Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program

Trump Administration Moves to End Food Stamps for 3 Million

8 out of 10 states with the highest percentage of folks on food stamps voted for Trump

Once again, Trump and his enablers have shafted their own supporters.

Unfortunately they will blame Dems for it and still vote for trump
/——/ Your analysis is flawed. How do you know food stamp users in those states voted for Trump in the first place? How do you know how any of them voted? Did you consider the possibility that they voted for Trump in 2016 to turn the economy around so they wouldn’t need food stamps? And did you consider the possibility that they are no longer on food stamps and will vote for him in 2020, or is that above your pay grade?

The people who needed food stamps in 2016, haven't changed. The bottom 40% didn't get a raise, or a much of a tax cut. They got tariffs on almost everything they buy, and a lot of them lost their health insurance.

The economy is strong, but doing little to bolster President Trump's support, survey says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...5c382e-99b5-11e9-916d-9c61607d8190_story.html

If the rising tide doesn't lift all boats, the ones who get swamped will not be voting Trump in 2020.

What tariffs impact the poor?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

/——/ I earn a great living and I’m neither a doctor or lawyer. When I got my first part time job in 1968 it was for $1.40 an hour. I wanted to buy my first car and minimum wage wasn’t enough so I got experience, improved my skills and found a job for about $2.25 and by 1969 I was making over $3 an hour. I bought my first car, a used VW Karman Ghia.

It doesn't matter what you did. When you did it there were millions of well paying factory jobs that one could get with absolutely no experience. That is no longer the case.

That's like arguing, I could buy a loaf of bread for 19 cents, I don't understand why everyone can't do that today.
/—-/ No dumbass, it means I took matters into my own hands and worked hard to do better. Today I’d take the $10 an hour job and work my way up. Same theory, just different numbers.

Just for future reference, if you think name calling is a proper rebuttal, I will ignore you.

Yes, you can take a $10 an hour job and move up BUT there are a limited number of jobs one can move up to.

I note this over and over, please tell me in decent language if you can where I am wrong.

Your solution will work for an individual. It will not work for tens of millions. This is a country of tens of millions.

Well, it sure has worked for tens of millions individuals for the last 100 years (at least). For those that feel they deserve a promotion because they show up every day, better hold out for that $15/hour job that may come along one of these days.

If it worked, there wouldn't be so many on public assistance of some sort.

Again, you once could get a good paying factory job. You didn't have to get "promoted" to just get by. Sadly $15 an hour will not even do that in some places.

Move.

the problem is you steal money from us to pay for your poor friends,,,and no where in the constitution does that authority exist,,,

Nowhere in the constitution does it say we have to give big tax subsidies to big corporations, but you guys do that shit, too.

Hey, here's why I am all for taking money and giving it to poor people. It's preferable to them breaking into my house at night and trying to take it.
/—-/ Nowhere in the constitution does it say we must subsidize murdering babies in abortion mills, but here we are.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you can force women, against their will, to carry and give birth to babies they cannot afford to raise, but here we are.

it also doesn't say it is OK to be a slut and use abortion as birth control!

8 out of 10 states with the highest percentage of folks on food stamps voted for Trump

/——/ Your analysis is flawed. How do you know food stamp users in those states voted for Trump in the first place? How do you know how any of them voted? Did you consider the possibility that they voted for Trump in 2016 to turn the economy around so they wouldn’t need food stamps? And did you consider the possibility that they are no longer on food stamps and will vote for him in 2020, or is that above your pay grade?

The people who needed food stamps in 2016, haven't changed. The bottom 40% didn't get a raise, or a much of a tax cut. They got tariffs on almost everything they buy, and a lot of them lost their health insurance.

The economy is strong, but doing little to bolster President Trump's support, survey says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...5c382e-99b5-11e9-916d-9c61607d8190_story.html

If the rising tide doesn't lift all boats, the ones who get swamped will not be voting Trump in 2020.

More BS from the financial know-it-alls completely speculating!

If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question. Remain in the dark.

It doesn't matter what you did. When you did it there were millions of well paying factory jobs that one could get with absolutely no experience. That is no longer the case.

That's like arguing, I could buy a loaf of bread for 19 cents, I don't understand why everyone can't do that today.
/—-/ No dumbass, it means I took matters into my own hands and worked hard to do better. Today I’d take the $10 an hour job and work my way up. Same theory, just different numbers.

Just for future reference, if you think name calling is a proper rebuttal, I will ignore you.

Yes, you can take a $10 an hour job and move up BUT there are a limited number of jobs one can move up to.

I note this over and over, please tell me in decent language if you can where I am wrong.

Your solution will work for an individual. It will not work for tens of millions. This is a country of tens of millions.

Well, it sure has worked for tens of millions individuals for the last 100 years (at least). For those that feel they deserve a promotion because they show up every day, better hold out for that $15/hour job that may come along one of these days.

Again, you once could get a good paying factory job. You didn't have to get "promoted" to just get by. Sadly $15 an hour will not even do that in some places.

Move.
It doesn't help. The poor red states only pay $7.25 per hour. And they have to be forced to do that.

I blamed "us". We have allowed it to happen. We root it on today (or many do). Are you saying you don't support Trump's position on Iran?

no we havent,,,and nothing short of leaving the middle east or turning it into a glass bowl will solve the iran problem or ours,,

and you might want to defend a different country than iran,,,they are one of the largest provider of terrorist in the world

Right behind the U.S. and Saudi Arabia,

so you believe the USA is a terrorist country????

Absolutely. We invade countries that have done nothing to us. We funded both OBL and ISIS.

We blow up schools and hospitals. Seems to fit the bill to me.

Why do you keep repeating these lies?

so you believe the USA is a terrorist country????

Absolutely. We invade countries that have done nothing to us. We funded both OBL and ISIS.

We blow up schools and hospitals. Seems to fit the bill to me.
to a degree youre right but have a very blurry view of things,

and you might want to look up the definition of terrorist,,,

We define who a "terrorist" is. The definition doesn't matter. If we defend our country we are Patriotic. If others defend theirs, they are terrorists.

you just twisted the reality of the whole mess,,,

sorry but words have meanings even if you want to ignore them,,

The reality is we are killing innocent people all over the globe. You can say that is not terrorism, I say it is.

You are just another dumbass conspiracy theorist! I'm done!

Millions of voters that have pay the taxes to fund the fucking food stamps for shitheads like the fact Trump is trying to cut back some of it.

I'll pay for my food and you pay for yours.

Why should I have to pay the farmers?

You shouldn't.

There should be no welfare, subsidies, grants, entitlements or bailouts. Not for anybody.

The difference is that the farmers usually work their asses off for their subsidies while the Democrat voting welfare queens that don't do jackshit.

We pay them to not work. Corporate farming gets huge subsidies. With that being the case, I am suppose to get upset that we make sure the poor can eat?

If you don't like subsidies then join me in advocating that all subsidies, welfare, bailouts, entitlements and grants be stopped.

Nobody gets money made by other people. No more transferring money from the people that earned it to the people that didn't earn it.

That is fair, isn't it?

It isn't going to happen. To do that we would have to shut down the Federal Reserve and until some outside source makes it irrelevant that is never going to happen so I will continue to advocate for the poor.

One day it will happen.
The problem is, you are NOT advocating for the poor. You are enabling their dependency.

Move.
It doesn't help. The poor red states only pay $7.25 per hour. And they have to be forced to do that.

Listen, dumbass! I just happen to live in one of those so-called poor states. McDonald's starts at $11.00 an hour for high school kids. STFU until you grown a brain!

If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question. Remain in the dark.

You didn't answer the question! Neither did the other poster!

[

Here is the deal........Get rid of the corporate bail outs and I no longer support bail outs for the people. As long as we are going to give corporations billions, I'm going to argue for the people to get a little back.

You mean like the billions that Obama gave to corporations?

How about stopping all bailouts, welfare, grants, entitlements and subsidizes? For everybody? The government should never be in the business of taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to somebody that didn't earn it. Wouldn't you agree?

Why should I have to pay the farmers?

You shouldn't.

There should be no welfare, subsidies, grants, entitlements or bailouts. Not for anybody.

The difference is that the farmers usually work their asses off for their subsidies while the Democrat voting welfare queens that don't do jackshit.

We pay them to not work. Corporate farming gets huge subsidies. With that being the case, I am suppose to get upset that we make sure the poor can eat?

If you don't like subsidies then join me in advocating that all subsidies, welfare, bailouts, entitlements and grants be stopped.

Nobody gets money made by other people. No more transferring money from the people that earned it to the people that didn't earn it.

That is fair, isn't it?

It isn't going to happen. To do that we would have to shut down the Federal Reserve and until some outside source makes it irrelevant that is never going to happen so I will continue to advocate for the poor.

One day it will happen.
The problem is, you are NOT advocating for the poor. You are enabling their dependency.

If it's OK to keep wall street dependent, then I'm not going to complain about the rest.

Trump wants to kick off the "enablers" off the Food Stamp program. I am all for that.
The people that shouldn't really be on the Food Stamp program are only scamming it, so they can get on the "freebies". Especially, those who are able to work. But rather live off the system.
Additionally those taking food stamps are effectively wards of the state. As such they shouldn’t be allowed to vote...
What a typically unamerican thing to say.

I am pro America as it gets and I think the same thing. I think only property owners should vote. If you dont own a piece of something then you shouldnt have any say, paying your income taxes is just rent, property taxes is ownership. Of course Democrats wouldnt agree
Then you are not proamerican.

[

Here is the deal........Get rid of the corporate bail outs and I no longer support bail outs for the people. As long as we are going to give corporations billions, I'm going to argue for the people to get a little back.

Yes.

How about stopping all bailouts, welfare, grants, entitlements and subsidizes? For everybody? The government should never be in the business of taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to somebody that didn't earn it. Wouldn't you agree?

That's fine with me, but I'm not starting with the poor. End the subsidies for wall street and I'll support ending the rest.

[

Yes.

That's fine with me, but I'm not starting with the poor. End the subsidies for wall street and I'll support ending the rest.

Then join me. I am a real Conservative. No transfer of money to either the rich or poor. No money for Illegals and no money for farmers. No money for Democrat voting Negroes and no money for Wall Street. No foreign aid and no subsiding Solyndra or GM.

[

Yes.

Then join me. I am a real Conservative. No transfer of money to either the rich or poor. No money for Illegals and no money for farmers. No money for Democrat voting Negroes and no money for Wall Street. No foreign aid and no subsiding Solyndra or GM.

You can get this done?

Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program: report
Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program: report

The Trump administration is set to propose a rule Tuesday that would cut about 3.1 million Americans from the food-stamp program in an effort to save taxpayers about $2.5 billion a year, reports said.

The U.S. has seen low levels of unemployment, which is seen as a major factor in low levels of participation in the program. President Trump tweeted earlier this month that food stamp use is at a 10-year low. Politifact verified the claim.

Reuters, citing a U.S. Department of Agriculture, reported that residents in 43 states who receive help from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, automatically enroll in the food-stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, or SNAP.

The USDA intends to review these TANF cases to see if participants qualify for the program.

“This proposal will save money and preserve the integrity of the program,” Sonny Perdue, the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, said in a conference call. “SNAP should be a temporary safety net.”

SNAP, which was formerly known as the Food Stamps Program, is a federal program that provides grocery assistance for people out of work or with low incomes living in the U.S. To qualify for the program, individuals must make 130 percent or less of the federal poverty level based on the household siz
e.......(SNIP)

ME: Its about time we start reducing spending by botting off lazy people who do not need food stamps.

Winning!

[

Yes.

You can get this done?

I'll have to scream louder to get it done.

At least I have you on my side now. The two of us can make it happen if we work hard enough.

I have enlisted you on my side today. What are you going to do today to further our agenda?

[

Yes.

You can get this done?

I'll have to scream louder to get it done.

At least I have you on my side now. The two of us can make it happen if we work hard enough.

I have enlisted you on my side today. What are you going to do today to further our agenda?

I have long held the positions I hold now. I was the official photographer for the Libertarian party state convention. Met and took Gary Johnson's picture.

I didn't vote for him after he picked William Weld.

Forum List

Back