Trump 2022!

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
And I thought I was going to have to wait until 2024.

---During the discussion at around the 6:10 minute mark, Root begins to discuss his idea of having President Trump take over the Speaker’s role in the House after the 2022 Election. ---

---During the discussion at around the 6:10 minute mark, Root begins to discuss his idea of having President Trump take over the Speaker’s role in the House after the 2022 Election. ---

The Birther Wayne Allen Root? That 'root'?

I just want to make sure we're talking about the same guy.

Trump is even less prepared to be House Speaker than he was to be President. He'd make a complete fool of himself.

Trump as House Speaker:

"The first order of business is to get rid of the House Ethics Committee."

"What do you mean I can't limit all bills to be no more than 280 characters?"

"What do you mean I can't abolish the filibuster for bills I want passed?"

"What do you mean the Speaker of the House isn't allowed to issue Executive Orders?"

"The Senate is a bunch of losers. The House has higher ratings."

"What do you mean I can't be the only one who decides what laws get changed?"

"What do you mean I can't fire any Congressman I don't like?"

"What the hell does reconciliation mean? I don't do reconciliation for nobody!"

"Can I appoint Alex Jones as my Parliamentarian?"

main-qimg-3f56cd491df985e2c9d5679bb75473f6-lq

Trump is too lazy and dumb for the speaker's role.

There is no way that GOP will make the former POTUS Speaker Of The House.

Being popular with the republican voters does not necessarily translate into support from the establishment…

The heads of Democrats would be exploding. It would be well worth it.
Here's a question: Can the Speaker of the House be impeached? I mean, is it actually possible? I'm not asking as either a Trump supporter or hater or a Pelosi supporter or hater. Does the Speaker have so much power that they can't even be impeached?

Here's a question: Can the Speaker of the House be impeached? I mean, is it actually possible? I'm not asking as either a Trump supporter or hater or a Pelosi supporter or hater. Does the Speaker have so much power that they can't even be impeached?

Here is who can be impeached.. The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,

Member of Congress do not fall under this.

Here is who can be impeached.. The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States,

Member of Congress do not fall under this.
So, you are saying that the Speaker of the House has more power than the president of the United States, as long as the Speaker can come up with a vote of 218-217.

So, you are saying that the Speaker of the House has more power than the president of the United States, as long as the Speaker can come up with a vote of 218-217.

Not at all, they just have different rules. They are subject to recall by the voters that put them there. They can also be expelled from the House by a 2/3 vote.

The Speaker of the House does not even have to be an elected representative with a seat in congress. So if the republicans take back control of the House or Representatives, they could in theory vote Trump as Speaker with a majority vote. Likewise, a majority vote can replace the Speaker with a new speaker at any time.

Impeachment would require the same 218-217 (against the speaker) vote if Impeachment were on the table. So as far as removal from office, it has the same effect

Forum List

Back