True history of the birther movement: Telegraph UK 2011

Q: How are you going to approach writing a bio without talking to them?

A: Newpaper blurbs about the person. Articles, bios, op-eds. Newspapers were, by far, the most common form of research in the pre-internet days.

Now, here's my question

Exactly the level of inaneness you come from.

- How are you going to find it? Lexus Nexus? For unknown authors there may be nothing written about at all and what is there would be pretty random?

- How are you going to know it's them? Lots of people with the same name

- Why would you think that's the most interesting thing about them?

Seriously, you're saying you're writing a bio about an unknown author, and you're not going to sit down with them and ask them who the fuck are you and what is interesting about you? The publisher didn't say they didn't, BTW, all they said is the author didn't write the bio, not that they didn't talk to the author. That actually makes sense to you? To drink that much kool-aid, you'd drown

Q: Who, other than you citing yourself on a topic you know jack shit about, claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya?

......you've never had an answer. Ever. And you never will. So.....more babble about Queen Elizabeth?

You're being stupid and all I'll repeat the answer. When you claim to be speaking for unknown masses of people (the British Empire?, the voices in your head?), then I'll call you Queen Elizabeth and ask who "we" or "us" is. I'm not clear what you're looking for me when you don't use the royal we and ask why I'm not calling you Queen Elizabeth, it speaks for itself.

I say that because it's a weak attempt to prop up your ego by implying you're on the side of a large number of people while I'm by my little old self. It's actually a sign of a weak ego and limp dick that need to be propped up because you don't have the self confidence to speak for yourself. I is a far more powerful word than we
LorenCollins.jpg.cf.jpg

110824exhibit7.jpg.cf.jpg

OK?
Yep!

No idea what point you're making. Do I need to speak monkey to get it, monkey man? Maybe you should just go back to picking fleas off each other with your friends

Why? No other President has ever had to, why him?

Do you believe Trump should have to provide his tax returns? I think he needs to provide the girth certificate for his cheeto penis since he's claiming he's go "no problem in that area". What do you think?

If W had said he was born in another country like Obama did, you people would be screaming to high heaven to prove he was born here and you'd be attacking him endlessly for having said it either way

Except Obama never did, birther hack.

A birther is someone who believes Obama was born in Kenya and is therefore not a legitimate President. Not only do I not believe either of those, I believe even if he had been born in Kenya he's a legitimate President because his mother was American.

At some point, are you not going to say wow, maybe your kids should get a better education than the crappy one government provided you?

And still you perpetuate the myth that Obama said he was Kenyan. Birther light.

Why would his publisher have said he was born in Kenya if he didn't tell them that? Based on what are you arguing publishers make up the birth country of their author's without talking to them?

A mistake. As Miriam Goderich, the woman who put the pamphlet together explained. And you ignored, pretending you knew better.

But......you don't know anything. While she's the world's leading expert.

A: Newpaper blurbs about the person. Articles, bios, op-eds. Newspapers were, by far, the most common form of research in the pre-internet days.

Now, here's my question

- How are you going to find it? Lexus Nexus? For unknown authors there may be nothing written about at all and what is there would be pretty random?

There was no way to research newspaper articles in 1991? Really? That's what you've retreated to?

And Miriam Goderich apparently got Barack Hussien Obama mixed up with Barack Hussein Obama.

You're literally making my argument for me.

Seriously, you're saying you're writing a bio about an unknown author, and you're not going to sit down with them and ask them who the fuck are you and what is interesting about you? The publisher didn't say they didn't, BTW, all they said is the author didn't write the bio, not that they didn't talk to the author. That actually makes sense to you? To drink that much kool-aid, you'd drown

Its a bio blurb. A paragraph or two in a pamphlet......not War and Peace. Interviews take lots and lots of time, requiring synced up schedules. Grabbing a few newspaper articles and pulling a handful of relevant facts out of them is easier, quicker, and makes much more sense. Its the 1991 equivalent of Wikipedia.

And again......who is claiming that Barack Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Say it with me: "Nobody".
Q: Who, other than you citing yourself on a topic you know jack shit about, claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya?

......you've never had an answer. Ever. And you never will. So.....more babble about Queen Elizabeth?

You're being stupid and all I'll repeat the answer. When you claim to be speaking for unknown masses of people (the British Empire?, the voices in your head?), then I'll call you Queen Elizabeth and ask who "we" or "us" is. I'm not clear what you're looking for me when you don't use the royal we and ask why I'm not calling you Queen Elizabeth, it speaks for itself.

I say that because it's a weak attempt to prop up your ego by implying you're on the side of a large number of people while I'm by my little old self. It's actually a sign of a weak ego and limp dick that need to be propped up because you don't have the self confidence to speak for yourself. I is a far more powerful word than we

And exactly as I told you you would....you comically fled to inane babble about 'Queen Elizabeth'. All to desperately avoid answering this cartoon simple question that we both already know the answer to:

Q: Who claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya?

You keep running. I'll keep laughing. Deal?

Last edited:
If W had said he was born in another country like Obama did, you people would be screaming to high heaven to prove he was born here and you'd be attacking him endlessly for having said it either way

A birther is someone who believes Obama was born in Kenya and is therefore not a legitimate President. Not only do I not believe either of those, I believe even if he had been born in Kenya he's a legitimate President because his mother was American.

At some point, are you not going to say wow, maybe your kids should get a better education than the crappy one government provided you?

Why would his publisher have said he was born in Kenya if he didn't tell them that? Based on what are you arguing publishers make up the birth country of their author's without talking to them?

A mistake. As Miriam Goderich, the woman who put the pamphlet together explained. And you ignored, pretending you knew better.

So answer the question. You're given the name of a person. How are you going to write a bio for them without talking to them? Saying you're going to use newspaper clippings besides being stupid isn't an answer. Tell me how you'd approach even finding them all and sorting out of all the clippings which are even the person you're writing about?

And if you don't find key, basic information about them like their college you're just going to leave that out? And you're not going to ask them about awards or recognition, just hope you find a clipping and you'll magically now it's them?

It's difficult talking to people like you who have never worked in a white collar environment because you just don't know how ridiculous what you are saying is even when it's pointed out to you

So answer the question. You're given the name of a person. How are you going to write a bio for them without talking to them? Saying you're going to use newspaper clippings besides being stupid isn't an answer.

Of course its an answer. You look at newspaper articles and pull out a handful of relevant facts for the one or two paragraph blurb going into an obscure pamphlet. Obama was the first black editor of the Harvard Review. And for that there were plenty of news articles on the man.

Your bizarre insistence that it couldn't have been newspaper articles is both factually baseless and wildly irrational. Newspaper articles not only answer the question beautifully, they were fully available and almost certainly the method by which the Literary Agency became aware of Obama in the first place.

Which brings us back to the same question that destroys your silly little turd of an argument every time:

Q: Who says Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Keep running. Its not like the rest of us can't read the question that sends you fleeing. And destroys your entire argument. As the answer is obvious: "No one".

First, I pointed out how we searched for articles in 1991. Lexus Nexus. And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize the absurdity of doing a Lexus search on the name of an unknown author. So I want to know how you'd do that and also verify the hits on the name are even the person you're looking for.

And second, that you don't like my answer isn't evading the question. There was only one source of saying he was born in Kenya. And the publisher's statement was swiss cheese. For example, they didn't say they didn't speak to him, they said he didn't "write" the bio. Miriam said she didn't fact check it, she didn't say who made it up. No one sat down in front of a white piece of paper and made up he was born in Kenya

So answer the question. You're given the name of a person. How are you going to write a bio for them without talking to them? Saying you're going to use newspaper clippings besides being stupid isn't an answer.

Of course its an answer. You look at newspaper articles and pull out a handful of relevant facts for the one or two paragraph blurb going into an obscure pamphlet. Obama was the first black editor of the Harvard Review. And for that there were plenty of news articles on the man.

Your bizarre insistence that it couldn't have been newspaper articles is both factually baseless and wildly irrational. Newspaper articles not only answer the question beautifully, they were fully available and almost certainly the method by which the Literary Agency became aware of Obama in the first place.

Which brings us back to the same question that destroys your silly little turd of an argument every time:

Q: Who says Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Keep running. Its not like the rest of us can't read the question that sends you fleeing. And destroys your entire argument. As the answer is obvious: "No one".

You're just repeating your non answer.

HOW DO YOU FIND THE ARTICLES?

HOW DO YOU KNOW THE PERSON IS THE PERSON YOU ARE RESEARCHING, NOT SOMEONE WITH THE SAME NAME?

Be specific. My daughter lived in 8 States growing up from California to Connecticut. Her name is not as common as John Smith, but there have to be a bunch of people with the same name. You're going to find all the references to her in all the local papers? Even with the Internet that's daunting. But you were going to do it in 1991? Stop dancing and just assuming you'll find every reference. I was working on graduate degrees then and looking for way easier information to find and it was a bitch to find it then. All you keep repeat is you would find it. How?

First, I pointed out how we searched for articles in 1991. Lexus Nexus. And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize the absurdity of doing a Lexus search on the name of an unknown author.

Again, for the cheap seats and the desperately, willful ignorant: Obama was the first black editor of the Harvard Review. There were articles from the New York Times to the Chicago Sun Tribune to the Boston Globe on this fact, each running far more extensive bios of the man than the paragraph or two blurb in the pamphlet. For example

New York Times said:
BOSTON, Feb. 5— The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

February, 1990

Your brain dead argument is that there is no way that this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Which is as desperately stupid as it is factually baseless. Adn it gets worse:

Boston Globe said:
Barack Obama became the first black president of the influential Harvard Law Review last week, after a marathon 17-hour selection process that pitted him against 18 other candidates. But he says he felt the full significance of the honor only after a rival candidate, also black, embraced him.

"He held onto me for a long time," said Obama, 28, a second-year student at Harvard Law School. "It was an important moment for me, because with that embrace I realized my election was not about me, but it was about us, about what we could do and what we could accomplish."

February, 1990

In another hopless fit of desperate, willful ignorance.....you laughably claim that there was no way this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Um....because you say so. And its still gets worse:

LA Times said:
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Barack Obama stares silently at a wall of fading black-and-white photographs in the muggy second-floor offices of the Harvard Law Review. He lingers over one row of solemn faces, his predecessors of 40 years ago.

All are men. All are dressed in dark-colored suits and ties. All are white.

It is a sobering moment for Obama, 28, who in February became the first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

March, 1990

And again, in your willful blindness and obtuse desperation, you insist that there is no way that this information could have been acessed by his Literary Firm. Again, because you say so. And lets kick a dead horse, shall we?

Vanity Fair said:
The new president of theHarvard Law Review was somewhat taken aback by the deluge of media coverage that followed hard on the heels of his election.The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama. The twenty-eight-year-old law student says he wasn’t going to run for the office until a black friend talked him into it.

June, 1990

If the news articles were inaccessible as you ignorantly claim and its absurd that anyone could have found articles about Obama....

.....How did Vanity Fair know about the NYT article about Obama....and cite it?

Shall I keep going? Or will you concede the piont that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about?

Oh, and you still haven't answered this question: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Keep running.

The same way Vanity Fair did in June 1990

The new president of the Harvard Law Review was somewhat taken aback by the deluge of media coverage that followed hard on the heels of his election.The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama. The twenty-eight-year-old law student says he wasn’t going to run for the office until a black friend talked him into it.

June, 1990

If the news articles were inaccessible as you ignorantly claim and its absurd that anyone could have found articles about Obama....

Its not a grand conspiracy, buddy. You simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Vanity Fair makes it ludicriously clear that these articles could be accessed. You have to prove that the Literary Agency that represented Obama couldn't access them.

Laughing.....and you've got jack shit to back that up.

Oh, and slick? Here's your cue to run: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.

Miriam Goderich

But you know better, huh buddy.....because you say so? Sorry slick, but you're nobody. You know jack shit about how that pamphlet was assembled. You didn't even know it existed until 2012.

While Miriam Goderich is the world's leading expert, having put it together. And she indicated that the mistake was hers and that Obama *never* told her he was born in Kenya.

So who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Laughing.....say it with me, Chief; "No one". Time for another cameo by 'Queen Elizabeth?'

Last edited:

i wonder if the people in Kenya think he was born there.
now we are away from the fog of the controversy. anyone have relatives in Mombasa ?

Laughing......I wonder if the people of the International Space Station believe he as born there. As there's as much evidence that Obama was born in orbit as there is him being born in Kenya.

There's one difference. Obama never claimed to be born on the International Space Station ...

True- he claimed to be born on Krypton.
images

Other than Hawaii- that is the only place he has ever claimed he was born.

i wonder if the people in Kenya think he was born there.
now we are away from the fog of the controversy. anyone have relatives in Mombasa ?

Laughing......I wonder if the people of the International Space Station believe he as born there. As there's as much evidence that Obama was born in orbit as there is him being born in Kenya.

There's one difference. Obama never claimed to be born on the International Space Station ...

True- he claimed to be born on Krypton.
images

Other than Hawaii- that is the only place he has ever claimed he was born.

Finally, a birther conspiracy that can actually back its quote.

As so far, NO ONE has claimed that Obama told them he was born in Kenya.

Why do you ask others to play your fantasy games?

The publisher told us it was her mistake- and told us that President Obama never told her he was born in Kenya.

Why do you ask others to create fantasies like you do?

OK, I'll play. You're a researcher. Your boss gives you a name. How are you going to approach writing a bio without talking to them? Go ...

Oh, also, this is 1990, you don't even have the Internet (not that it would matter)

The publisher told us it was her mistake- and told us that President Obama never told her he was born in Kenya.

The publisher said Obama didn't write it, they didn't say Obama wasn't asked for input.

Stop evading:

You're a researcher. Your boss gives you a name. How are you going to approach writing a bio without talking to them? Go ...

Again- why do you insist that everyone else play your fantasy speculation games?

Here are the facts
In every major publication from 1990 onward- Barack Obama's birth place is noted as Hawaii
In one obscure brochure his birthplace is listed as Kenya.
The editor of the brochure said:

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

You ignore any facts you don't like, why should I indulge your desire for more fantasy speculation?

I prefer the facts.

So if you were asked to write a bio of someone without any input, you have no fricking clue how you'd do it. Exactly my point. Here's a question:

You're a researcher. Your boss gives you a name. How are you going to approach writing a bio without talking to them? Go ...

You keep insisting everyone else play your silly Birther fantasy game.

I prefer the facts

Here are the facts
In every major publication from 1990 onward- Barack Obama's birth place is noted as Hawaii

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

You ignore any facts you don't like, why should I indulge your desire for more fantasy speculation?

I prefer the facts.

OK, I'll play. You're a researcher. Your boss gives you a name. How are you going to approach writing a bio without talking to them? Go ...

Oh, also, this is 1990, you don't even have the Internet (not that it would matter)

The publisher said Obama didn't write it, they didn't say Obama wasn't asked for input.

Stop evading:

Again- why do you insist that everyone else play your fantasy speculation games?

Here are the facts

I prefer the facts.

So if you were asked to write a bio of someone without any input, you have no fricking clue how you'd do it. Exactly my point. Here's a question:

I prefer the facts

Here are the facts

I prefer the facts.

Sigh.....fuckin' birthers.

You can't fix stupid.

Now, here's my question

Here is Kaz's usual dance

He lies about President Obama
When challenged about his lie- and presented with the facts- he then challenges everyone to create a fantasy scenario like he has created
When anyone speculates- Kaz then rejects that speculation

Kaz just wants an excuse to attack President Obama- and is willing to lie to do so.

Now, here's my question

So Kaz...still waiting for you to answer the simple question: Who claims that Obama told them was born in Kenya? Single source will do.

I don't take questions from you, you don't answer them

How very ironic

Who claims that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

First, I pointed out how we searched for articles in 1991. Lexus Nexus. And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize the absurdity of doing a Lexus search on the name of an unknown author.

Again, for the cheap seats and the desperately, willful ignorant: Obama was the first black editor of the Harvard Review. There were articles from the New York Times to the Chicago Sun Tribune to the Boston Globe on this fact, each running far more extensive bios of the man than the paragraph or two blurb in the pamphlet. For example

New York Times said:
BOSTON, Feb. 5— The Harvard Law Review, generally considered the most prestigious in the country, elected the first black president in its 104-year history today. The job is considered the highest student position at Harvard Law School.

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.

February, 1990

Your brain dead argument is that there is no way that this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Which is as desperately stupid as it is factually baseless. Adn it gets worse:

Boston Globe said:
Barack Obama became the first black president of the influential Harvard Law Review last week, after a marathon 17-hour selection process that pitted him against 18 other candidates. But he says he felt the full significance of the honor only after a rival candidate, also black, embraced him.

"He held onto me for a long time," said Obama, 28, a second-year student at Harvard Law School. "It was an important moment for me, because with that embrace I realized my election was not about me, but it was about us, about what we could do and what we could accomplish."

February, 1990

In another hopless fit of desperate, willful ignorance.....you laughably claim that there was no way this information could have been accessed by his Literary Agency. Um....because you say so. And its still gets worse:

LA Times said:
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Barack Obama stares silently at a wall of fading black-and-white photographs in the muggy second-floor offices of the Harvard Law Review. He lingers over one row of solemn faces, his predecessors of 40 years ago.

All are men. All are dressed in dark-colored suits and ties. All are white.

It is a sobering moment for Obama, 28, who in February became the first black to be elected president in the 102-year history of the prestigious student-run law journal.

March, 1990

And again, in your willful blindness and obtuse desperation, you insist that there is no way that this information could have been acessed by his Literary Firm. Again, because you say so. And lets kick a dead horse, shall we?

Vanity Fair said:
The new president of theHarvard Law Review was somewhat taken aback by the deluge of media coverage that followed hard on the heels of his election.The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama. The twenty-eight-year-old law student says he wasn’t going to run for the office until a black friend talked him into it.

June, 1990

Shall I keep going? Or will you concede the piont that you simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about?

Oh, and you still haven't answered this question: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

Keep running.

The whole premise of your argument was that it is their normal process. That's what I asked you to explain. That they may have found hits on Obama (though it would have been way more work than asking him) doesn't answer.

I did lots of research in Lexus Nexus writing academic papers working on my graduate degrees in that period, and that's the best solution I know of at that time. The idea you'd find all those articles on unknowns even if they existed is preposterous to anyone to remotely had that experience. Even with the Internet it would be extremely difficult. But short references to unknown authors? It's ludicrous you would believe that

The same way Vanity Fair did in June 1990

The new president of the Harvard Law Review was somewhat taken aback by the deluge of media coverage that followed hard on the heels of his election.The New York Times ran a “First Black” headline, which probably won’t be the last time that label is affixed to Barack Obama. The twenty-eight-year-old law student says he wasn’t going to run for the office until a black friend talked him into it.

June, 1990

Its not a grand conspiracy, buddy. You simply don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Vanity Fair makes it ludicriously clear that these articles could be accessed. You have to prove that the Literary Agency that represented Obama couldn't access them.

Laughing.....and you've got jack shit to back that up.

Oh, and slick? Here's your cue to run: Who says that Obama told them he was born in Kenya?

The voices in your head say it's a conspiracy? I sure didn't.

1) No freaking way a publisher wants to be involved in a political mess like that, they just want out. No conspiracy, all self interest to try to make it go away

2) To that end if there was a legitimate reason they'd have gladly said it. There wasn't, it came from Obama, so they were intentionally vague.

Tell the voices in your head to shut up, they sound as dumb and gullible as you are

Stop evading:

Here are the facts

I prefer the facts.

I prefer the facts

Here are the facts

I prefer the facts.

An admitted incompetent who can't fact check a blurb and doesn't explain who did sit in front of a piece of blank paper and write that he was born in Kenya. Yeah, that can be blindly believed. Now the British government standing behind and repeating what they said, we can reject that as the crap that it is

Stop evading:

Here are the facts

I prefer the facts.

I prefer the facts

Here are the facts

I prefer the facts.

Sigh.....fuckin' birthers.

You can't fix stupid.

What a moron, you don't know the difference between someone who just thinks Obama lied and a birther. You may want to google what a birther is. I don't meet any of the criteria and you have to meet all of them to be a birther

Forum List

Back