Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program

[

Here is the deal........Get rid of the corporate bail outs and I no longer support bail outs for the people. As long as we are going to give corporations billions, I'm going to argue for the people to get a little back.

You mean like the billions that Obama gave to corporations?

How about stopping all bailouts, welfare, grants, entitlements and subsidizes? For everybody? The government should never be in the business of taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to somebody that didn't earn it. Wouldn't you agree?
/——/ Liberals are against corporate welfare except when they aren’t.

Some of us think rich people are the problem. And the folks who keep voting for them.
/—-/ Yeah, because voting for losers to run our country is a wise thing to do.

[

Here is the deal........Get rid of the corporate bail outs and I no longer support bail outs for the people. As long as we are going to give corporations billions, I'm going to argue for the people to get a little back.

How about stopping all bailouts, welfare, grants, entitlements and subsidizes? For everybody? The government should never be in the business of taking money from the people that earned it and giving it away to somebody that didn't earn it. Wouldn't you agree?

Some of us think rich people are the problem. And the folks who keep voting for them.

The rich never stole any money from me that I know of.

However, the poor welfare class votes in Democrats and weak minded Republicans that take my money trough taxation.
/——/ And no poor person ever gave me a job,

Less than 10% of the food stamp roles will be affected.

Is that a guess on your part on are you too lazy to provide PROOF??? Personal opinions are so easy to prove...IF you are right!

So in other words, your are either too lazy to look up the number of people on food stamps or are too incapable of seeing that 3.1 million number in the thread title is less than 10% of that number as I stated.

Participants. A summary statistical report indicated that an average of 44.2 million people used the program in FY 2016, down from 45.8 million in 2015 and below the 2013 peak of 47.6 million. SNAP is able to support 75% of those eligible for the program.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia

[

However, the poor welfare class votes in Democrats and weak minded Republicans that take my money trough taxation.

In addition poor people don't invest money for economic growth or pay much tax or are great supporters of charity or anything else that benefits many of us. But they sure as hell have elected assholes to the government to steal money on their behalf.

You can get this done?

I'll have to scream louder to get it done.

At least I have you on my side now. The two of us can make it happen if we work hard enough.

I have enlisted you on my side today. What are you going to do today to further our agenda?

I have long held the positions I hold now. I was the official photographer for the Libertarian party state convention. Met and took Gary Johnson's picture.

I didn't vote for him after he picked William Weld.
/——/ Your camera of choice?

Nikon D7100.
/—-/ I love Nikons and the old lens still work. but since I’m not a professional photographer I buy them used - 3 generations behind. I’m an old film photographer. I gave my 15 yr old niece my D 50 and taught her the basics and she is hooked. Sorry for being off topic.

I'll reply and then drop it as its way off topic. I went Nikon because it is capable of using old lens and the D7100 has an internal drive motor. I've used it a ton and while full frame would be cool this does everything I need a camera for.

I had an Olympus OM-10 for years.

[

I am a Libertarian that is against all welfare all the time. Both rich and poor. Both domestic and foreign.
/—-/ You may be against welfare but I can’t find that in the libertarian doctrine. What Are Libertarian Views and Beliefs?

[

/—-/ Yeah, because voting for losers to run our country is a wise thing to do.
Because if you are not one of the rich elites, you are a loser!

[

[

Because all employers are rich elites. That surely includes farmers. They give people jobs.

And here they are BEGGING for a handout. Fuck off farmers. Rich motherfuckers. Stop stealing tax money.

Because all employers are rich elites. That surely includes farmers. They give people jobs.

And here they are BEGGING for a handout. Fuck off farmers. Rich motherfuckers. Stop stealing tax money.

There aren't very many "farmers" any longer. Mostly corporate farming.

Less than 10% of the food stamp roles will be affected.

Is that a guess on your part on are you too lazy to provide PROOF??? Personal opinions are so easy to prove...IF you are right!

So in other words, your are either too lazy to look up the number of people on food stamps or are too incapable of seeing that 3.1 million number in the thread title is less than 10% of that number as I stated.

Participants. A summary statistical report indicated that an average of 44.2 million people used the program in FY 2016, down from 45.8 million in 2015 and below the 2013 peak of 47.6 million. SNAP is able to support 75% of those eligible for the program.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Wikipedia

....and 10% of 44.2M would be 4.42M ergo the 3.1M affected would be less than 10% as I stated. (BTW the current # is down further as the current number is 36M 10% of which would be 3.6 ergo 3.1M is still less than 10% as I stated

Food-Stamps-Monthly.jpg

It doesn't help. The poor red states only pay $7.25 per hour. And they have to be forced to do that.

Listen, dumbass! I just happen to live in one of those so-called poor states. McDonald's starts at $11.00 an hour for high school kids. STFU until you grown a brain!
You Alabama folk eat a lot of McDonalds do you? Enough to keep every low-skilled, low-educated worker employed at $11 per hour?

No you don't. Dotard.

Where did I say anything about Alabama, dumbass? Can you fucking read a simple sentence? What I said is 100% true, so STFU!

I got you confused with the Alabama poster. I have my very own dotard moments. So does your state eat a lot of McDonald's?

WTF has that got to do with the topic? Since they are the largest in the country, almost everyone eats a lot of McDonald's. I do not.

It doesn't help. The poor red states only pay $7.25 per hour. And they have to be forced to do that.

Listen, dumbass! I just happen to live in one of those so-called poor states. McDonald's starts at $11.00 an hour for high school kids. STFU until you grown a brain!
You Alabama folk eat a lot of McDonalds do you? Enough to keep every low-skilled, low-educated worker employed at $11 per hour?

No you don't. Dotard.

Where did I say anything about Alabama, dumbass? Can you fucking read a simple sentence? What I said is 100% true, so STFU!

I got you confused with the Alabama poster. I have my very own dotard moments. So does your state eat a lot of McDonald's?

WTF has that got to do with the topic? Since they are the largest in the country, almost everyone eats a lot of McDonald's. I do not.
Because I don't think your McDonalds has enough $11 an hour jobs to give to all the low-skilled, low-educated workers in $7.25 minimum wage states.

I don't eat McDonalds. Ever. Most disgusting food on the planet, along with every other fast food restaurant in this country. Putrid, all of it. No wonder Americans are so FAT. Just like our President. We are falling so far behind, lol.

No you don't. Dotard.

Because I don't think your McDonalds has enough $11 an hour jobs to give to all the low-skilled, low-educated workers in $7.25 minimum wage states.

I don't eat McDonalds. Ever. Most disgusting food on the planet, along with every other fast food restaurant in this country. Putrid, all of it. No wonder Americans are so FAT. Just like our President. We are falling so far behind, lol.

That's because you are an idiot.

Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program: report
Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program: report

The Trump administration is set to propose a rule Tuesday that would cut about 3.1 million Americans from the food-stamp program in an effort to save taxpayers about $2.5 billion a year, reports said.

The U.S. has seen low levels of unemployment, which is seen as a major factor in low levels of participation in the program. President Trump tweeted earlier this month that food stamp use is at a 10-year low. Politifact verified the claim.

Reuters, citing a U.S. Department of Agriculture, reported that residents in 43 states who receive help from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, automatically enroll in the food-stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, or SNAP.

The USDA intends to review these TANF cases to see if participants qualify for the program.

“This proposal will save money and preserve the integrity of the program,” Sonny Perdue, the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, said in a conference call. “SNAP should be a temporary safety net.”

SNAP, which was formerly known as the Food Stamps Program, is a federal program that provides grocery assistance for people out of work or with low incomes living in the U.S. To qualify for the program, individuals must make 130 percent or less of the federal poverty level based on the household siz
e.......(SNIP)

ME: Its about time we start reducing spending by botting off lazy people who do not need food stamps.

Time to cut back on some of those gaming the system. There's multiple generations that have been raised on nothing but free.

Yep, Trump being the biggest example of that.

The Trump administration is set to propose a rule Tuesday that would cut about 3.1 million Americans from the food-stamp program in an effort to save taxpayers about $2.5 billion a year, reports said.

The U.S. has seen low levels of unemployment, which is seen as a major factor in low levels of participation in the program. President Trump tweeted earlier this month that food stamp use is at a 10-year low. Politifact verified the claim.

Reuters, citing a U.S. Department of Agriculture, reported that residents in 43 states who receive help from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, automatically enroll in the food-stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, or SNAP.

The USDA intends to review these TANF cases to see if participants qualify for the program.

“This proposal will save money and preserve the integrity of the program,” Sonny Perdue, the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, said in a conference call. “SNAP should be a temporary safety net.”

SNAP, which was formerly known as the Food Stamps Program, is a federal program that provides grocery assistance for people out of work or with low incomes living in the U.S. To qualify for the program, individuals must make 130 percent or less of the federal poverty level based on the household siz
e.......(SNIP)

ME: Its about time we start reducing spending by botting off lazy people who do not need food stamps.

The loser that added $4.1 trillion to the national debt in just two years, is going to save the tax payers $2 billion kicking children, seniors, and disabled vets, who will be effected by it most?

:auiqs.jpg:

/—-/ No dumbass, it means I took matters into my own hands and worked hard to do better. Today I’d take the $10 an hour job and work my way up. Same theory, just different numbers.

Just for future reference, if you think name calling is a proper rebuttal, I will ignore you.

Yes, you can take a $10 an hour job and move up BUT there are a limited number of jobs one can move up to.

I note this over and over, please tell me in decent language if you can where I am wrong.

Your solution will work for an individual. It will not work for tens of millions. This is a country of tens of millions.

Well, it sure has worked for tens of millions individuals for the last 100 years (at least). For those that feel they deserve a promotion because they show up every day, better hold out for that $15/hour job that may come along one of these days.

If it worked, there wouldn't be so many on public assistance of some sort.

Again, you once could get a good paying factory job. You didn't have to get "promoted" to just get by. Sadly $15 an hour will not even do that in some places.

Move.

Yep, it must take quite a lot of effort to find one of those $7.25/hour jobs. Don't ya just hate it when most companies pay more.

e.......(SNIP)

The loser that added $4.1 trillion to the national debt in just two years, is going to save the tax payers $2 billion kicking children, seniors, and disabled vets, who will be effected by it most?

:auiqs.jpg:

Yea as history shows Democrats spend and tear down America in one Administration i.e. like Obama did.. see below and then a GOP administration has to rebuild what
was torn down...i.e. See Trump accomplishments in 20 months. Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping Every time a Democrat becomes President the country has economic slowdown and then depends on GOP president to turn around.
In modern times...
Carter ... misery index the highest... Turned around Reagan...
Clinton... two recessions, impeached, lost law license... Bush inherited Clinton recession, 9/11, worst hurricane seasons, and housing crisis started by Clinton!
Obama... here is what he did to increase unemployment and INCREASE people on Welfare... Something Trump has TURNED around!
Obama_anti-Bus.png

To show you how truly ignorant Democrats like Obama really are... think about this:
Obama opposed keystone pipeline... Trump pushed it through.
Why did people like Obama oppose the pipeline? They were concerned about a oil pipeline that would join 185,000 miles of other pipelines in the USA.
They were concerned that the 700 barrels per mile might damage the environment. Anti-Keystone people picketed, etc. all protesting a 700 barrel per mile.

ALL the while they seem to ignore the alternative that Canada would use... i.e. 1 million barrel tanker per day hauling oil in as this Coast Guard expert state:
David Mosley, public affairs specialist for the U.S. Coast Guard in Alaska, says that the thousands of ships that already navigate its waters each year face "winter hurricanes"
with 40-foot seas and 100-knot winds that appear with little advanced notice. In a typical year, at least one ship gets into trouble.
"A vessel will have some sort of mechanical or physical issue that then puts them at the mercy of the weather and the waves."
The Environmental Dangers of Not Building Keystone XL

So in summary these anti-Keystone idiots like Obama would rather have 1 million barrels travel 1 mile in "winter hurricane" weather than 700 barrels traveling 1 mile in a pipe!
See the ignorance and stupidity of them and THE MSM that kept this logical argument from the public.
Tell me have any of you anti-Keystone Obamanistas, have any counter to that?

Forum List

Back