Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program

Just for future reference, if you think name calling is a proper rebuttal, I will ignore you.

Yes, you can take a $10 an hour job and move up BUT there are a limited number of jobs one can move up to.

I note this over and over, please tell me in decent language if you can where I am wrong.

Your solution will work for an individual. It will not work for tens of millions. This is a country of tens of millions.

Well, it sure has worked for tens of millions individuals for the last 100 years (at least). For those that feel they deserve a promotion because they show up every day, better hold out for that $15/hour job that may come along one of these days.

If it worked, there wouldn't be so many on public assistance of some sort.

Again, you once could get a good paying factory job. You didn't have to get "promoted" to just get by. Sadly $15 an hour will not even do that in some places.

It works, which is why there are so many more not getting public assistance. I can understand you or others not willing to put out the effort, it's not easy, although that only assures you will not get anywhere.

The numbers of people getting food stamps has been steadily dropping since 2013. The difference being Obama didn't give a presser every week touting what a great job he was doing and how many jobs he created and how he was the greatest President ever, even though he wasn't.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

As you can see, there has been no sudden or dramatic drop since Trump was elected, just a continuation of the slow but steady progress and continuation of things that began under Obama. Just like job creation:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fchuckjones%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FTRUMP-OBAMA-BUSH-EMPLOYMENT-CHART-2005-TO-2018-JOEL-SHORE-.jpg

Trump and his supporters keep claiming the economy is "roaring". It's not. It's not creating more jobs than Obama, more growth than Obama, and the stock market isn't rising as fast as Obama. If the Obama recovery was the "worst recovery in history", it's now the second worst because the Trump recovery is slower, and he goosed his numbers with a tax cut, and the biggest deficits in history.

Finally, something that Trump can claim is the biggest thing ever seen in American history, and this time, he's not lying. Trump now owns the two biggest budget deficits in US History. Give that man an exploding cigar!

When Clinton/Bush crashed the economy almost to 1929 level, the only way to go was up, dumbass.

All that "bailout" shit just fucked the citizens and strengthened the big banks and corporations that should have failed for making bad loans, instead they wound up increasing their assets exponentially, and citizens lost assets at the same rate. I don't like that. I made it through those years by hustling, but I heard so many bad stories about how much people lost, it was heartbreaking.
Many people were wronged by the government's actions.

I would add, banks were making those bad loans because they knew the government was willing to buy those loans.

In many cases they do. I'm not sure where you are going with this line of thinking though. I am not advocating for either.

They die either way. They kill them or we kill them. Maybe we should try something different?

they die either way my ass,,,there is no way you could know that

I can read the casualty numbers.
but wht if those numbers represent the killers and not the victims,,,that I am OK with

We have no clue who is who over there. None.
correction,,,you have no idea who is who,,,

We armed ISIS and then said "oops". We called those we armed in Syria "freedom fighters" and then called them terrorists when they turned those arms on us

maybe you arent but some of us are trying pretty hard at it,
almost half the country refuse to vote for dems or repubes,,,

Which doesn't stop the (D)'s or (R)'s.

not yet it hasnt,,,

and neither has your complaining,,,

one thing I forgot to address earlier,,,

Of course it hasn't. Discussion boards don't solve anything.

those hospitals and schools that got bombed, are you saying that was intentional???
if so what proof do you have,,

Kunduz hospital airstrike - Wikipedia

and what if the people of those countries ask for our help?? should we ignore them??

There is nothing we can do where it comes to violence. We only make things worse. Want to send them aid? OK, but not military aid.

violence has saved a lot of lives, not just t the time it happens but in some cases for decades to come,,,,

20 years almost in Afghanistan and Iraq. The killing had not stopped. The destruction has not stopped. Neither country is better off today.
you got anything to back tht up, or is it just your opinion,,,

last I heard we no longer have troops in iraq

but I do agree we need to either win it or leave,,not sure what a win looks like at this point though

Well, it sure has worked for tens of millions individuals for the last 100 years (at least). For those that feel they deserve a promotion because they show up every day, better hold out for that $15/hour job that may come along one of these days.

Again, you once could get a good paying factory job. You didn't have to get "promoted" to just get by. Sadly $15 an hour will not even do that in some places.

It works, which is why there are so many more not getting public assistance. I can understand you or others not willing to put out the effort, it's not easy, although that only assures you will not get anywhere.

The numbers of people getting food stamps has been steadily dropping since 2013. The difference being Obama didn't give a presser every week touting what a great job he was doing and how many jobs he created and how he was the greatest President ever, even though he wasn't.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

As you can see, there has been no sudden or dramatic drop since Trump was elected, just a continuation of the slow but steady progress and continuation of things that began under Obama. Just like job creation:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fchuckjones%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FTRUMP-OBAMA-BUSH-EMPLOYMENT-CHART-2005-TO-2018-JOEL-SHORE-.jpg

Trump and his supporters keep claiming the economy is "roaring". It's not. It's not creating more jobs than Obama, more growth than Obama, and the stock market isn't rising as fast as Obama. If the Obama recovery was the "worst recovery in history", it's now the second worst because the Trump recovery is slower, and he goosed his numbers with a tax cut, and the biggest deficits in history.

Finally, something that Trump can claim is the biggest thing ever seen in American history, and this time, he's not lying. Trump now owns the two biggest budget deficits in US History. Give that man an exploding cigar!

Going down after 2013, so Obama managed to increase the hell of food stamps and then lowered it. That's some fine liberal logic, if you have $20, go to the market and spend $22, and next week go to the market and spend $20, you're saving money? Dumbass.

Of course Obama didn't give pressers, the MSM was too busy getting thrills down their leg.

I supported little of what Obama did but the 2008 recession was not of his making.

But the pathetic recovery was of his making.

maybe you arent but some of us are trying pretty hard at it,
almost half the country refuse to vote for dems or repubes,,,

not yet it hasnt,,,

those hospitals and schools that got bombed, are you saying that was intentional???

and what if the people of those countries ask for our help?? should we ignore them??

There is nothing we can do where it comes to violence. We only make things worse. Want to send them aid? OK, but not military aid.

violence has saved a lot of lives, not just t the time it happens but in some cases for decades to come,,,,

Violence has saved a lot of lives. Spoken like a true conservative. Truth isn't truth, and don't believe what you see or hear.

I'm not a conservative,,,just like you are not a dragon,,,

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

When Clinton/Bush crashed the economy almost to 1929 level, the only way to go was up, dumbass.

All that "bailout" shit just fucked the citizens and strengthened the big banks and corporations that should have failed for making bad loans, instead they wound up increasing their assets exponentially, and citizens lost assets at the same rate. I don't like that. I made it through those years by hustling, but I heard so many bad stories about how much people lost, it was heartbreaking.
Many people were wronged by the government's actions.

I would add, banks were making those bad loans because they knew the government was willing to buy those loans.

It was a quid pro quo. The government eased regulations for the banks and the banks made loans for the government . Yes, the banks knew they wouldn't have to worry about losses also.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

Going down after 2013, so Obama managed to increase the hell of food stamps and then lowered it. That's some fine liberal logic, if you have $20, go to the market and spend $22, and next week go to the market and spend $20, you're saving money? Dumbass.

Of course Obama didn't give pressers, the MSM was too busy getting thrills down their leg.

I supported little of what Obama did but the 2008 recession was not of his making.

I did not and I do not support his actions concerning the economy.

Trump is wanting to do many of the same things though.

they die either way my ass,,,there is no way you could know that

I can read the casualty numbers.
but wht if those numbers represent the killers and not the victims,,,that I am OK with

We have no clue who is who over there. None.
correction,,,you have no idea who is who,,,

We armed ISIS and then said "oops". We called those we armed in Syria "freedom fighters" and then called them terrorists when they turned those arms on us

correction,,,dems and repubes armed them not we,,,

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

And what are some of those same things?

not yet it hasnt,,,

20 years almost in Afghanistan and Iraq. The killing had not stopped. The destruction has not stopped. Neither country is better off today.

You have never actually heard that.

Trump Visits US Troops in Iraq on Unannounced Trip

Trump says he has 'no plans at all' to withdraw US troops from Iraq during his first visit to troops in a combat zone

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

Bank bail outs. Cash for Clunkers. Get out of jail free cards for the bankers. Quantitative Easing.

For a start.

Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program: report
Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program: report

The Trump administration is set to propose a rule Tuesday that would cut about 3.1 million Americans from the food-stamp program in an effort to save taxpayers about $2.5 billion a year, reports said.

The U.S. has seen low levels of unemployment, which is seen as a major factor in low levels of participation in the program. President Trump tweeted earlier this month that food stamp use is at a 10-year low. Politifact verified the claim.

Reuters, citing a U.S. Department of Agriculture, reported that residents in 43 states who receive help from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, automatically enroll in the food-stamp program, known as the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program, or SNAP.

The USDA intends to review these TANF cases to see if participants qualify for the program.

“This proposal will save money and preserve the integrity of the program,” Sonny Perdue, the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, said in a conference call. “SNAP should be a temporary safety net.”

SNAP, which was formerly known as the Food Stamps Program, is a federal program that provides grocery assistance for people out of work or with low incomes living in the U.S. To qualify for the program, individuals must make 130 percent or less of the federal poverty level based on the household siz
e.......(SNIP)

ME: Its about time we start reducing spending by botting off lazy people who do not need food stamps.

Time to cut back on some of those gaming the system. There's multiple generations that have been raised on nothing but free.
We have a federal doctrine regarding the legal concept of employment at the will of either party.

Equal protection of that federal doctrine and federal policy will solve simple poverty in a market friendly manner.

Bank bail outs. Cash for Clunkers. Get out of jail free cards for the bankers. Quantitative Easing.

For a start.

Yea, I see California has a Cash for Clunkers program (what a surprise), not finding any quantitative easing or bank bail outs, do you have links?

For a start.

Yea, I see California has a Cash for Clunkers program (what a surprise), not finding any quantitative easing or bank bail outs, do you have links?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you asked what were some of the things that Obama did that I didn't support.

As for Trump he is wanting more Quantitative Easing.

Trump Calls for New Quantitative Easing to Prop Up U.S. Economy

Out one side of his mouth he argued that the economy is the greatest ever. Out of the other he argued it needs propped up.

Bail outs would include any kind

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-second-round-promised-farm-bailout-payments/

not yet it hasnt,,,

You have never actually heard that.

Trump Visits US Troops in Iraq on Unannounced Trip

Trump says he has 'no plans at all' to withdraw US troops from Iraq during his first visit to troops in a combat zone
how would you know what I've heard???

and not the first time i've been lied to,,,or been given wrong info,,,

For a start.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you asked what were some of the things that Obama did that I didn't support.

Out one side of his mouth he argued that the economy is the greatest ever. Out of the other he argued it needs propped up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...-second-round-promised-farm-bailout-payments/

Bank bailouts are a bit different than farm bailouts. Although you're trying to argue any bailout is bad. So what is it called if student loans are all forgiven, is that a bailout?

For a start.

Bank bailouts are a bit different than farm bailouts. Although you're trying to argue any bailout is bad. So what is it called if student loans are all forgiven, is that a bailout?

Here is the deal........Get rid of the corporate bail outs and I no longer support bail outs for the people. As long as we are going to give corporations billions, I'm going to argue for the people to get a little back.

For a start.

Here is the deal........Get rid of the corporate bail outs and I no longer support bail outs for the people. As long as we are going to give corporations billions, I'm going to argue for the people to get a little back.

So you feel student loans are a bail out.

For a start.

So you feel student loans are a bail out.

No. I feel a forgiveness of them would be.

Trump Administration Moves to End Food Stamps for 3 Million

8 out of 10 states with the highest percentage of folks on food stamps voted for Trump

Once again, Trump and his enablers have shafted their own supporters.

Unfortunately they will blame Dems for it and still vote for trump
/——/ Your analysis is flawed. How do you know food stamp users in those states voted for Trump in the first place? How do you know how any of them voted? Did you consider the possibility that they voted for Trump in 2016 to turn the economy around so they wouldn’t need food stamps? And did you consider the possibility that they are no longer on food stamps and will vote for him in 2020, or is that above your pay grade?

The people who needed food stamps in 2016, haven't changed. The bottom 40% didn't get a raise, or a much of a tax cut. They got tariffs on almost everything they buy, and a lot of them lost their health insurance.

The economy is strong, but doing little to bolster President Trump's support, survey says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...5c382e-99b5-11e9-916d-9c61607d8190_story.html

If the rising tide doesn't lift all boats, the ones who get swamped will not be voting Trump in 2020.

What tariffs impact the poor?

Forum List

Back