.

I say that because it's a weak attempt to prop up your ego by implying you're on the side of a large number of people while I'm by my little old self. It's actually a sign of a weak ego and limp dick that need to be propped up because you don't have the self confidence to speak for yourself. I is a far more powerful word than we

So Kaz...still waiting for you to answer the simple question: Who claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya? Single source will do.

How very ironic

Dodged and dodged and dodged and dodged.....

1) No freaking way a publisher wants to be involved in a political mess like that, they just want out. No conspiracy, all self interest to try to make it go away

Says you, citing your imagination, backed by jack shit. Your entire argument is your imagination. And you still can't answer this simple question:

You really are a sheep if you think the publisher wasn't scared as shit to be in a national media shit storm like that because it fits your narrative. I never said they lied either. I said they wanted out, so they were intentionally vague. It just doesn't resolve the question, that's all. If they were driven by the truth and it helped Obama and they didn't care about the media anyway, they would have given a specific answer to the question, not a vague one

New York Times said:

February, 1990

Boston Globe said:

February, 1990

LA Times said:

March, 1990

Vanity Fair said:

June, 1990

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

Again begging the question. I keep asking you as a process how you find the articles on unknown authors and how you know they're the right author. Your argument is it's the standard process.

Your entire argument is begging the question.....as you're literally offering us nothing but your assumptions and imagination as both your evidence and your conclusion.

I've already demonstrated Vanity Fair citing the very NYT's article you insist couldn't be accessed. Demonstrating that it most definitely can be accessed.

You have to prove that the Literary Agency couildn't access any of the numerous articles on Obama. And you can't.

Your argument still breaks in the exact same place: No one claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya. Killing your argument that Obama told people he was born in Kenya.

How very ironic

Its just fun make him dance, run and offer one illogical piece of desperate horseshit after another.

Laughing....his entire argument has degenerated into idiotic idea that no one being able to access major newspaper articles in 1991. Even when I have one publication citing another in 1990.

As I said......you can't fix stupid. But you can't point and laugh at it.

You really are a sheep if you think the publisher wasn't scared as shit to be in a national media shit storm like that because it fits your narrative. I never said they lied either. I said they wanted out, so they were intentionally vague. It just doesn't resolve the question, that's all. If they were driven by the truth and it helped Obama and they didn't care about the media anyway, they would have given a specific answer to the question, not a vague one

Or.....you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about. As your comic blunder that its 'absurd' that anyone could find information on Obama in 1991. Somehow, Vanity fair managed, citing the very NYT article you insist no one would be able to find.

Prove that the numerous articles about Obama were inaccessible.

You can't.

Prove that Miriam Goderich is wrong and you are right.

You can't.

Prove that *anyone* claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya.

You can't.

All of you have is you citing yourself....insisting it must be so because you say so. And you, chief.....are nobody.

New York Times said:

February, 1990

Boston Globe said:

February, 1990

LA Times said:

March, 1990

Vanity Fair said:

June, 1990

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

Your entire argument is begging the question.....as you're literally offering us nothing but your assumptions and imagination as both your evidence and your conclusion.

I've already demonstrated Vanity Fair citing the very NYT's article you insist couldn't be accessed. Demonstrating that it most definitely can be accessed.

You have to prove that the Literary Agency couildn't access any of the numerous articles on Obama. And you can't.

Your argument still breaks in the exact same place: No one claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya. Killing your argument that Obama told people he was born in Kenya.

Who is "us," Queen Elizabeth? The British Empire? Your subjects want to know?

New York Times said:

February, 1990

Boston Globe said:

February, 1990

LA Times said:

March, 1990

Vanity Fair said:

June, 1990

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

If we are speaking theoretically- I went to college in the 1980's and we were taught how to do research at the time.
And one of the sources we were taught to research were publications.

If I was told to write a bio of a new author and told no more than say that she was the first woman editor of the Yale Law Review, and a graduate of Yale, I would go to the library and research popular publications that might have noted the first woman editor of the Yale Law Review.

Of course if I was in the publishing industry- which had money to pay for research- I likely would have paid a newspapper clipping service for articles about this theoretical young woman. My publishing company of course would already have had lots of information about the potential young author prior to ever signing the author- indeed the likelhood would be that the promising young author was signed on because of the national publicity created by the numerous articles in national publications regarding the potential authors accomplishments.

How very ironic

Its just fun make him dance, run and offer one illogical piece of desperate horseshit after another.

Laughing....his entire argument has degenerated into idiotic idea that no one being able to access major newspaper articles in 1991. Even when I have one publication citing another in 1990.

As I said......you can't fix stupid. But you can't point and laugh at it.

I'm dancing? You're the one who keeps running away and hiding every time I ask you how you would find blurbs about unknown authors as a standard process in 1991. You've got no idea. Of course you don't, it wasn't possible. But I did research in 1991 and you mow lawns, obviously you would know better

New York Times said:

February, 1990

Boston Globe said:

February, 1990

LA Times said:

March, 1990

Vanity Fair said:

June, 1990

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

If we are speaking theoretically- I went to college in the 1980's and we were taught how to do research at the time.

If I was told to write a bio of a new author and told no more than say that she was the first woman editor of the Yale Law Review, and a graduate of Yale, I would go to the library and research popular publications that might have noted the first woman editor of the Yale Law Review.

Of course if I was in the publishing industry- which had money to pay for research- I likely would have paid a newspapper clipping service for articles about this theoretical young woman. My publishing company of course would already have had lots of information about the potential young author prior to ever signing the author- indeed the likelhood would be that the promising young author was signed on because of the national publicity created by the numerous articles in national publications regarding the potential authors accomplishments.

You just made my point. You would actually ask the author basic questions. What school did you go to? Did you win any awards? Where were you ... born ???

Now, here's my question

Here is Kaz's usual dance

He lies about President Obama
When challenged about his lie- and presented with the facts- he then challenges everyone to create a fantasy scenario like he has created
When anyone speculates- Kaz then rejects that speculation

Kaz just wants an excuse to attack President Obama- and is willing to lie to do so.

even the premise of Kaz's furious turd polishing is absurd; That Literary Agency that works on commission will represent someone based SOLELY on what the person says about themselves.

That the Literary Agencies NEVER fact check. That they NEVER look up any articles on the person they're representing. That they NEVER have any idea the media presence of their clients.

And that in this vacuum of ignorance they pluck a 28 year old from obscurity and represent him, apparently at random. As they had NO idea of his national exposure in the NY Times, LA Times, or the headline article in Vanity Fair. Nor could possibly access any of that information even if they'd wanted to.

All because Kaz says so.

Like I said.....you can't fix stupid.

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

Who is "us," Queen Elizabeth? The British Empire? Your subjects want to know?
The persons asking the questions you keep dodging- the persons- myself, Seawytch, Skylar who ask you to provide any quote from President Obama that he was born in Kenya, or anyone who claims that President Obama told them he was born in Kenya

Your argument still breaks in the exact same place: No one claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya. Killing your argument that Obama told people he was born in Kenya

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

You just made my point. You would actually ask the author basic questions. What school did you go to? Did you win any awards? Where were you ... born ???

Why would I ask the author those questions when I already knew the answers? In my fantasy publishing company, we don't sign on new talent just because they walk in the door, they have to have demonstrated achievements or perhaps garnered some publicity- all of which we would have records of before we ever considered signing the potential new author to a contract.

Likely we would have had copies of every national publication that mention her being the first woman editor of the Yale Law review before we even signed her contract.

If we didn't, we would hire a newspaper clipping service to get them for us, for future promotional purposes.

Keep running.

Miriam Goderich

Not you.

Why in the fuck would they have represented him if they didn't know anything about him?

THINK for a second. They didn't pick Obama at random. They picked him because he already national exposure, having been in numerous famous publications like the NY Times, LA Times, Boston Globe and Vanity Fair as the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review.

Your argument is predicated on the assumption that for no particular reason, they were bone ignorant of ALL of this, picked the man at apparent random, and had no idea of his national media profile.

Your argument is fucking idiotic. Of course they knew who he was. They would have already researched him and read as much as they could on him BEFORE they agreed to represent him.

Now, here's my question

How very ironic

Nope. Not ever. You've never managed to answer this question:

Name that person.

Now, here's my question

When challenged about his lie- and presented with the facts- he then challenges everyone to create a fantasy scenario like he has created

Kaz just wants an excuse to attack President Obama- and is willing to lie to do so.

even the premise of Kaz's furious turd polishing is absurd; That Literary Agency that works on commission will represent someone based SOLELY on what the person says about themselves.

That the Literary Agencies NEVER fact check. That they NEVER look up any articles on the person they're representing. That they NEVER have any idea the media presence of their clients.

And that in this vacuum of ignorance they pluck a 28 year old from obscurity and represent him, apparently at random. As they had NO idea of his national exposure in the NY Times, LA Times, or the headline article in Vanity Fair. Nor could possibly access any of that information even if they'd wanted to.

All because Kaz says so.

And remember in Kaz's world- no one ever makes mistakes- and they always lie to protect President Obama.

upload_2016-5-11_10-46-57.png

Chicago Daily Herald 5/3/90

upload_2016-5-11_10-49-15.png

Yeah- no possibility any mistake could happen......

Now, here's my question

All because Kaz says so.

And remember in Kaz's world- no one ever makes mistakes- and they always lie to protect President Obama.

View attachment 74501
Chicago Daily Herald 5/3/90

View attachment 74502

Yeah- no possibility any mistake could happen......

Strawman, I said they didn't lie, that's why they issued an evasive answer. Try to keep up

Forum List

Back