Trump administration to propose rule that would cut 3.1 million people from food stamp program

Mind our own business. If another country decides it's in their best interest to do something we would rather them not, that's just the way it is.

I won't argue that both parties have done stupid things on foreign policy, but again, I think you are being a bit naive. Sanctions against North Korea, a country that threatens everyone in their area, and sanctions against Iran, a country that threatens everyone are as close to no brainers as you are going to get. So far, you are pro government dependence, and lets just be friends with terrorists. I'm not buying what you are selling.

North Korea can do nothing. China would never allow it. Iran is doing nothing we don't do many times over.

can you prove chine wouldnt let them??
and what about its people and the horrible conditions they live under???

The conditions they live under are bad but have we not learned by now that we can not change that with war? All we do is destroy what little they do have. Iraq is not a better place today.

as for Iran,,,we dont kill gay people or those that speak out against our government

We don't. That is good. There are some here that would like to do both.

oh and we are not at war with N korea,,,we are currently under negotiations to prevent a war,,,

We are blowing smoke. North Korea couldn't afford more than a few days of war. We know they are no risk. They aren't selling oil to Russia. If they were then they would be a risk.

by splitting it you skipped over the part where I asked what you would do if someone was getting robbed and killed,,,

You can ask a better question than this. It's a vague question at very best. I am arguing that we as a nation stop doing that.

Does that address the question for you?

thats pretty specific if you ask me,,,

my guess by your comments is you would just walk on by

You are trying to use this as a justification for invading other countries. The truth is we use this as an excuse and then kill the same people. We have slaughtered thousands of innocent people in the countries we have invaded.

If you justify the excuses then other countries would be as right to attack us.

a lot of these countrys are committing mass genocide,,,throwing gays off of buildings

what do you do in a case like that

We bombed a hospital full of innocent men, women and children. We are unable to be the world police. It wouldn't be so bad if that was actually the reason we do what we do. It's not.

Saudi Arabia is as bad if not worse than any country we invaded but yet, we send them billions in aid

so you would just walk by as some one was being robbed and murdered,,,

for some reason I expected that,,,

you need to rethink your twisted views and stop twisting the truth to fit your narrative,,,

mistakes have been made as well as crimes, but ignoring it or blaming us wont help,,,

address the mistakes and crimes and stand up for those that cant,,,

I won't argue that both parties have done stupid things on foreign policy, but again, I think you are being a bit naive. Sanctions against North Korea, a country that threatens everyone in their area, and sanctions against Iran, a country that threatens everyone are as close to no brainers as you are going to get. So far, you are pro government dependence, and lets just be friends with terrorists. I'm not buying what you are selling.

North Korea can do nothing. China would never allow it. Iran is doing nothing we don't do many times over.

The conditions they live under are bad but have we not learned by now that we can not change that with war? All we do is destroy what little they do have. Iraq is not a better place today.

as for Iran,,,we dont kill gay people or those that speak out against our government

wanting to and doing it are different things,,,and most that say it are just shooting their mouths off,,,

and I think Iraq while still a shithole is better off than under hussein who killed hundreds of thousands of his own people just for fun,,,

No he didn't. Don't expect me to take this seriously. He killed the very same people we killed after invading

thats your ignorance coming through,,,
educate yourself and get back to me,,,

oh and we are not at war with N korea,,,we are currently under negotiations to prevent a war,,,

We are blowing smoke. North Korea couldn't afford more than a few days of war. We know they are no risk. They aren't selling oil to Russia. If they were then they would be a risk.

again thats your ignorance coming through

by splitting it you skipped over the part where I asked what you would do if someone was getting robbed and killed,,,

You can ask a better question than this. It's a vague question at very best. I am arguing that we as a nation stop doing that.

You are trying to use this as a justification for invading other countries. The truth is we use this as an excuse and then kill the same people. We have slaughtered thousands of innocent people in the countries we have invaded.

a lot of these countrys are committing mass genocide,,,throwing gays off of buildings

We bombed a hospital full of innocent men, women and children. We are unable to be the world police. It wouldn't be so bad if that was actually the reason we do what we do. It's not.

Saudi Arabia is as bad if not worse than any country we invaded but yet, we send them billions in aid

Not interested in trying to side track a discussion. You know as well as I do, this is not what is being discussed.

you need to rethink your twisted views and stop twisting the truth to fit your narrative,,,

mistakes have been made as well as crimes, but ignoring it or blaming us wont help,,,

We can't. Maybe you can argue it's because that is not what we actually do and I may agree with you but I'm not sure we
could even do that, not that we try.

We invade to protect the dollar, not for any other reason.

wanting to and doing it are different things,,,and most that say it are just shooting their mouths off,,,

and I think Iraq while still a shithole is better off than under hussein who killed hundreds of thousands of his own people just for fun,,,

No he didn't. Don't expect me to take this seriously. He killed the very same people we killed after invading

thats your ignorance coming through,,,
educate yourself and get back to me,,,

I'm well educated on the subject. Almost 20 years now we have been there. What have we accomplished?

Food stamps suck.
  1. Food stamps let all and sundry know exactly how poor you are.
  2. Merchants hate poor people, because they can't realize much profit off food stamps.
  3. Greengrocers associate poverty with shoplifting, impute guilt by association, and attempt to have the poor trespassed or arrested at every opportunity or suspicion.

I am pro America as it gets and I think the same thing. I think only property owners should vote. If you dont own a piece of something then you shouldnt have any say, paying your income taxes is just rent, property taxes is ownership. Of course Democrats wouldnt agree

What I can't stand are folks who are called "enablers". That really pisses me off the most, seeing them taking advantage of government programs. Especially, when I see them when they are able-bodied to work.
I don't care if it's only for a few hours. But to me, that is "begging"...or a form of peddling.

I work part-time, because of my disability. But at least I am able to get around and work. I pay my bills and taxes. I vote, too!
And I haven't asked for any help from any government agency for any reasons. Because I may be poor. But at least, I can get through.

I am pro America as it gets and I think the same thing. I think only property owners should vote. If you dont own a piece of something then you shouldnt have any say, paying your income taxes is just rent, property taxes is ownership. Of course Democrats wouldnt agree

What I can't stand are folks who are called "enablers". That really pisses me off the most, seeing them taking advantage of government programs. Especially, when I see them when they are able-bodied to work.
I don't care if it's only for a few hours. But to me, that is "begging"...or a form of peddling.

I work part-time, because of my disability. But at least I am able to get around and work. I pay my bills and taxes. I vote, too!
And I haven't asked for any help from any government agency for any reasons. Because I may be poor. But at least, I can get through.

I agree with Westender. I'm disabled, but I would have no problem leaving the voting to people who contribute. I've had my time, and it is just a common sense suggestion.

I agree with Westender. I'm disabled, but I would have no problem leaving the voting to people who contribute. I've had my time, and it is just a common sense suggestion.
I was agreeing with Westender too! And you too!

Remember back in the 90's when we had paper food stamps? How people were using to "cash in" for non-food items, drugs and alcohol?

I really can't see where you are coming from. How much damage do you think North Korea could do to Seoul or Japan in two days? That has nothing to do with oil or the dollar. I'm not sure how Democrats become so enthusiastically part of the 'America is Evil' crowd? What exactly do you guys get out of hating our country?

I was agreeing with Westender too! And you too!

Remember back in the 90's when we had paper food stamps? How people were using to "cash in" for non-food items, drugs and alcohol?

This topic comes up quite a bit. I honestly think the left believes if only working people voted, that the evil capitalist would let the disabled people die in the streets. Their view of humanity is pretty low. They see people as stupid, helpless, and evil. Yet somehow, they want government clowns to have unlimited power. They need a stupid, evil, autocratic supreme commander. It is just odd.

I really can't see where you are coming from. How much damage do you think North Korea could do to Seoul or Japan in two days? That has nothing to do with oil or the dollar. I'm not sure how Democrats become so enthusiastically part of the 'America is Evil' crowd? What exactly do you guys get out of hating our country?

I'm not a Democrat. People do this to put people into their neat little boxes to argue about the box as opposed to what people actually say.

North Korea has absolutely no reason to bomb Japan. They would have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Not interested in trying to side track a discussion. You know as well as I do, this is not what is being discussed.

We can't. Maybe you can argue it's because that is not what we actually do and I may agree with you but I'm not sure we

one of many problems with your opinion,,,its democrats and republicans that use wars to protect for money,,,not we the people,

we the people have no problem helping those in need from being murdered

and before you say it,,foodstamps as a way of life dont help people it subjects them to control by the people in government,,,

I'm not a Democrat. People do this to put people into their neat little boxes to argue about the box as opposed to what people actually say.

North Korea has absolutely no reason to bomb Japan. They would have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose.

youve been putting people in a box all day,,,so WTF???
you cant have it both ways,,

one of many problems with your opinion,,,its democrats and republicans that use wars to protect for money,,,not we the people,

and before you say it,,foodstamps as a way of life dont help people it subjects them to control by the people in government,,,

You say I should stop someone from killing someone else and that's fine, but we do not stop our government from killing thousands of
innocent people.

youve been putting people in a box all day,,,so WTF???
you cant have it both ways,,

In a way. I'm not accusing anyone of being what they are not. What is being done is being done under the auspices of the United States and they are us.

It doesn't matter what you did. When you did it there were millions of well paying factory jobs that one could get with absolutely no experience. That is no longer the case.

That's like arguing, I could buy a loaf of bread for 19 cents, I don't understand why everyone can't do that today.
/—-/ No dumbass, it means I took matters into my own hands and worked hard to do better. Today I’d take the $10 an hour job and work my way up. Same theory, just different numbers.

Just for future reference, if you think name calling is a proper rebuttal, I will ignore you.

Yes, you can take a $10 an hour job and move up BUT there are a limited number of jobs one can move up to.

I note this over and over, please tell me in decent language if you can where I am wrong.

Your solution will work for an individual. It will not work for tens of millions. This is a country of tens of millions.

Well, it sure has worked for tens of millions individuals for the last 100 years (at least). For those that feel they deserve a promotion because they show up every day, better hold out for that $15/hour job that may come along one of these days.

If it worked, there wouldn't be so many on public assistance of some sort.

Again, you once could get a good paying factory job. You didn't have to get "promoted" to just get by. Sadly $15 an hour will not even do that in some places.

It works, which is why there are so many more not getting public assistance. I can understand you or others not willing to put out the effort, it's not easy, although that only assures you will not get anywhere.

The numbers of people getting food stamps has been steadily dropping since 2013. The difference being Obama didn't give a presser every week touting what a great job he was doing and how many jobs he created and how he was the greatest President ever, even though he wasn't.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

As you can see, there has been no sudden or dramatic drop since Trump was elected, just a continuation of the slow but steady progress and continuation of things that began under Obama. Just like job creation:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fchuckjones%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F10%2FTRUMP-OBAMA-BUSH-EMPLOYMENT-CHART-2005-TO-2018-JOEL-SHORE-.jpg

Trump and his supporters keep claiming the economy is "roaring". It's not. It's not creating more jobs than Obama, more growth than Obama, and the stock market isn't rising as fast as Obama. If the Obama recovery was the "worst recovery in history", it's now the second worst because the Trump recovery is slower, and he goosed his numbers with a tax cut, and the biggest deficits in history.

Finally, something that Trump can claim is the biggest thing ever seen in American history, and this time, he's not lying. Trump now owns the two biggest budget deficits in US History. Give that man an exploding cigar!

You say I should stop someone from killing someone else and that's fine, but we do not stop our government from killing thousands of
innocent people.

maybe you arent but some of us are trying pretty hard at it,
almost half the country refuse to vote for dems or repubes,,,

Forum List

Back