Trump and the RNC should just ignore Comey and whatever he has said or might say

If you were Trump, which of the following would you do?

• Ignore Comey and whatever he might have to say or has already said.

• Engage in argy-bargy with Comey.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread topic:
  • The topic: This thread's topic of discussion is how Trump, the RNC (and/or other federal public office holding individuals) should respond or not respond to Comey and/or his book.
  • Not the topic: Everything else.

Poll question:
  • If you were Trump, which of the following would you do?
    1. Ignore Comey and whatever he might have to say or has already said.
    2. Engage in argy-bargy with Comey.

My remarks:
Why is the RNC, the WH or Trump even talking about Jim Comey, what he's written in his book, or anything else he's said or done? James Comey is nothing other than a private citizen. There's absolutely no reason for Trump, the RNC, members of Congress or anyone having an actual role as a "player" in national politics and/or public policy making to respond to him and his book at all.

Regardless of what Trump, the RNC (and/or other federal public office holding individuals) think about Comey or his book, there's nothing to gain by dignifying him or his remarks with a refutory response. The man has no actual power; thus there's nothing to defend oneself from with regard to his remarks.

Hell, if Trump and the cabal of conservative media don't talk about it, it'll disappear from everyone's "radar" in a day or less. There's really no alternative but that because the folks who might want to talk about Comey and his book will run out of things to say.

It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.
-- W.C. Fields​
Don't you think a better question would be, that if even supporters of Trump agree on the inadvisability of engaging in a mud fight, is he mentally suitable for the job ?
No. The question I asked is the question for which I'm interested to know what be people's answers.

Don't you think a better question would be, that if even supporters of Trump agree on the inadvisability of engaging in a mud fight, is he mentally suitable for the job ? Or does that fall out of the scope of this OP?
Trump's "mental suitability for the job" most definitely is out of scope for this thread, OP, etc. If you want the answer to that question, by all means, create a thread and ask it.
Ah so you just want to ask the question.But you do not want to discuss the implications of that question? Seems a bit easy but it's your OP.
Should he reply, is in the scope, but why does he, isn't?
Off-topic:
I don't mean what I'm about to write derisively -- I might later if I find myself having to repeat it -- but I don't know how else to get the point across to you.
  • In scope --> What should Trump et al do with regard to Comey and his book and why?
  • Out of scope --> Is "someone" -- it doesn't even matter who -- mentally fit to for a given job?
    Don't you think a better question would be, that if even supporters of Trump agree on the inadvisability of engaging in a mud fight, is he mentally suitable for the job ?
Why am I having to reiterate for you what is the topic of this thread?
  • Is the OP not clear enough about it?
  • Are you prohibited from creating threads to ask the questions you want answered?
  • Do you think me incapable of asking the question I want answered?
I gave you the reasoning and directly answered the question, since I did that nothing more can be discussed. Everybody so far agrees with one option so nothing further can come of it. It doesn't come over derisive.It just comes over limiting.
I gave you the reasoning and directly answered the question, since I did that nothing more can be discussed.
Yep.

Everybody so far agrees with one option so nothing further can come of it.
Yep. That's fine.

Off Topic:
Isn't it nice to occasionally find something on which "everyone" agrees?​
I like people getting along. The fact that everyone does besides the subject of the query just seems begging for a follow up, that's all. Thanks for your patience though I didn't wanted to hijack your OP if that's what you feel I did.

Off Topic:
Isn't it nice to occasionally find something on which "everyone" agrees?​
I like people getting along. The fact that everyone does besides the subject of the query just seems begging for a follow up, that's all. Thanks for your patience though I didn't wanted to hijack your OP if that's what you feel I did.
The thread's not that old. Give it some time for potential dissenters to discover it even exists.

Trump and the administration needs to ignore Comey, otherwise they come off looking like controlling, insecure fools, much like the OP has done in this thread.

I believe you engage. You must engage if you want your story told honestly.

The MSM isn't going to do it. Now there are as many dems attacking Comey
as GOP because Comey is defending himself and not either party. He is roasting Dem members at the same rate as GOP because of what went on
when he was in charge of the FBI.

You CANNOT allow him to control the conversation. That would put people in the middle in his corner. You've got to explain all the lies Comey has told to Congress and the American people. You destroy his credibility and you damn
sure don't allow him to regain credibility which is what he is trying to do.

You go after him

Comey does dominate the center of the conversation, and as long as he does it hurts Trump and the gop in the fall elections.

Comey does dominate the center of the conversation, and as long as he does it hurts Trump and the gop in the fall elections.
It's a no win for Trump. And Trump probably miscalculated when he decided to make enemies at DOJ. Hoover punked RFK, and RFK would have locked up Trump.

Forum List

Back